LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Military (Present & Former)

Opie

US Air Force, 1973-1978 with 1 year working with the Canadian Air Force on the DEW Line above the Arctic Circle. Quite an experience, wouldn't want to do all of it again, especially in the field I was in, but came away a better individual.

I have true admiration for all serving, past, present and future, for what they have given and will give, from themselves and to us all. THANK YOU.

my dad was in the US AIR FORCE from 1951 - 1971 he was a civil engineer and was a veteran of two tours in KOREA and two tours in VIETNAM

i my self too am a veteran of the US AIR FORCE 1982 - 1992 i was a security police for four years and then a crew member (cargo load master ) on

on board a C5-A Galaxy transport jet

• 2 weeks later...

1970-76 US Navy Minesweep Electrician EM3.Bluewater Vietnam Veteran Task Force 78.6 Operation End Sweep Haiphong Harbor Sweep Detail

served on a MSO (ocean minesweeper)

I was lucky enough to have a fairly large ab/dl population around ft. Hood Texas. Blackhawk helicopter crew chief, 11 years active then national guard after that. Shield, storm, opc1&2, jtf6, Bosnia, Somalia, and sitting back expecting the call to Afghanistan one of these days.

• 1 month later...

I don't think this really counts for me. Gonna join the Navy soon, but not yet. Step-father was a Marine, Gunnery Sergent i think. Proud of him. Vietnam(maybe), Guam definitely. Grandfather was a WWII veteran and sad to say i don't know his rank or anything.

To all military people, thank you for doing what you do.

• 2 months later...

Canadian Infantry Officer 1964-1975.

Platoon Commander then Company Commander

it was a wonderful experience and would hope my grandchildren would consider a military career

Jim

Capt RRegtC Ret'd

I don't mean to be disrespectful,but why would you want your grandchildren to consider a military career? I would think you would want them to have a safe career. Going to a warzone and maybe getting killed doesn't sound like it would be something I would want for my family members.

I don't mean to be disrespectful,but why would you want your grandchildren to consider a military career? I would think you would want them to have a safe career. Going to a warzone and maybe getting killed doesn't sound like it would be something I would want for my family members.

No offense taken.

It is difficult to put into words the desire one has to follow a career in the Military. In Canada, with a relatively small standing Force we tend to get highly motivated recruits who, for personal reasons, feel obliged to serve their country. Our Military Colleges (RMC, Royal Roads, College Militaire Royal de St. John) are second to none and our NCO training is world class.

Joining our Armed Forces is an excellent career move with an unlimited chance for promotion if you are willing to work at it. As a young a Platoon Commander who would have thought my Company Commander would become a B. Gen?

My Grandchildren have inherited social responsibilties from our family.

If a Grandchild was posted to a war zone, I will continue to believe the training and skill sets learned will ensure their team will safely complete the assigned mission.

If people like us don't choose to serve - who will?

Jim

If people like us don't choose to serve - who will?

Jim

No one and that is the point. If there wasn't a standing military. Then the president wouldn't have anyone to use to stick our nose in business that we have no business sticking it. We have to stop acting like everyone's big brother. Before you can fix other people's problems. You should start at home and fix the problems here. I know this is totally off the subject of this post. So I'll go vent somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish I could join the US Air-Force, but alas they have not recruited any officers in over two years. In fact, they are not doing any recruiting right now. It is a shame as I have no interest in the other branches. I'm a thinker, not a fighter.

Guest Amphetamenace

Served 4 years in the USAF Auxiliary / Civil Air Patrol.

It's an unpaid volunteer organization that isn't technically military, but it is organized under Title 10 of the US Code (governing the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Reserve Components). My primary duties were assisting with ground and air SAR missions for downed civilian pilots.

I served three years in the USAF Auxilary. So did my ex boyfriend. Its where we met.

Im currently enlisting in active duty air force.

What a small world.

• 3 months later...