LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Psych says "Sooth yourself with your little kid stuff"

So, I've had depression for nearly 3 years and had to quit my job because of it and am currently unemployed. Lucky I have a supportive family who are helping me. I'm up to my 3rd psychologist but this one is a keeper and am on the meds.

Why do you still have to hide your diapers? As an adult you can make the decision to just start wearing them, and if anyone asks just be honest and tell them they are for coping with your depression. If they don't believe you, understand, or give you a hard time then go back to your psych and see if you can't get an old fashioned excuse note.

Yeah. That's not the only thing I'm told to do. I have to get more active with the fire brigade and my other volunteer things I do. The ABDl side is just to stabalise my mood in a severe down turn.

I'm going to put in my two cents because I've struggled with depression on and off for years.

My little side has been a means to cope since as far as I can remember. My therapist said it's a method of self soothing; i.e. sucking on my fingers, the comfort and security of a padded bottom, or snuggly my bankie. These are all things that soothe a little kid, so naturally they soothe the little in me who needs a bit of TLC when things get rough. This is a heck of a lot healthier than those who opt to self soothe with sex, drugs, alcohol, etc.

Mind you, I'm not bashing the way you lift your spirits. I've been there and I'm sure I'll be there again someday. I'm only offering advice. My suggestion is to explore and develop a few different methods that can help you cope and push through that funky feeling. A big trick I use is self talk. If I just talked to my little side (on my mind of course) as if I had a big, or did things I wanted a big to go for me, then I wouldn't need to fully regress. Another trick is to develop a routine. The best thing you can do for yourself is to get up, get showered and dressed, and make your bed. Keep that as your goal for every day. Also try to let sunlight in or get some outside time. Slowly add new things to your routine until you feel your where you need to be. It's easy to be hard on yourself. But appreciate the things you have accomplished. Learn to take pride in yourself and even the smallest of things.

One fire at a time! You'll get to where you want to be sooner than you realize! Keep your chin up! ;)

• 3 months later...