LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Who tried wearing diapers growing up?

This may be one of those repetedly asked questions.

In fact I may have brought it up before. But I don't remember.

For myself, being a DL since I can remember, I always tried to find an opportunity to find diapers.

Since I was the youngest, there weren't younger siblings still in diapers.

did you ever think about buying yourself some diapers instead of trying to take them.from the church nursery. But I'm glad that you didn't decide to take them from the church nursery and that is what I do whenever I buy myself some nappies I put it inside my underwear like a tampon or like a panty liner

I put on an actual diaper only once as a child (age ten)--one of my brother's prefolds. Other than that, until I started wearing full-time at the age of thirty, I improvised with towels or T-shirts.

• Like 1

I remember improvising with bath towels, etc. to at least get a feeling of bulk and protection.

It felt good to have so much between my legs I had to "toddle" to walk.

Too bad I just didn't get the nerve up and buy them. I was a real insecure kid growing up.

I used to go around town and pick up pop cans to turn them in for the money (Michigan), or cut grass or shovel snow. That was my only allowance and I very often used it to buy my own diapers.

Still, my mom would snoop in my room and throw them out when ever she found them. That always made me upset until I was 16 and used my money to install a lock on my bedroom door. That made them just as mad, but I was happier.

I was diapered til the age of seven and would sneak diapers from daycares church nurseries and relitives from seven until the diapers nolonger fit in my teens then I made my own with tolws and garbage bags.

When I was born my mother and her mother were urinary incontinent. Mom's youngest sister who lived with us, was finishing high school and babysat for my folks had no nighttime control for years and was losing her day control.

My fascination for diapers came when I was around 13, I didn't knew how to explain why, but I felt myself attracted by its texture, volume and the convenience. I was brave enough to ask my mother to buy me some... and she did, she even changed me. I imagine she did this because she missed my time as a baby, since, sometimes, she said “They grow up too fast

So I was a bed wetter until I was ten or maybe eleven. Whenever I could I would wear my Pull-Ups during the day. They were just so comfortable. But my family, mostly my parents, reprimanded me whenever I wore during they day. They are a little closed minded and they were afraid I was going to turn into some kind of "weirdo" with a "weird" fetish. (Big reason why I don't tell them)

Diapers were a bit hard to come by, but I managed to find an old pair of plastic pants when I was about 5 or so and could barely squeeze into them.

It wasn't until I was about 12 or so when I started to fashion diapers out of old towels and plastic pants out of trash bags.

My Mother was very "straight laced" and believed in conformity to the way most parents of the day were.

I could never imagine asking for Pampers. Wearing diapers was for babies I was told and believed at the time.

She would however often threaten go out and buy me Pampers as a way to embarrass me for my nightly bedwetting.

Funny thing is, I think she wanted to diaper me during those times as much as I wanted to wear them.

I mean a wet diaper would of been so much better to wake up to and manage than a cold wet bed.

So I find that times have changed for the better than when I was growing up.

Goodnites and/or Pull-Ups seem to be an accepted way to manage bedwetting issues.

There appears to me that there is far less embarrasment attached to the subject today.

Or maybe I just want to think it's better now than it was for my generation. Not sure...

When you were 12 I was 18, there were vinyl panties, Klienert's made them. They were a soft, nearly opaque milkywhite smooth material. I did not know that there were any actual rubber panties and what they were like then

My fascination came when I was five or six. When my parents would need a babysitter this could would come and place all of us (3 brothers) in diapers if we were getting in their car even though my little brother was the only one who needed diapers. Their daughter also liked to play "house" and "mommy" and would borrow diapers from my brother's diaper bag to diaper me.

I did not have to "try". It was part of being as a little girl in two of the 3 places where I was let to be by arrangement. Since I was and am severely visually impaired I was not let to run with the boys. The more detailed story in in my blog

Now it was customary for girls who did not show that they could hold it COMFORTABLY (reliably and not making a nuisance of herself) for at least two hours to wear diapers on a long trip of more than two hours since, you could not stop the car at a wooded area and let her go up against the nearest tree like with boys. There was another custom that had to do with the Depression and the fact that little girls tended to stay at the house of one of their friends. If two or more girls under 8 who could not hold it comfortably for two hours would be spending the afternoon at one house, they would both be in diapers to cut down on toilet flushing. This would save 25 to 30 gallons in a culture where a $7/mo water bill was intolerable to grownups who live through or grew up during the Great Depression and the average weekly wage was about $35. When I was to be a little girl their mamma was told to treat me "Just like one of your own". Tow of the three places had at loeast one girl who fit the description and since I also fit that description, unitil I was about 8, we would be put in diapers and rubber panties similar to what I have on now.

Also, at one place where I would stay overnight sometimes. The house was one that had not had a toilet as recently as about 5 years prior to my friends' family moving in. So what happened was, the house was "upgraded" to include such. The toilet was put in the cellar. There was no direct access from the living area to the basement so you had to go out the door and around the side to the cellar door, go in, put on the light and do what you had to. Now since one of the girls was a bedwetter and since I could not hold it overnight. It was felt that I should be in diapers like her rather than open the trapdoor to the bedrooms upstairs, put the ladder down and go down it, which would also make noise, out the door and around to the basement at 3:00 AM in pitch dark. In both cases, it would be easier to wash 2,3 or 4 extra diapers, depending on how often I was there and when, than to have the toilet being flushed 2 or 3 extra times or relying on me to go out in pitch dark and find my way to the basement door and the rest