LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Active Ultra Review With Photos

I have a box at the UPS store, and just get a notice in my box when a large item arrives. I take the notice to the desk and they get my package. Mine were packed in a conventional USPS flat box, no ID outside other than return address etc....No biggie.

I L*O*V*E my UPS box :wub: ....always someone there to sign for stuff and they really don't care what it 'might' be, and I am in there so often, they know me on sight, which again, isn't an issue.

Can anyone that has received a sample and lives in a community that has mail lockers tell me if they received these at their door or in their mail locker?

I got mine at the door... I have lockers as well. Sometimes my USPS guy leaves them right above the locker though, but this one they didn't. Maybe cause it's Priority Mailed.

My samples came today, after I already received my case. :rolleyes: They were delivered by USPS in one of the mailer boxes that's about the size of a reem of paper but a little wider. Two diapers inside which stacked are about the height of the box so the height of a reem of paper. There packaged in a ziploc type bag that fits the two diapers together. Nothing on the package indicated what was inside nor did the return address label. I honestly didn't even know what it was myself since it had been a couple weeks since I ordered the samples so to my surprise it was the diapers. It also came with a two page brochure escentially describing the features and benefits of the diaper.

Basically claims to be the best diaper out there and all concerns diaper wears have had have been addressed with this diaper. Claims the most absorbancy of any diaper on the market!! Only thing I found funny was the "engineered to miimize crinkling and embarrassing noises" statement but they used a plastic cover except for the tape zone. It says it's "cloth like backing" helps eliminate noises. It's not really cloth sooooo??? Anyway, goes on to say the velcro tabs are to also eliminate embarrassing sounds during changing. I don't know, it does sound as the the company really did their research and tried their best to come out with a diaper of all diapers and personally, I think they did!!

I just received my samples of this diaper and I agree with what everyone else has been saying, this is a great diaper! I will order a case as soon as my current stock of diapers is down to a manageable level.

I took some pictures comparing the Bambino Bianco, Secure X-Plus, Active Ultra and Abriform X-plus (They are in that order in the pictures, going left to right in the first two pictures and bottom to top in the other). I hope they help.

PICTURE 1

PICTURE 2

PICTURE 3

The claims about the diaper being pretty quite are true. Probably one of the quietest plastic backed diapers I've worn. They've really done their homework on this one.

Find it funny on the pictures above how the Secures wetness indicator dots are horizontal whereas the Active's are verticle but the look like the same dots???

Must be getting them from the same mfg but using slight variations in materials to make them different.

• Like 1

Bought some samples. Interesting diaper. plastic backed but with Velcro-like tabs and a sticky panel. Kept me dry overnight and into today with little sagging. Pretty Impressive!

• Like 1

Loved the diaper myself. After comparing it with a secure and a bambino in the same size, I'd be shocked if it wasn't made by Secure everything is nearly identical except the backsheet formulation, taping panel composition (dimension and placement are the same) Leak guard height, everything. These had to be made on the same machines.

Now the balling up issue sucks as throwing away a diaper is important to me. Balling it up the same way as a regular diaper is important to me, part of the ritual. I like that you could put one of my used diapers next to a huggies 6 and they would both have that iconic folded up used diaper look. Loosing that kinda hurts! I also want a loud and crinkly diapers (Damn though their plastic is comfortable) and then my other minor minor complaint is that the taping panels need extended (I think this is true for secure and bambino too) On the one hand, I couldn't fit the lower tapes on while putting the diaper on - but I was ablefasten the tapes at the very edge of the bottom and then pull it on like a pullup and it stretched beautifuly and held perfectly - kinda kills changing without taking your pants off but still once it was on it was mondo comfy.

• Like 1

Got them today, but I'm very disappointed. They are great diapers, super thick, unlike anything i've tried before. However they barely can tape up because the landing zone does not wrap completely across the front panel! The first pair i tried on i ripped a tape. the second pair i stretched out the back panel a bit to give the tapes some extra length and they just barely fit. So since the previous pairs tape broke I decided to cut the wings off and use it as a stuffer. I am now wearing a doubled up Active Ultra and can barely walk because of the bulk. I've wet once so far which was a medium sized wetting and these things just soaked it up a I still feel as dry as when I put them on. They would be the perfect diaper for me if the either had a landing zone across the ENTIRE front panel or regular tapes. I'll post up another review after I've tried to get this doubled up monstrosity to it's limit.

If your hips and waist are within the quoted size range for the diapers you bought, I'd be inclined to complain. I guess since the tapes simply don't stick anywhere but the landing zone, getting the right size is extremely important with these diapers.

They're still great though - I just ordered a case (the code is still active <nudge nudge wink wink>).

• Like 2

I got some time yesterday to try this product. Yes the tape area is a bit small but I guess that has to do with my waistline not the product, I’m a 34 waist and wearing a medium. Over all a great diaper with a quitter than most plastic cover. The Velcro tapes make it easy to refasten. I would highly recommend this product.

I got some time yesterday to try this product. Yes the tape area is a bit small but I guess that has to do with my waistline not the product, I’m a 34 waist and wearing a medium. Over all a great diaper with a quitter than most plastic cover. The Velcro tapes make it easy to refasten. I would highly recommend this product.

I wonder if it would be better if they made these diapers with stretch Velcro tapes like how huggies and pampers are made.

• Like 1

I agree that you shouldn't really complain if the tapes don't fit in the tape zone as this is a sizing error on the part of the user more than likely than that of the diaper. By having the tape panel wear it is it allows it to feel snug and tight all around. If you spread it out further into the wings, you won't get the same fit and results as you would as it is now because you'd be wearing it improperly or wearing to small of a size. I get it thought, it may suck for those with larger thighs to not have the sticking it anywhere capability you do with tapes.

• Like 1

The biggest problem is that I ordered and xl, their largest size, as both my hips and waist are with in the measurements. Although I do have large thighs which eats away at the other measurements. I think stretchy tapes would be the best solution to this problem. Now for my review of the doubled up monster. I was time crunched so I measured out water to fill it up since it would taken me well atleast 2 days for me to fill it. I managed to get the diaper to take an astonishing 140 oz of water before I got a little bit of a dribble leak in the usual area. I had to stop at this point because it had swelled so much I was forced to crawl and when I took it off, although I did not weigh it, it had to have weighed close to 15 lbs. Also I had virtually no press out so I think these could have held another small wetting.

• Like 1

Got mine a couple of days ago. Definitely ask for the next largest size...they run way small. Also, as mentioned before, the tapes are less than wonderful. I'm backing mine up with some tape. Absorption is great...if you can get them to stay up.

I've ordered a second set of samples...in a larger size. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

Got mine a couple of days ago. Definitely ask for the next largest size...they run way small. Also, as mentioned before, the tapes are less than wonderful. I'm backing mine up with some tape. Absorption is great...if you can get them to stay up.

I've ordered a second set of samples...in a larger size. Stay tuned.

so if i got lets say, 34 inch waist, and 40 inch hips, i gotta take the large size instead of the medium ? =O

so if i got lets say, 34 inch waist, and 40 inch hips, i gotta take the large size instead of the medium ? =O

Yes - you're always supposed to go with the larger of your waist and hips. Hips size isn't really that big a deal for regular underwear because not many styles of undies go down as far as the hips at the sides but diapers do so if your hips are 40", you need a diaper that can stretch around 40" too.

With most diapers, it doesn't really matter all that much because the tapes stick anywhere on the diaper but with these ones, you have to hit the landing zone or the tape simply will not stick.

• Like 1

I Emailed them about not being able to roll up used diapers and they sent me a video on how to do it and it works!! I don't know how to put the video on this form because its not a youtube video. all you do is close the front wings(flaps) then roll the diaper from back to front(tapes)to the front if you roll it that way when your at the end of the diaper just put the tapes on the cloth like landing zone(done)

I got mine today. I have a 36" waist and 38" at the hips. Everything fits well with a little bit of landing zone to spare with a medium size. I'm even a few pounds over weight, but not too much. So far this is a very good diaper, except the rolling it up dilemma.

Given that You Tube is commonly used to post company videos, I thought I'd take a look. Sure enough:

I haven't yet tried these diapers, but I'm really curious to give them a shot. Although, I'd be hard-pressed to give up my Tena Stretch Supers. I'm wearing one now and I just love them.

-RMS

I don't know how to put the video on this form because its not a youtube video.

Looks like they put it up yesterday - I guess they get asked a lot :P

Not my 'usual way' but hey, I guess it works :)

[eta] beaten to it :P I got distracted watching the Double Rainbow guy on TV :lol: