LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

do all factories seem as hopeless as this?

It truly sucks trying to get things improved in this factory, the supervisors seem largely like Manure salesman, they promise improvement, but its all lies and if anything things get worse, I was always pretty much guaranteed 60 hour weeks at least half the time, but then they actually cut overtime back if we finished early and it was through volunteering and luck that I actually got 2 long work weeks, are factories always so hopeless? I feel the only reason they even bother to know names is if they figure you are gonna work there for a while, and never appreciate anybody, I feel it could be 10 years and id still barely be above minimum wage and just be a production worker, its to where I only care enough to show up and work and I feel much different than I was in the first few months working for this factory, now I usually look grumpy and present a "takes no B.S." attitude. I don't know, maybe I just need a longer break from this factory.

So ask yourself: Is this job just a way to earn money or do you deeply desire to stay with this company and move up the promotion ladder knowing that will take years to accomplish? If it's "just a job" then you should find what it is that you really want to do in life and start working toward getting there- use this job as a tool to help you get where you really want to go. If it's a career here that you want, then your current attitude isn't going to get you anywhere and that is what you need to be working on. Without some kind of goal to be going after you're not going to be happy, even if that goal is to just get this work-day over with. You can't get to anywhere until you know where it is that you want to go ;) So what's your goal on life? What are you doing to get there? Are you currently doing what is best to get you there fastest? Are you willing to do whatever is needed to get you where you want to go? :huh: Answer those questions and you'll start doing better- or like me you may discover that you can't stand the rigid structure and you would rather be self-employed :)

It truly sucks trying to get things improved in this factory, the supervisors seem largely like Manure salesman, they promise improvement, but its all lies and if anything things get worse, I was always pretty much guaranteed 60 hour weeks at least half the time, but then they actually cut overtime back if we finished early and it was through volunteering and luck that I actually got 2 long work weeks, are factories always so hopeless? I feel the only reason they even bother to know names is if they figure you are gonna work there for a while, and never appreciate anybody, I feel it could be 10 years and id still barely be above minimum wage and just be a production worker, its to where I only care enough to show up and work and I feel much different than I was in the first few months working for this factory, now I usually look grumpy and present a "takes no B.S." attitude. I don't know, maybe I just need a longer break from this factory.

At $8.75 with limited raises it is NOT a career, don't kid your self on that one. You say you'd be happier not having to work like a slave but your in no hurry to find something better. During the recession this would have been fine, but remember you aren't as young as you were even at the start of our recession some 5-10 years ago (depending on who you ask). If you only maintain you current attitude you will never get to a good spot in life. I'm not saying quit you job and look for a new one, maybe only brush off your resume (you have a resume right), and put it back out there. Start interviewing for something better as they come along instead of waiting for something to come your way.

I know its not likely to last forever at the rate things are going, im just unsure under 2 years total work history will get me very far (it may mean even less at 23 as im sure some 19 year olds have a longer work history than I do), I remember last time I tried looking for work it was terrible, most places would never even give me an interview, and im not in a hurry to go through That again.

That was because of the recession. So many people were out of work that employers had to be really picky who they hired. Not having any past work experience in over a year also hurt people bad too.

We're mostly past that now, and you have work experience now too. The time is right to move on.

And yet that is the path you have to take to get the better job you want :huh: You will discover later in life how important it is to get your career on track as early in life as you can. Very few people become successful with a late start and a history of 'nowhere' jobs behind them. Time is usually a big factor in how far you go in a career so you need to get aligned with that as early as you can ;) Any job (as well as getting it) is essentially doing something you don't want to do. Wouldn't you rather be on a paid vacation for life? I know I would! :lol: so you do what you must whether you like it or not. Sure, sometimes it feels like you're not accomplishing anything but unless your application and face is fresh in their mind, your interview will get lost in the masses.

Same here. My business is one of the first to respond to changes in the economy and the last year has seen so much change for the better that I asked for and got a huge raise that would have gotten me laughed right out of the office just a year ago B) If you're going to jump, now is the time to do it ;)

Getting a decent resume and sending it out to other companies didn't cost you anything but time and effort. Things may not come up right away, but you have a job that pays the bills so no huge rush. In the mean time let it be known at work that you'd like to progress yourself and work your way up, again it wont happen over night but its a potential opportunity.

Going into work grumpy and with a take no bs attitude probably wont help things at all, you need to stand out from the crowds, be the person who get things done promptly and with a smile. Your company arnt going to pay you more or help you to progress if its obvious you don't want to be there.

My last job was only for 2years as it was a crap place to be, even though I didn't like working for them I still put in 110% whilst keeping my eyes open for something better. That's now paid off as something much better came along.

Getting a ne job or improving the one you e got isn't all about experience or time, its more about your attitude. Id often chat to my last boss about potential new recruits, some of them had no experience in this industry at all but they got taken on as they seemed hard workers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I'm not sure if things are gonna be much better, ive been batching material most of the week instead of just feeding a line like usual, its a more important job, and harder to do (the hardest thing for most people would probably be lifting 50 lb bags above their head to move them next to a giant mixer, most jobs consist of moving boxes with 20 lbs of stuff and quite often a lot less), im pretty good at it, but around this place it seems either you have been around for a long time or you haven't, since I haven't (9 months compared to some of these people that have worked for the company as long or longer than some supervisors) I feel im still proving myself every time I get to do something else.

Also they replaced five mixers with two smaller mixers, now they are getting mad that production is barely ahead of what is needed and then they start yelling at me, its not that im not trying, the production workers and machine operators know im always working very hard, I don't even bother to acknowledge if one of the two owners is around, I just glance over once, get busy (although im usually busy anyways, but this room requires preparing stuff and then waiting 30-45 minutes at the short end for material to get ready to put through the next step) and wait until they are watching somebody else.

There might be a slight raise around the corner for a lot of workers as most of us are right at or a quarter above minimum wage and last year anybody working directly for the company instead of through an agency was .75 above minimum wage, for a few weeks I was at a dollar above minimum wage, I know that probably won't happen again as long as minimum wage is going up at the beginning of the year (which I hear is in the works again next year)

Only real positive is its close by to me so its a convenient place to work at, and it takes a lot for somebody to actually get fired (kinda stupid that they allow the people that don't really belong here to screw around and not make numbers for a long time before they replace them, but if that says anything it should mean as long as they can't doubt that im doing good for what they give me, I can't see me getting fired ever)

If it's good for you then you just keep going with it ;) I have several work options open to me, each with benefits, drawbacks, and limitations. I'm currently doing the lowest-paying most limited one because overall it's the best one for me to choose. It doesn't close the door to the other options so nothing is lost here other than the possibilities, which so far haven't panned out for me as well as I wanted them to when I tried them :mellow: Parts of my current job suck hugely, but it keeps the bills paid, I probably won't get fired, and it has some flexability and benefits the other options don't. Do what's best for you, not them but keep them in mind if you plan on hanging around because they will matter too in that case and you'll need what good you can develop there to get what's best for you while you're there B)

I know its not likely to last forever at the rate things are going, im just unsure under 2 years total work history will get me very far (it may mean even less at 23 as im sure some 19 year olds have a longer work history than I do), I remember last time I tried looking for work it was terrible, most places would never even give me an interview, and im not in a hurry to go through That again.

There's a saying employers use that applies here.

"The people you want to hire, are already working."

If you currently hold a job your prospects of getting hired are greatly increased.

I work 7 hour days ( 35 hours a week) and take home almost $1200 NET a week. How? .......the I.B.E.W !!!!! That's how! :D Offhand you might want to look into it, especially as ALL the building trades are experiencing manpower shortages these days. Todays kids don't want to get their hands dirty; they just wanna work in front of a damned laptop screen. The opportunity is there, dude !