LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Active Ultra Review With Photos

• 1 month later...

I just tried these as well and love the faux-velcro. The velcro tabs feel way more secure than traditional tapes I think because the more they're pulled on the more they grip into the front panel. I wish some other brands would do that. I remember posting on ADISC before the Active Ultra existed about how I wish there where some good diapers with velcro fasteners and got a lot of flack about it. That place in general can be a bit hostile and worse sex-negative.

Anyway getting way off topic, I like them a lot. I have only ordered samples but I'm probably going to end up ordering a bag of them.

• 3 months later...

I'm test-driving one of my samples tonight, and so far it's very comfortable, fits very nicely. No issues with the tapes, other than the top tapes kind of lurched back an inch or two on each side, probably because I put it on too tight lying down and it sort of self-corrected.

I'm the wrong person to ask about absorbency, unless something goes disastrously wrong. If it does between now and tomorrow morning, I will certainly let you know. :)

I'm the wrong person to ask about absorbency, unless something goes disastrously wrong. If it does between now and tomorrow morning, I will certainly let you know. :)

Yeah, I'm the same. I've recently come to realize that I apparently don't pee much. Even drinking more than normal to purposely increase urine production I still have trouble even maxing out the tape on Depends, whatever those are being called this week.

Yeah, I'm the same. I've recently come to realize that I apparently don't pee much. Even drinking more than normal to purposely increase urine production I still have trouble even maxing out the tape on Depends, whatever those are being called this week.

Well, I wouldn't quite go that far... I've leaked a Moli Super Plus - but it was unusual circumstances.

That said, I just changed out (something I typically do once I've unloaded a full bladder into my night diaper) and am pretty impressed. The Ultras do not wick particularly well (lying down, pointed down, nothing really made it to the back of the diaper) but it held everything I gave it and showed no signs of failure.

Tapes held up fine too for the several hours I was in it.

Case pricing is a little stiff at Bambino, but they seem to be worth it, when all is said and done.

• 1 month later...

Well I got these on Friday, so have had the weekend to test them. I think their absorbency is good and the fit is great on me with the larges. I just have one problem that is easily fixed though, they just need to use a better adhesive. On all the diapers I have used so far the tab comes apart from the velcro as the adhesive just is not strong enough. So I just put some supper glue and with that it is the best diaper taping system I have used. I love that I can readjust as many times as I need without any problems what so ever. What is nice is as you wear any diaper it will start to stretch, so the velcro allows you to tight it up once it stretches out.

• 4 weeks later...

IF anyone is interested, these are getting hard if not impossible to find because they have been discontinued by the manufacturer....or thats what the message is on the idiaper site :(

*Sigh* another one bites the dust :(

• 4 weeks later...

IF anyone is interested, these are getting hard if not impossible to find because they have been discontinued by the manufacturer....or thats what the message is on the idiaper site :(

*Sigh* another one bites the dust :(

I'm sad this is my favorite brand i liked the velcro tabs of this made it worth it cause i actually felt like i could move around and not worry about the tabs/tapes coming off like all brands i tried before

I checked the site activediaper.com from which i first bought it said they werent taking orders online but to call the number

so does anyone know if they are still selling this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ya I just went to order another package as I am down to my last one of the best fitting diaper for me. I think I am going to try and create a velcro type diaper myself out of a normal tape one. Need to get myself some sticky back velcro and I think I should be good to go.

Though I might try some of the Abri-flex and Medline heavy protection pullups.

Then also to figure out what tape diaper to transform to velcro. I really love the absorbency of Dry 24/7, but it never seems to be that comfortable when I wear it out in public and I think it is just to thick to be worn generally in public. Once I wet it swells up and gives a noticeable bulge in the front. The fit of the Abena M2/M3/M4 diapers never seems to fit right on me. Bambino the sizing wasn't right for me, the mediums if they had more wing length would fit, but the larges are way to big. I know they have changed things though since I tried them probably a year or more ago. Maybe I should give Secure X-Plus another try as it has been a long time since I tried them.

I just remembered also all those diapers seem best when they are not flooded as they have more gel than pulp. So that might be the ticket right there, getting Molicare Super Plus as besides these Active Ultra I found them to be the best for a flood. It can only take one flood and maybe some spurts, but it is very unlikely that a single flood is going to leak on you, which is the most important thing for me as I never seem to be able to just pee in small amounts over a period of time, it always waits a long time to build and then it is a flood when I let go.

This diapers was pretty good, but the problem that I found was that the tape would unstick from the velcro piece with the teeth on it, making the tape pop with no possible way of re-taping it. Perhaps this is one of the reasons that they stopped making it.

-piper

Ya I had that happen, but it was an easy fix by before diapering up I would put a couple staples in each one. It should have been an easy fix to change to another type of adhesive that was stronger. To bad as I have tried almost all the premium diapers and nothing quiet fits the same and also don't absorb the same. It was a very good diaper for flooding, which is what I do as it is just a for fun thing and not a need thing.

• 1 year later...

So... will these diapers be as valuable as the blue taped attends in the near future? Cause I'm starting to think I made a good investment when I bought the remaining pallets :D lol the bad thing. I've lost so much weight that I no longer bedwet so... I may cinsider selling the last xl cases I have that no longet fit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Defender

They work and all, but still look like underwear when on and not like a puffy, baggy baby diaper plus the padding in the back doesn't go all the way up and it's mostly waistband.

• 5 months later...