LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sissy baby - how did you start?

Becky

• 2 weeks later...

I started by making homemade diapers out of undershirts and garbage bags. But at the same time, I liked wearing my mother's dresses. She's small, so the clothes she had were really little-girlish. Now I can do it up big-time. I make my own cloth diapers and waterproof pants that really work like they should, plus I have a wardrobe of over 70 little girl dresses, skirts, blouses, pinafores...you name it! (See my gallery if you want to know what kind of clothes I like to make). It feels so eerie (in a good way) to be able to dress up just like a three-year-old girl and role play. What a stress-buster!!!

I identify more as a "Little Girl" than a "Sissy" (that word was used against me as an insult too many times for me to embrace it). I've never fully understood why my love of little-girl clothing and paraphernalia always went hand-in-hand with my love of diapers. The best guess I've been able to come up with is that little girl clothing, accessories and toys always seemed over-the-top feminine to me. Feminine to the nth power, you might say--frills, poofy dresses, bright colors like pink and purple, adorable cartoon prints--just cute, cute, cute. (EDIT: in other words, the very things I was shamed out of liking openly as a child). Then we have the ribbons and hair bows....and of course, dolls.

Rachel, I believe that the reason little girl clothes and toys appeal to us is because we see real little girl getting extra-special care and attention. Little girls are more affectionate, so people respond to that. Little boys are expected to be tough and competitive--something some of us find difficult to achieve <raising my hand>. Girls always seem to get more positive attention and for the most part, are better behaved. (Trust me--I've seen the worst with some girls, but they are the exception).

OMG: What you do NOT know about real little girls! It is just that the parameters are different. Ask the praents of a girl sometime. For instance, just because a girl is crying does not necessarily mean she is sad. It could also be because she is very angry. This means that your attempts to soothe her will be seen as demeaning. And you do NOT want to know what girls think of sissies. A little girl has a tone of voice that would cut a T-Rex dead

I'm LG not sissy and I have thought about this subject a lot I think I'm drawn to wearing pink and pretty little dresses because there is very little difference in a man wearing boys clothes and a man wearing a nappy under normal clothing. I have two older sisters and the difference in how we were treated was staggering. If we were going out on a family day out I would be expected to be smart whilst my sisters were expected to be pretty so I would often be dressed in clothes very similar to what I would wear today to be smartly turned out. my sisters would always get new clothes whereas I would get replacement clothes when my were worn out because it seemed that girls required a more extensive wardrobe in order to be girls. I remember many shopping trips where my sisters would come back with new skirts etc and I would not even have been considered for a new purchase or I would get a token toy or something just because my parents had spent money on my sisters.

OMG: What you do NOT know about real little girls! It is just that the parameters are different. Ask the praents of a girl sometime. For instance, just because a girl is crying does not necessarily mean she is sad. It could also be because she is very angry. This means that your attempts to soothe her will be seen as demeaning. And you do NOT want to know what girls think of sissies. A little girl has a tone of voice that would cut a T-Rex dead

I started in nappies then plastic pants. Then like the idea dressing as a babygirl in girly babyish outfits. I know like wearing babyish or womens outfits. I am not sure why I just love to. I have tried to stop like many others but always go back.

To Rachel, it was a general remark. I just noticed it from situations and the kind of crying that tracked the situations. This is true also of little boys (2 to about 5) until they are tuaght to do otherwise. This may have more to do with the frustration aspect of it

Another thing I find a bit strange is that so many persons think that baby girls are somehow "different" in some whay that baby boys (3 and under) I can remmeber things from that age and I have no memory of myself as anything or even of being self-aware other than being aware of what I was doing or feeling at the moment. I was not aware of myself as one or the other until I was about 4 and change. "Boy" or "girl" were just words and the differences were just appearances. Here is a factoid that shows what I mean. I have no memory of this, but I am told I used to call my uncle (the one I grew up with), "mummy". I must infer that this was because he was gentle and affectionate towards me. By the time I was 5, he was my favorite person and whom I wanted to be like as a boy

• 2 weeks later...

I can't point to anything as a kid. When I was young I do remember having mixed feelings about a pair of clear sandals that I considered girly, but they were garbage and I did not have them for long.

When I got sucked into MLP as an adult, I went through an internal crisis. "This show is for girls, pink, rainbows, etc". I developed positive experiences, though, for example buying pony toys on the pink aisle (a thrill at the time). Also bought pony plushies which were pink and purple.

I started taking bigger steps: I bought a pony comforter that was very pink, but sooo cute. It did not match the rest of my bed at all, so I got a pink sheet set to go with it. I think it was at that point that the rest of my inhibitions fell away and I started looking into clothing, etc.

I can't point to anything as a kid. When I was young I do remember having mixed feelings about a pair of clear sandals that I considered girly, but they were garbage and I did not have them for long.

When I got sucked into MLP as an adult, I went through an internal crisis. "This show is for girls, pink, rainbows, etc". I developed positive experiences, though, for example buying pony toys on the pink aisle (a thrill at the time). Also bought pony plushies which were pink and purple.

I started taking bigger steps: I bought a pony comforter that was very pink, but sooo cute. It did not match the rest of my bed at all, so I got a pink sheet set to go with it. I think it was at that point that the rest of my inhibitions fell away and I started looking into clothing, etc.

LG and Sissy are two very different things, both in real life and in our corner of the universe. Here Sissy is a function of BDSM-FemDom, as near as I can figure out. In that context, the "girly" things are more costume and props. IRL it is a boy lacking in "boyihs" attributes and the image defaults to "if not masculine and active, then feminine, defined as passive". For an LG the feminine is very active, not just a lack of certain attributes, but the presence of others. Notice I use "girlish" and not "girly" in my words

Taking up on what Rachel has stated, I followed a somewhat different path as chronicled here

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=273&showentry=1578

The result was non-disociative compartmentalized development of two personalities. However both were, as they say, "OK" in their time, place and context

Of your two categories I would say for me it's more costume and prop. The girly items make me happy. I'm not really playing with the toys as a little girl would... although I have tried to work on the pony manes at times. I hold, hug, or cuddle them sometimes or just enjoy looking at them. I would say it's more of a collection, because the focus is more on which ones I have or need to get (toys and other merch items like socks, cups, comics, etc). It's no longer just limited to pony stuff, though. I have a collection of pink socks I love to wear, and various cute nightgowns and slippers etc.

The primary "toy" for a girl was her doll. I think from what I can glean. for a Sissy it is a prop. For a girl the relationship is more intimate and personal

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=273&showentry=1679

Imagine what it is like to have as a "toy" something that is almost a being like you

This is very different from a psedo-animal. As a girl, I have no interest in plsuhes or "rag dolls". She is recognizable as a person and has a name, either one you give her, which is the first thing I do with a doll, or a "model" name like "Talky Tina" that is generic to all dolls of that kind. There are different size dolls for different purposes. But the idea is the same. The eyes and very human face, and the way that a doll is played with by girls is different from most other girls' toys and any boys toys

By the middle of the last century, most dolls had faces very similar to full human more that the drawn-in faces of earlier times: Similar enough to "lock in" and with a readable expression and each girl had a doll of sufficient size and a generalized or variable posture (unlike toy soldiers or the mannikin tosy boys had) to be a kind of person to her

All of this makes for a more personal and percieved reciprocal interaction with dolls which teaches a more developed personal interactiveness as part gender aquisation (beyond the level of how a 3 year old girl would react) which makes dolls very different from plushies

Whoah! $29.95 for a doll in the 1950s? That's like $350 in 2014, isn't it? I've seen "reborn" dolls go for over a thousand dollars, but they are not made for children to play with. Oh, and Christine, what you said a couple of posts ago about what I don't know about little girls? Just so you know, I raised a foster daughter for twelve years and have worked with very young girls (in an all-girl setting) for 27 years as well as being a camp counselor (all girls once again) for 19 years. I know girls--their behavior, their personalities, their likes and dislikes. (I also majored in psychology and studied child psychology and family psychology for my degree in social work). The latest trend now is to encourage young girls to explore STEM--Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. They need to be cute AND smart nowadays.

My comment "What you do not know..." was an impersonal "your" figure of speech, meaning what most persons who have not seen little girls close up and buy into the stareotype of the overly saccharine little girl, do not know. You were repeating that stereotype without commenting on it. Another untrue stereotype is that feminine is an absence of masculine characteristics rather than a presence of others. I get into that more in the Sissy comments. I found it a bit disconcerting that you did repeat the steretype without comment since you are "one of us". Now I find you have psych credentials to boot? Maybe we know something from the inside that the rest do not

I have a MA in Psychology: 1978 and specific course work in Sex Role Sociology in 1975

Too many girls I knew in real life did try to avoid the "hard stuff", which gave me no end of grief trying to get them "up to speed" to keep up with me, and I still see an appalling passivity and technophobia beased on a feeling of being overwhelmed. However, They always had to be smart but in a specialized way, and they had to learn a technology, but it was specialized toward raising children and not really part of the academic world

At the time $29,99 for a top of the line doll was not out of reach. This was in the middle of the post-war prospeity that made people feel flush. Taxes, housing and energy did not consume as great a part of the paycheck as they do now, particularly taxes. That would be a Christimas present for a Middle Class only child which was not uncommon

Ashtaon-Drake makes thst kind of doll and the price is about $350. You can get a Talky Tina (that is "TINA" not "Tena") for $500

Back in the day "Lay-Away" was common store policy

That price puts it it the same range as a videogame console. Did you ever see the bank of tech in a child's room and what that costs? Who WOULD NOT want to be sent to his room ad punishment. The problem is getting the OUT of the room

Funny you mention this. I do have a bank of consoles with games galore. I actually try and collect what was the more popular games as I think it would be near impossible to collect them all. That said, just last year I got my "newest" system, a PS2. For it, I saved up $75 dollars, and got four games with it. Obviously it was well used. There is no way I'm going to pay $350, or $500 like the truly new PS3 does (with a few games of course). That is just one expense I simply can't justify, especially when I have other bills that are a higher priority.

I thought I was fairly well off and actually middle class, but congratulate you on being so well off your self you can afford stuff like that. I know most everyone deserves it (except the one percent, most of them don't).

Not only what I mentioned earlier but how many middle-class homes had AC in 1961 vs today? We also live in the age when "staycation" is a term for what was the norm in 1961. In 1961 heating oil was about 12 cents/gallon and ONE car was the norm and you could do pretty well that for $2800

The Patti Playpal doll made a splash of some sort because MAD did s spoof of it in '60 or '61 and Sears had their own version by '64. However, I cannot find a year to year model run, only that the Patti was re-issued in '81

Wow, calculating for inflation that 12 cent gas would only be 92 cents today. That very well off $2800 car would only be $21,500 today.

Just more proof how much easier it was to afford things back then. A "well off" car doesn't run for much less than $30k today (I'm figuring all the basics, and a few options as well, but also a vehicle tough enough to last 15+ years). And filling up that tank is around $3.65 at the moment.

Not only that but in 1952 you did not have a "cable bill" and housing was less than 30-33% of your income (30 years ago it was about 25%)

Prices have not inflated equally Look at television prices, you could almost say they have gone down In 1952 a bar of candy cost 5 cents now it's over $1 (It has gotten a bit bigger in some cases) but that is more than 20x. Comic books have gone through the roof. Medical care has gone sky-high with all the routine testing they do for no specific reason, it has just become part of a "physical" for the last 15 years Twice each year i get put through the kind of tests that I would get once every 5 years 25 years ago. 20 years ago, medicine accounted for 1/7th of the economy. Now it is 1/6

Guess what has increased the most

the value of a dollar has shrunken

The answer is taxes

• Like 1