LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Am I doing something wrong?

Not sure if this has been encountered before, but it seems that every time I go number 2 in my diapees (molicare/abena), it would go over the top of the back of my diaper. Not sure if there's a special procedure when diapering or if the size I'm buying is too small. Any help?

I have had the same problem in the past with diapers that were too tight. I like a tight fitting diaper and my waist size is in between a 36/38 and I found if I wore a size large diaper, I had no problems with poop escaping over the top. I also noticed it happened to me in only a medium sized diaper.

Ah thank you so much for all your replies! I actually have a 36/38 waist and have been wearing mediums this entire time. It might also be the case of tightly diapering and such, but have no idea since I'm always diapering myself. I actually try for the back of my diaper to extend over the waist because that's how babies wear their diapers, but only one time had my mess not travel over the top of my diapers. Should I be trying large diapers? Like I said I have a 36/38 waist, wear xtra large shirts, and am 5'8.

Also is their a technique to use when diapering that will ensure a trough is formed to catch my mess? Lastly if that trough is there will I have a problem wetting my diaper laying down? Haven't had a chance to wear diapers in a while and will be partaking this weekend as my roommates are out of town!

My waist is also a 36. I found a long time ago that mediums just weren't my proper size. Sure I "fit" into them, and those sizing charts said I was in the right range, but I always had problems with leaking.

After switching to larges they felt too big, but I no longer had the same amount of leaking problems. After a while the larges started feeling like the right size after all. Now when I try a medium it feels two sizes too small. I can't believe I ever thought they were the right size.

My waist is also a 36. I found a long time ago that mediums just weren't my proper size. Sure I "fit" into them, and those sizing charts said I was in the right range, but I always had problems with leaking.

After switching to larges they felt too big, but I no longer had the same amount of leaking problems. After a while the larges started feeling like the right size after all. Now when I try a medium it feels two sizes too small. I can't believe I ever thought they were the right size.

Don't forget that each diaper will fit everyone differently. I personally like the Dry 24/7, the fit a little bigger than most any other diaper though so I'd recommend if you get these to buy only one package first. Actually I'd recommend that for trying any new diaper the first time.

I am between diaper sizes. Medium being on the small side and large being too big. With the large I usually can't get a good fit around my legs and get leaks there. Dry 24/7 run larger than other diapers so they fit perfectly. I am approx 5'8" with an approx 36" waist.

• Like 1

I'm having the same issue here for the most part. I'm between a 36/38 in waist size and I'm using bambinos at the moment. I have to take them on to the point of almost ripping the tapes off then duct tape them on so they don't pop off later. Haven't had any leaks so far.

Regardless of the diaper type/manufacturer, you should be able to get a snug fit around your legs. This is probably the most important area to get right, yet can be impossible to do if the diaper you have on has the lower tapes positioned too high. These diapers are mostly for play only and are really hit and miss for actual, long-term use and functionality.

After putting it on, if the tapes extend too far towards the center of the diaper this may also make it impossible to get a snug fit, which will mean you need to go back to mediums. As an example, I'm a 36" waist and when I tape on a Dry 24/7 the tapes extend to about where the leak guards are. This is almost to far, but still works for me. Any farther towards the center and they won't secure around my legs, but over and in front of them, meaning I wouldn't be able to use that size reliably.

Next, the waist band should also be snug, but not tight. A properly fitted diaper will also extend above your waist line and maybe as high as you belly button (though you can always tuck the top part inside some if you're concerned about being spotted with it like that).

The rest is really up to your personal body shape, whether or not you still get leaks, and of course comfort.

Since you only have a couple of samples I'd recommend you take them to their max capacity (usually 6-8 hours of use) then sit down in them for a minute or two. If they don't leak then you have a good and well fitting diaper on. If they do then I'd move on to something better.

Finally got to test the larger sizes and these actually go way beyond my back and front in terms of how far the diaper goes. I think I'm having trouble with the leg gatherings in the back because it seems as if what you predicted came true. Although there's a snug fit all around, I can't seem to get the back leg gathers to fit snugly. Hopefully this doesn't cause any issues and I will report back after!

Edit (update)

So my first large was a Tena slip maxi. It was pretty much a snugfit except for the bum leg gatherings if that's what you call em. I wore then and did number 1 in them and finally had the urge to go number 2 and the mess basically went into the trough mentioned above; however, the leg gatherings weren't on good enough that the mess sorta leaked out at the legs instead of over the back top.... (Good thing I sat on a plastic bag). The larges keep the mess in, but I'm not sure how to diaper up to ensure the back leg gatherings don't give up. I have a bambino large that I'm afraid to try since I would like to try and stay in that one for as long as possible. Currently wearing the rest of my M4s given I probably don't have another mess coming anytime soon. Ate a good dinner last night that I was able to go poopy while sitting down :).

Finally got to test the larger sizes and these actually go way beyond my back and front in terms of how far the diaper goes. I think I'm having trouble with the leg gatherings in the back because it seems as if what you predicted came true. Although there's a snug fit all around, I can't seem to get the back leg gathers to fit snugly. Hopefully this doesn't cause any issues and I will report back after!

Edit (update)

So my first large was a Tena slip maxi. It was pretty much a snugfit except for the bum leg gatherings if that's what you call em. I wore then and did number 1 in them and finally had the urge to go number 2 and the mess basically went into the trough mentioned above; however, the leg gatherings weren't on good enough that the mess sorta leaked out at the legs instead of over the back top.... (Good thing I sat on a plastic bag). The larges keep the mess in, but I'm not sure how to diaper up to ensure the back leg gatherings don't give up. I have a bambino large that I'm afraid to try since I would like to try and stay in that one for as long as possible. Currently wearing the rest of my M4s given I probably don't have another mess coming anytime soon. Ate a good dinner last night that I was able to go poopy while sitting down :).

Hello I have taken all of your suggestions into account, but haven't found a solution yet. Wearing the large

Large slip maxi, I can wet at ease, but I'm just afraid of leaks from going number 2, which is good enough for me since I don't feel a poppy coming! :)

As long as you leg gathers in picture three are snug they will probably be ok. You don't want them to be tight or you'll run into problems with them cutting into your skin, and obviously not too loose either. The leak guards will also help greatly for reducing leaks, or at least they should.

In picture one, the bambino has a great amount of overlap on the sides, but in picture two it doesn't appear to extend up past, and above, your waist line. The top of the diaper should ideally extend up to your belly button, but even with it not, that may not be a problem.

You did mention in your post that you leaked over the top of your diaper. Having them extend up only to your waist is a bad spot due to the natural contour of your back right there, which has a natural concave shape that creates a sort of natural channel there. Having them extend up higher in the back will keep you covered more, and farther.

I would also be a little concerned about the apparent gap you have at the front of your leg gatheres- in picture two. This is the spot notorious for leaking on me, but again, as long as it's working for you then that's good.

At least that's just my two cents worth of opinion.

Ah okay, thank you so much for the suggestions! I'll factor them into the next time I get to wear and such. For now, its back to adult life.

Thanks for all the help Brian! I am thinking about trying the Totaldry XPlus since they should be most similar in fit to the Bambinos. I will most likely try the 24/7s as well sooner or later. I am trying to stay away from abena and molicare because it seems like the padding tends to clump and fall apart after a while of wearing/wetting.