LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

lets discuss books

So whats the first book you remember reading that changed your life or opinion on reading? Do you have a favorite author? Any books you suggest or curious to see if its worth reading? And Go!

Well ill be the first to say my first book was Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn. I believe I was 12 when I picked this book up and it made me want to read more and more. I love RA Salvatore. His Drizzt novels just appeal to the gamer in me. I also enjoy George RR Martin novels! Someone freeze me until Winds of Winter is release and all you fucks that keep saying he is going to die before he finishes A song of fire and ice (Game of thrones) I will hunt you all down like a T1000 if he does!

I always loved to read. My parents took pics of me as a little kid with stacks of books sitting next to me (they kept some of those books for me, and they are worn out). I especially liked reading about astronomy (still do!).

As far as a fiction series or author from when I was a little bit older, though, it'd have to be Michael Chrichton. His fiction books captivated me, and I remember reading everything they had of his in the school's library. He offered just the right mix of science fiction, fact, and action to keep me turning the pages.

Non-fiction would definitely be the spiral bound GW-BASIC reference manual given to me by my late grandfather. I read that thing from cover to cover, to learn about every possible function the language offered, and marked it up, highlighted it, etc. I wore the covers off it (literally), and a few pages more. That book completely changed my life. From 6th grade there was no longer a question of what I wanted to do with my life. I spent my childhood programming computers and learning everything I could about them. I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for that book.

I admit I have never read a single Potter book. Anyone ever read any of The Tales of Bounty Hunters? That was a great star wars book with short stories about all the bounty hunters and Jubbas Band.

I love classics but my main interest is Sci-Fi. Hard-edged, scientifically literate, and Dystopian is usually my style of book. Read a lot of the old guys in the genre like HG Wells, Orwell, Phillip K Dick, Larry Niven, Kim Stanley Robinson to name a few. I dig modern writers a lot too like Neal Stephenson, Ian Banks, and William Gibson. (Chuck Palaniuk too even though he really isn't Sci-Fi)

The first proper book that I read cover to cover and opened my eyes to the whole story world was Felix Salten's Bambi. The tale had me glued from page one. There's a lovely bit in it about two leaves talking on a tree, saying how their fellow leaves keep disappearing. I still have the same book on one of my many bookshelves.

As for what I read now, basically anything. Whether it's free classics on my kindle, cheap charity shop finds or brand new books. If it looks interesting I'll read it. I also find it very easy to put a book down though and I go through phases of not reading much at all.