LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Looking for more protection!

Ashy83

Hey I'm 30 years old and suffer from nocturnal enuresis (bedwetting) ... Sometimes the diapers I wear leak at night..I have a pad I sleep on underneath but I'm looking at getting some plastic pants or like a waterproof diaper cover to protect me a little more and help when I'm not at home...any suggestions?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molicare, Wellness or my favorite that is available at a pharmacy near me. prevail extended use brief.

The prevail extended brief hold quite alot with no leaks.

its clothlike with more a cotton fell to the absorbant inner core than the gel type.

sometimes the gel type binches up so perfer the cotton filler of prevail.

Ok now to answer your question about plastic pants. Want durability go with salk. They are 6 for 60.00 at hdis.com. And a cheap liner to help absorb leaks is a pair of cotton briefs. Fruit of the loom seam to have the most coverage.

I would stay away from cloth-like diapers, they do not have enough absorbency for night time wetting, are not water proof on the sides, have a very limited capacity, and often have leaking problems around the legs even when sitting or standing. Obviously, underwear is going to be even worse for absorption so I wouldn't use those either.

Most any disposable diapers will have leaking problems at night too. We can't truly give you a direct answer though, as we first need to know if you are taking in the recommended amount of water during the day (that is, are you a moderate or heavy wetter). Also, do you sleep on your back, stomach, or the side?

For back or side, and heavy wetting, you will need to go with a premium diaper. Molicare Supers, Abena xplus, or dry 24/7 are good bets. Some people also swear by wellness superio or xp aplus l4, But Those Are Hit And Miss.

For side sleeping, which I do, disposables will not be enough, even with moderate wettings. You will seriously need to consider cloth. The leakmaster from adultclothdiapers.com are probably a good pre-fold to get started with.

For diaper covers. The salk is NOT a good one to get. It is a nylon covered plastic with nylon covered elastic bands. When heavily wet on the inside the nylon will wick pee at the legs and waist then spread it out over the outside of the cover. The plastic also tends to harden and crack, especially with repeated exposure to urine.

I would recommend getting the gary activewear PUL pants, which also has the PUL material covering the elastic. Alternatively, you could go with the vinly leakmaster pants, which also has the vinyl covering the elastic. Either of these will dramatically cut down on wicking leaks while laying down.

My experience with Salk "Sani-pants" has been rotten, all began leaking permanently just above the legband stiching after only a few uses. If you need plastic panties get something better ;) Comco, Gary, Leakmaster and many others are highly recommended by regular users here and elsewhere. I can also recommend the doule-leg ones DD himself is selling as far as fit and functionality- I haven't had mine long enough to comment on durability but they do seem like they will be. I alsio like the "Lang" ones sold by EL Lifestyles but they ship slow sometimes as this isn't their main business. Bargain prices usually indicate low quality and in these products you will not get what you don't pay for.

I'm a heavy night-time wetter, and I sleep on my back as well as on my tummy, and I tend to switch back and forth through the night as well, so I've managed to leak in almost every brand of disposable. However, since I started wearing Bambinos with their TotalDry Ultimate Booster, I haven't leaked once, even when it's soaked. I haven't used plastic panties since I started using those. Their Quadro Booster is also quite good and similar in price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Like a terry towel nappy with pins and all? I can't put them on for the life of me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They take a bit of mastering. Why not get some double thickness terry towelling training pants they are brilliant. i got mine from ebay.

I wear Abena M4s all day and night and very rarely have a nighttime leak that gets my bed wet. If I've been drinking a lot of beer, I wear a ComfiCare diaper, which holds nearly twice as much as an Abena M4.

Hey stevewet I had a look on ebay and couldn't see it..can you give me an item number or point me in the right direction please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look them up on Cuddlz Store Ebay shop or just type adult terry towelling training pants in to the search on ebay all catagories. It just goes straight to them. I am of course on the UK ebay.

I hate to say but I have read a lot of posts from bedwetting on Daily Diapers and surprised they haven't posted on here. They say disposables leak out the top and the sides which I have experienced a few times. They also have switched to pin on cloth diapers or cloth diapers that have absorbtion material all the way around the fit of the diaper and use plastic pants and they say they work great. The problem with disposables is the lack of padding on the sides and the gap that you can slide your fingers in between the tapes I've had pee exit the gap between the two tapes. I am not normally a bed wetter but have day time incontinence, but the day I start bed wetting I will invest in some cloth diapers.

Disposables virtually always leak when lying down, either from the top or sides, because an adult's torso is their center of weight, which causes the urine to flow backward and then to either side.

I use the new Northshorecare supreme with a leak master all-in one wrapped over it. keeps the diaper tight and easily catches any side leaks...plus it feels great!

for me cloth diapers and plastic pants are the best at keeping my bed dry been using cloth all my life for bedwetting I never even saw a disposable till I was in my teens

That's when I first saw and had to use them following a referal to the continence nurse by our family Doctor. They were horible poorly fitting things that often leaked and used to bunch up when wet.

• 1 year later...