LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to by diapers in public without it looking suspicous

I am a 21 year old male and I'm just nervous about being diapers in public, the ones online cost so much more than the ones from cvs or Walgreens, even though the online ones are better. I have bought them once from Walgreens before and the lady checking me out gave me a really weird look when I was paying for them. I work in a hospital so I have scrubs that I wear for work, do you think it would look better if I went in to by them in my work scrubs so that It might look like I'm buying them for something work related? or do you have any other advice about a good way to by diapers in public? good places to go, and good times to go? any advice will be appreciated!

i recommend doing it until it doesn't feel so weird :-) i have bought diapers in crowded stores, at lunch rush, in my work uniform with my name on it. i've kept them in my car even though security could search it. it's not illegal, and it's only as awkward as you make it.

• Like 4
That being said there are things you can do to lower your anxiety over it. Buying them in your scrubs sounds like a good idea! I'd also recommend going to a Walgreens/CVS that you don't normally go to or that is out of the way. There's not really a true pragmatic reason for this, but I've found that if you go somewhere you wouldn't normally shop then I feel more comfortable because I feel that I'm less likely to run into someone I know.

WakkoWannaBe summed things up rather well. You're lucky enough to work in a position where you have scrubs, so if anyone says anything, you could always make up a work-related excuse that no one would doubt.

It really is all in your head. If you make no big deal about it, then it really will be no big deal. If you're acting all nervous or start yammering out some poor excuse then yeah, expect to get a strange look or two.

Ditto the others- you'll get used to it if you do it enough. And the online prices are actually a LOT better for similar products to what you can find at retail B) Plus the selection blows all the retailers away :whistling: I've been buying at retail mostly for about 5 years, and with my 24/7 wear plus being financially limited, that means I'm checking out with diapers (and usually little or nothing else) about every 10-14 days. All I do is scan the parking lot for cars oif people I know, scan the people in the store for the same reason, scan the checkouts as I go by so I'll know which one to head for, then I do the deed. The worst that happens is my having to ask that they bag them sometimes. No problems ;)

I have been buying in public for years and have seen it all. A good trick is to wait for them to open and go in and make a fast purchase. Most drug stores are a ghost town in the first hour open. Another obvious tip is to be observant. Walk around the store & check for people you know. Also observe the check-out line. Waiting in line too long is hazardous becuase anybody could show up. I have had terrible encounters but have also found some amazing stuff. Buying is awsome.

This is a very bad idea since the only diapers you can get at a food store are the really sucky kind. Only buy adult diapers at an actual medical supply store. Either that or buy them online.

Now Brian, he already said he is buying the "sucky" kind, where does it matter where the "sucky" kind are bought, other than the Online part which was specifically stated "cost so much more" Depends are Depends, and all the store brand ones are the same, just relabeled so ehhhh. there it is.

A lot of good advice here. i agree start with going to a store not close to you or anyone you might know. It may make you more comfortable by taking a cart, i know when i started buying regularly in the store, for some reason not holding the package made me feel more comfortable. Perhaps putting other items on top of the diapers to cover them. All this advice however is truly just to make you feel better. No one else cares at all. WalMart, CVS, Walgreens etc etc WANT you to buy them.. that's why they are on the shelf. They could care less whether you are 18 years old or 80 years old. The person behind you in line doesn't know you, and has a whole life full of problems that matter a heck of a lot more to them than your diapers. Not meant to be mean, but honestly you are not that important to anyone else there who doesn't know you.

I don't have much to add. But I can tell you, as a cashier myself what everybody said is true. Honestly we don't pay that much attention. Even if we aren't swamed, even if you are the only person in line, we don't care. We just want to do our jobs and go home. Still, it is hard for me to buy diapers too, but that stems from my own discomfort with having this fetish. It's hard to accept yourself.

My first time buying diapers, I decided to go the "look confident" route. I was already wearing a nice dress and my favorite heels, so I decided to just go shopping in that. I went overboard on the confidence route, started strutting around the store in my heels instead of walking normally, tripped and fell on the floor, with the diapers flying out of my hands. I got a lot of weird looks. So yes, look confident, but skip the heels. No need to make a scene.

I have a question for any one who lacks confidence in buying their diapers. When was the last time you speculated on why the person ahead of you in line was buying whatever they were buying? Maybe I'm off, but I get so wrapped up in my own stuff I never consider it. It's probable that people in your checkout line don't care about your purchase.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk