LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Fresh Out Of The Dryer

O*M*G! Nothing is better :D The feel and smell of fresh cloth diapers out of the laundry......GAWD it's almost orgasmic :blush: I sometimes feel I want to strip and roll in them like a dog :blush: rub them all over me...just so soft and warm....Ohhhhhhhhhh

somebody slap me :screwy:

• Like 1

That is one thing the paper diaper people will never know or understand

• Like 1

In the middle 1980's, Infantae Priess, in one of their publications, wondered if the persons brought up with paper diapers might be aware that they were not getting the complete diaper experience, especially with the use of SAP making diapers much thinner.At that time there were many conversions from paper to cloth, which makes me think that this forum belongs in "Our Lifestyle"

Speaking of Dreft....I L*O*V*E the smell of things washed in that :wub: but, it was also wondering about something I read regarding dreft and other detergents that have perfumes and such in them that mess up the absorbancy and or life of the diaper material. There is another product out called "rockin green' that is supposed to be "better' for cleaning and stripping diapers than the 'normally' available detergents. It doesn't have any perfumes or added 'stuff' that builds up on the fabric this interfering with the materials ability to absorb.

Has anyone else either tried other cleaning agents or heard about this?

Anyone had other success with other "off' brands etc?

not to hijack the thread, but I figure it would hale since this is associated with washing / cleaning cloth diapers :blush:

Speaking of Dreft....I L*O*V*E the smell of things washed in that :wub: but, it was also wondering about something I read regarding dreft and other detergents that have perfumes and such in them that mess up the absorbancy and or life of the diaper material. There is another product out called "rockin green' that is supposed to be "better' for cleaning and stripping diapers than the 'normally' available detergents. It doesn't have any perfumes or added 'stuff' that builds up on the fabric this interfering with the materials ability to absorb.

not to hijack the thread, but I figure it would hale since this is associated with washing / cleaning cloth diapers :blush:

Square Duck and Everyone,

There is no secret that when I was born my Mom and Granny had been washing gauze diapers in Dreft for some time. About 1973, when I was 9, Mom considered me tall and responsible enough I took my turn running loads of gauze diapers through our family Maytag using DREFT.

Since I started reading newsletter supporting incontinent people every so often there are reports that DREFT is going to ruin our cloth diapers. Perhaps because DREFT is a fellow P&G brand along with Pampers, Baby Dry and Luvs, there is just enough suspicion that these reports get spread.

Far be it from me to say the anti-DREFT reports are fiction, but I stack my years of experience washing and wearing gauze and Birdseye diapers in DREFT as solid evidence that product works for me. It is important to use the minimum amout of detergent for a given load. DREFT is formulated containing some borax as bleach. Within reason adding some extra borax can solve certain problems. Cloth diapers do not need to be sparkling white. Probably they absorb better if they become slightly discolored.

Before you rush to accept those off-brands, double check safety claims by those manufacturers. You all realize how long P&G has been making and selling washing products. Do the off-brand manufacturers insist that P&G got to be where they are by being stupid?

My recommendation to to be cautious. If you think DREFT is overly expensive, try using less per load. Do the same with samples of the off-brand products. If you are happy with the cost/benefit ratio of the off-brand, and it causes your skin no problems, then use it.

Meanwhile, I will stick with DREFT.

Dreft has been reccomended for cleaning diapers for ages. Unless they have chaged it, it shoud still be good, Most soaps have been altered over the years for efficiency to get more out of less

It would do them no good to make Dreft harmful to cloth diapers to add to the sales of Pampers, why damage one market to add to the other? All that would happen is that persons would abandon Dreft for some other company's cloth diaper friendly soap since they would stay with cloth diapers and P&G would lose that market outright. Leaving Dreft cloth diaper friendly gives them both markets

Ok, Thank you both Angela and Christine :)

I wasn't 'really' worried, but it was something I had come across in my shopping and reading. I know that Dreft has some perfumes and such, I just wasn't sure how much or if it was something to be concerned about. I know that Dreft has been around for Eons and more, and I adore how it makes things smell :wub: it's almost an aphrodisiac for me :blush: which I guess sounds kind of stupid or sick :blush: but I can't help it, it's part of who I am.

Anyways, I know I can wash my beloved diapers in dreft with out worrying about build up or damage :D Which is C*O*O*L! :thumbsup: and they can have the way awesome smell when dry also.....

Oh be still my heart :blush:

I do not wear mine right out of the dryer since I do full loads. They get folded and put on my diaper shelves

I started using Rocking Green about two months ago and I love it. My diapers no longer have to be stripped once a month like when I was using Dreft. I would recommend you give it a try.

I can't wear mine fresh out of the drier, because currently we don't have one ( well we have it, we just don't have the electricity to run it) so all mine go on the line, year round. However, when they some inside, get fluffed and folded and are clean and soft and oh so fresh smelling I just want to do the same thing as Duck, and roll around naked in em like a dog. Oh what bliss! I haven't used Dreft, but maybe I should give it a whirl! oooooooh i love my diapers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, the other thing, I can't wear my lolidot plastic pants any more cuz they underwent a catastrophic failure... i must get a couple of new pairs, there is something about them that just reminds me of.... um, an earlier time...........

I've been using Dreft for years and have been happy. Since I haven't used other soaps though I can't compare results. I add borax to the wash as well. I thought I'd try Ivory Snow soap, but I haven't been able to find it in a size that would make sense.

Back to the original topic... On occasion I've worn diapers out of the dryer, but mostly they get folded and put on my shelf in the closet. I have been known to press my face into the warm stack of folded diapers on the way to the closet.

CDL

PS - 12 new 44"x44" 4-ply gauze diapers coming my way!!

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Resurrecting a February topic in July when it's 94 degrees in the shade outside.

I really love the smell of fresh sunshine dried diapers off the cloths line.

A final rince with vinegar keeps them super absorbent and soft and the sunshine naturally bleaches out any blemishes.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

• 2 weeks later...