LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pain in penis after Intermittent catheterization.

After my uro visit they have me cathing 3 times a day. But it burns when i pee now. Will this subside? They have me using a 16 fr cath. I wanted a 12. But they said that it would be harder to insert and cause possible damage.

My only cath experience was in the hospital after surgery, and I experienced the same symptoms once they got my digestive and urinary systems "jump-started" and working again. My first self-done pee after they cathed me several times felt like I was passing battery acid, but that didn't last more than a few days and was I ever glad for that! Let your doctor know about this, even if just a phone call, and maybe they will try something different which may reduce the pain :thumbsup:

My penis is sore for a couple hours after removing a catheter and will burn when peeing. This is due to irritation from inserting and removing it- regardless of how much lube I use. If you are catheterizing three times a day then you may just not have enough time in between for that irritation to go down.

For me, it did not really matter what size catheter I had either. The irritation was always there. Eventually my sensitivity became so bad it began hurting when ever I had to put one in. Unfortunately I still have to use them quite often.

If you're in the same wet boat as I am then I'd recommend you seek a different solution. Don't bother with botox though. Even if it does work it will only last three months at best. At worst it will wear off in a month or two like mine did, and leave you with having to catheterize again. Plus, having to get botox surgically implanted every three months for the rest of my life didn't sound very appealing.

Yes I know that painful feeling after being cath'd at the Dr's office. Add to that urge incontinence so it burns like heck when you pee and you have no control when you pee. Ouch. The sharp pain goes away for me after about four hours and I am only a little sore for the next day or two.

Yes I know that painful feeling after being cath'd at the Dr's office. Add to that urge incontinence so it burns like heck when you pee and you have no control when you pee. Ouch. The sharp pain goes away for me after about four hours and I am only a little sore for the next day or two.

Red means they were made of red rubber(medical grade rubber). This has got to be the worst material possible for a catheter.

Just like with tires, they are made out of rubber so they will stick and grab the road. This property is great for tires, but horrible for catheters that need to slip in and out of you. I've found that no amount of lube will coat it 100.0%. There will be spots that will tend to stick and rub. That rubbing will absolutely cause irritation. No wonder you had a hard time with them.