LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Flying While Diapered

hti24

I've never had the opportunity to do this, but I've read on here it's best to be 100% dry when you go through the TSA check to avoid problems. If you start to smell, be sure to change right away.

Have a great time on your padded flight!

DiaperPony's advice is spot on. Unless you have TSA pre-check, where you only have to go through the metal detectors, make sure you have a dry diaper on. I fly diapered virtually every time that I fly, since I wear 24/7...and I fly A LOT. You'll love it. When the captain forgets to turn off the seatbelt sign, worry not. You have a diaper on. When the plane is stuck on the tarmac for a long, delayed taxi, worry not. You have a diaper on. When boarding takes too long, worry not. You have a diaper on. I can't tell you how many times I have been saved by wearing diapers on the plane.

• Like 1

DiaperPony's advice is spot on. Unless you have TSA pre-check, where you only have to go through the metal detectors, make sure you have a dry diaper on. I fly diapered virtually every time that I fly, since I wear 24/7...and I fly A LOT. You'll love it. When the captain forgets to turn off the seatbelt sign, worry not. You have a diaper on. When the plane is stuck on the tarmac for a long, delayed taxi, worry not. You have a diaper on. When boarding takes too long, worry not. You have a diaper on. I can't tell you how many times I have been saved by wearing diapers on the plane.

I love hearing this since a, I too fly a lot, and b, I've decided to start wearing more often. Discovering Tena Slip Maxis has been a watershed for me: they're so discrete I'm not as worried about getting caught (not that I've ever been that worried) but hold so much I'm not as worried about leaks. Any go-to diapers for flying??

I've flown diapered plenty of times, and have even had to go through those scanners with a really wet diaper. Never had any problems. However; I would recommend you have at least a couple of diapers in your carry-on bag. You may need to change just after landing, or worse you could be separated from your luggage.

I've flown diapered plenty of times, and have even had to go through those scanners with a really wet diaper. Never had any problems. However; I would recommend you have at least a couple of diapers in your carry-on bag. You may need to change just after landing, or worse you could be separated from your luggage.

Is there a best brand for flying? I'll have a couple Tena Slip Maxis with me tomorrow.

It really depends on how much you normally drink, how much you flood when you pee, and what kind of diaper works best for you and for how long.

As long as a tena slip maxi normally won't leak on you when sitting down, then you should be ok. Personally- if your worried about leaks then I'd recommend a premium diaper (such as Molicare super, Abena xplus, or Dry 24/7). Kind of late to get a better diaper though, but you may be ok any ways.

I haven't tried those, but I can tell you that the Bambino Classico ought to be more than adequate. I kept mine on for eight, perhaps nine hours.

I've got a couple nine-hour flights next week. I'm wondering if an M4 will last that long, normal wetting assumed ;)

It really depends on how much you normally drink, how much you flood when you pee, and what kind of diaper works best for you and for how long.

As long as a tena slip maxi normally won't leak on you when sitting down, then you should be ok. Personally- if your worried about leaks then I'd recommend a premium diaper (such as Molicare super, Abena xplus, or Dry 24/7). Kind of late to get a better diaper though, but you may be ok any ways.

I'm not TOO worried - but I haven't worn in public all that often and so I'm just a bit paranoid. I've got a couple long flights coming up, so I think I'll bring a few M4s along for the ride. Excited for this.

I'd recommend staying with a brand/style you have experience with wearing before relying on it in public ;) Even premium diapers can leak if they don't fit well and each kind also absorbs differently; some don't like 'flooding' at all but still have a high capacity. Each also gives different 'signals' when you've reached it's limits :mellow: Better to know what to expect than leaking :rolleyes:

How'd it go?

So far, so good! I got diapered at home, then after security found a family washroom, readjusted the tapes, and peed. :) Then I bought a coffee and bottle of water for the flight...so I might have to learn how to change in the air. I feel so naughty right now. ;)

• Like 1

4-1/2 hours isn't bad at all, but the limited absorption capacity of a Tena Slip Maxi is a bit of a let down (at least for me any ways), and especially if you're trying to go a long time and/or not worry about when (not if) they will leak. I'd recommend you out one of your Abena M4's before your next flight. If they fit you right, they will work even better than the Tena's will. Those are the ones you should be flying with.

It's better to wear thicker than you think you need, if you're not sure when you'll be able to change. I had a flight from Detroit to NYC a few years ago, and I had a Bambino on, with a soaker pad insert for extra protection. The flight isn't that long between those two points, but we got stuck on the taxi-way for THREE hours! There was a storm between the 2 cities, and we couldn't take off until it passed. My extra diaper was in my carry-on, stashed overhead. No way to get it out without everyone seeing it was a diaper!

It's better to wear thicker than you think you need, if you're not sure when you'll be able to change. I had a flight from Detroit to NYC a few years ago, and I had a Bambino on, with a soaker pad insert for extra protection. The flight isn't that long between those two points, but we got stuck on the taxi-way for THREE hours! There was a storm between the 2 cities, and we couldn't take off until it passed. My extra diaper was in my carry-on, stashed overhead. No way to get it out without everyone seeing it was a diaper!

I actually just got back from a trip. I had a bunch of diapers still but decided to put them into my checked luggage. OMG, so glad I did. I had a fairly large book on my carry on and it displayed as this long black line on the X-ray. So of course, they want to see what's inside. Can you image if they opened it up and there's all these diapers sitting in there? Some day I might fly padded.

I actually just got back from a trip. I had a bunch of diapers still but decided to put them into my checked luggage. OMG, so glad I did. I had a fairly large book on my carry on and it displayed as this long black line on the X-ray. So of course, they want to see what's inside. Can you image if they opened it up and there's all these diapers sitting in there? Some day I might fly padded.

I can, and have had it happen to me. They open the bag, ignore the diapers for the most part, search for what looked suspicious, and send you on your way. Not a big deal unless you make it into one.

Lol. I got picked in one of those random searches they do. They went through all my bags, lifted up my shirt and checked my waist band. Of course i was wearing a thick diaper. The kid doing the search pulled out a couple of dispers and actialy asked what they were. I just laighed and stated "well its a darn good thing o came early'" i wasnt embarrased, and new one day it would happen. I have been wear for almost 20 years mow and dont care. In fact it made me laugh. In fact i have to fly to florida next week. I can assure you that i will be wearing a dry 24/7.