LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Changing At The Beach...

Over the years, this has always been difficult, okay the etiquette is to wriggle about under a towel [for everyone], taking off a nappy and moreover fixing a new one at the beach is kind of a different ball game. You can use the disabled toilets [of course] and get changed before you get onto the sand, but I wanted to challenge my own embarrassment and just get changed like everybody else [why should we be any different whether we wear diapers for a fetish or not?].

So just the other day, instead of taking ages lying down and removing my things under a towel, I got a place by the waters edge and the beach was fairly crowded. I stood on my towel and undressed just like everyone else down to my plastic pants and nappy. Of course I still had to wrap a towel around to take these items off, but the point [for me] was not to feel embarrassed; my social worker also said if other adults had some kind of problem with seeing this, then it is them that have a problem?

Anyway, nothing was said, no looks, no comments and it gave me a lot more confidence. I think sometimes we imagine that in a scenario like that, evryone is focused on us when the reality is they are too busy doing their own thing.

So I wondered how others approached this situation, where the only issue I personally have is where children are around and would never want them to be confused or scared through seeing me in incontinence wear.

I have changed in the car at the beach b4; but never on the beach. Tho we have went early to sunbath some in just a cloth diaper. As familys with children started loading the beach and moving closer to us I did put my bathing suiy back over it. (Did have 1 couple stop & the lady asks my g/f "Why is he wearing a diaper?". I was very :blush: . G/f told "Oh he was a bad boy!" They giggled & the lady looked at the guy with her & smiled .)

"Anyway, nothing was said, no looks, no comments and it gave me a lot more confidence. I think sometimes we imagine that in a scenario like that, evryone is focused on us when the reality is they are too busy doing their own thing."

It's true that what we see is from our perspective. We imagine that everyone on the beach is watching you because your mind is on the diapers. You imagine them watching you because you are watching your self. Kinda like projecting your anger, similar but not the same.

It's like standing in line wearing a diaper and peeing in them. No one around you can tell, unless you leak or something, that you are peeing, you just imagine that they can so it makes you nervous. Imagination can be a powerful thing. It can scare you in the woods when your alone or make you feel loved when your not. The brain is a difficult thing to deal with since it's hard wired to your body and has control over it, weather you like it or not.

Thanks for sharing this. I do not think I would be so brave. We have hosted picnics in the park for ABDL's and I have set up tents for a diaper changing station. That ensured privacy for anyone needed a change.

I change my diaper on my boat all the time but never on deck, always below. I usually wear a swim diaper under my wetsuit too.

Stay Pampered

SoCalAB

http://socalab.250x.com

Over the years, this has always been difficult...

I've changed my diaper at the beach....but not a crowded one. In fact a deserted one....I'd bike a long way down into the dunes to get miles down the beach, and would quickly change between beach walkers.

Actually just posted a diaper changing photo on the beach on my FB page....

It's true that what we see is from our perspective. We imagine that everyone on the beach is watching you because your mind is on the diapers. You imagine them watching you because you are watching your self.

Probably very true, this. You imagine that as soon as they see you in something that is not normally seen, then their eyes are going to be focused on you like snipers surrounding a wanted fugitive!

There is a more private beach I go to where there is a wall that drops down and only if people walk right by the edge of it could they see down. When no-one has been around very early mornings I have even enjoyed the freedom of walking on the beach in just my nappy or having the plastic pants over it so I can at least enjoy paddling in the water.

It is now the school holidays and so far more difficult to find a spot where there are no children, but I did enjoy that initial first experience the other day of just doing what everyone else does regardless of them seeing. And after all, it is only for a moment, as you are soon changed into beachwear.

And I would think that most people [seeing this] would know that it is for a medical reason, but I guess there are some that may think it is down to a fetish. Whatever way around it is, I feel I should not have to be embarrassed and so will change openly [but carefully] from now on.

One time I was walking along the beach with my sister and she said, "Is that guy wearing a diaper??". She noticed a guy who looked to be in a diaper. So, sometimes people DO notice, but they just don't say anything to the person who is diapered. Seeing someone in a diaper is not normal, especially at the beach, so people will notice and say something to their friends. We as abdls shouldn't care though!!! We should start a "Diapered at the beach day" where we have like 20-50 adults in just diapers at the beach here in socal. Power in numbers. Whos with me? :)

The beach is public property. An adult changing their diapers there is guilty of public indecency and could easily be charged and arrested if someone decides to call the cops. Most people probly won't bother with doing so, but it is a risk you take if you're not doing so in a restroom or port-a-potty, etc. So don't come crying if someone happens to pick up on what you're doing and finds it offensive enough to call the cops on you.

• Like 2

I'm of several thoughts on the matter. If it's just you and no one around or near enough to see what you are doing (even when you shield yourself with a towel or blanket), then I guess it wouldn't be a big deal. On the other hand, when people take their street clothes off to put on their swim suits, they do that in the restroom or bath house or a cabana, not out openly on the beach where people can see what they are doing. Now, before someone points out that real babies and toddlers often get changed on the beach or perhaps get their swim suits put on, there is a big difference between an actual baby and toddler and an adult playing at being a toddler. I just think that when changing on the beach, good taste should be kept in mind when others are near enough to see what is happining. If it can be done without offending others around you, more power to you. If you change your diapers on the beach instead of going to the restroom to do it, is your motivation to just change a very wet diaper that is sorely in despirate need of a changeing, or is it to be more of an exhibitionist to get a thrill out of others seeing what you are doing.

• Like 4

The beach is public property.

Really? Here they are owned/run by local councils.

An adult changing their diapers there is guilty of public indecency and could easily be charged and arrested if someone decides to call the cops.

Nowhere did I say that I actually changed a diaper at the beach. This is simply a case of being seen with it on. In any event a person will change discreetly beneath a towel.

I accept what you say [because you are in America], but this is the UK and hardly anyone worries about beach-changing in general. Fortunately, your situation does not exist here.

I'm of several thoughts on the matter. If it's just you and no one around or near enough to see what you are doing (even when you shield yourself with a towel or blanket), then I guess it wouldn't be a big deal. On the other hand, when people take their street clothes off to put on their swim suits, they do that in the restroom or bath house or a cabana, not out openly on the beach where people can see what they are doing. Now, before someone points out that real babies and toddlers often get changed on the beach or perhaps get their swim suits put on, there is a big difference between an actual baby and toddler and an adult playing at being a toddler. I just think that when changing on the beach, good taste should be kept in mind when others are near enough to see what is happining. If it can be done without offending others around you, more power to you. If you change your diapers on the beach instead of going to the restroom to do it, is your motivation to just change a very wet diaper that is sorely in despirate need of a changeing, or is it to be more of an exhibitionist to get a thrill out of others seeing what you are doing.

RustyPins makes good points. First of all it is nothing to do with exhibitionism, it is about gaining confidence.

Second, beach etiquette is far different in the UK. People are discreet but no-one would object to the odd bare bottom whereas it seems to me that in America there would be some kind of uproar.

it is true, beach goers in the use are inherently more prudish than those in europe. Ex. the amount of clothing optional beaches in the us. v. those in europe and the amount of people who go to those beaches.

Guest rosemonde10

In America at least, unless the ebach is a nude beach, there's a level of etiquette to uphold.

Most people would be iffy if another beachgoer they were near was changing a diaper they used on the beach. Most.

A.) Don't be too near the water where the action is.

B.) Mke sure the towel is BIG, otherwise a wind might pick up the side and reveal everything.

C.) To be extra safe, don't be near people or kids.

D.) Further, use a toilet room with locks.

I've seen people diapered on beaches though. It's common. I've not seen one person CHANGE on the beach though. Too much possibility for humiliation I assume. I'm not brave enough for that.

The worst thing I've ever seen on a beach was a rather obese 40 year old man in a yellow thong that literally was crushing his genitals. It brned my eyes more than the sun itself.

Lol.

As I try to explain, I never change a nappy on the beach, sure I will take it off discreetly under a towel to put on my swimwear. It's certainly nothing to do with exhibitionism. It is about having the confidence to be seen with my nappy on [while changing] without having to endure "iffy" looks. Most sensible adults would know that it is for a medical reason anyway.

rosemonde10 just said...

"I've seen people diapered on beaches though. It's common."

I can't say that I have ever seen an adult "diapered" at the beach. And I have no problem changing near children. I never go near them - [not a big fan, see].

I wonder what would happen if you combined this thread with Shark Week [cue theme from "The Baby"; morph to theme from "Jaws"]

I wonder what would happen if you combined this thread with Shark Week [cue theme from "The Baby"; morph to theme from "Jaws"]

A parody of that picture of Barney eating the kids and going "Yuck! That one was wearing a diaper!", with a shark and beach goers, instead?

I have taken off my diaper on a nude beaches many times and re diapered when i was leaving, i don't hide that i wear a diaper i just slip it off and put it in my bag.

There were no children around and and the beach is known for gays walking around showing off and guys in drag.

I have also seen a number of lacy panties on guys over the years.

At least here in Calif most nude beaches have a general nudist area and a area off to one side that is used by the gay and fetish people.

For blacks beach its the north end almost to the state beach area. other beaches have there own areas.

Up near Sacramento Calif at Auburn Calif there is a nude beach along the American river and the area just to the east of the regular nude beach is the gay and fetish area. I have worn diapers there many times

Guest rosemonde10

When I say it's common to see diapered people on beaches, let me clarify:

I have seen people diapered on beaches enough so I can say I personally think it's a common occurance. Honestly though, you would be surprised what you see if you look hard enough.

When I say it's common to see diapered people on beaches, let me clarify:

I have seen people diapered on beaches enough so I can say I personally think it's a common occurance. Honestly though, you would be surprised what you see if you look hard enough.

I am sure I would and thank you for the clarification. :thumbsup:

I stood on my towel and undressed just like everyone else down to my plastic pants and nappy. Of course I still had to wrap a towel around to take these items off, but the point [for me] was not to feel embarrassed; my social worker also said if other adults had some kind of problem with seeing this, then it is them that have a problem?

Anyway, nothing was said, no looks, no comments and it gave me a lot more confidence. I think sometimes we imagine that in a scenario like that, evryone is focused on us when the reality is they are too busy doing their own thing.

So I wondered how others approached this situation, where the only issue I personally have is where children are around and would never want them to be confused or scared through seeing me in incontinence wear.

I can't stand sand in my diapers, so I never took them off at the beach, or sat on a towel. I always took my folding chair. I don't think I'd feel comfortable stripping down to the diapers and plastic pants and taking a swim either. But you are correct. Nobody is really interested in us the way we often think they are.

Nobody is really interested in us the way we often think they are.

I agree. We must be delusional if we think that people are suddenly going to drop a sandwich just because someone has unusual attire. I mean, if you turned up in full jousting uniform you would likely get more attention. Just to clarify, I haven't put a fresh nappy on at the beach, only changed out of the wet one. Sand is wonderful to lie on but gets practically everywhere you don't want and you always seem to take a few thousand grains home with you.

I still find sand in my shoes the one time I went about 5 years ago. True! My beach shoes I call them.

I absolutely believe!

We are luck [very] to have indoor hot water showers and changing area at the beach. Most people take along their shower gel and shampoo... it's really nice to leave the beach sand-free... and clean!

Also, this week when a friend has been staying and we have gone to the beach together, I have not felt so shy and just undressed the same as anyone else would do before removing my nappy under the towel. Leaving the beach is far more difficult [putting a fresh one on etc] and so the changing room is ideal... I've even mastered fixing one under a towel while sat on the bench!