LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Trying to Convince Husband He Needs to Be Diapered

Nancy2

Excellent advice Rusty.

I would just like to add that a big part may be fear of discovery.

Ensuring a secure place for supplies and disposal may help.

Also, reassurance that you will provide cover to give him time to clean up should anyone come by.

A promise that no one will ever find out, may go a long way.

Nancy

As to forum area, you may get a bit less support under bedwetters than under "incontinence-- medical" or "friends and family", but it is a fine topic in any case. No worries there, DailyDiapers members might like being diapered, but are concerned when a diaper situation makes someone miserable.

Now, I do foresee at least a few more wet sheets in your future, so protect the mattress in any case. Polyurethane or polyester is significantly better than vinyl. When your part of the bed gets wet, others suggest you move to a different sleeping place, and or get your husband to help return the bed to dryness. You can also have him help wash and dry the wet bedclothes. I have polyurethane laminate (PUL) pants from Gary, think they are great plastic pants.

Now, as to getting your partner to wear needed protection...real men keep their beds dry. Now, how that works is up to them, but I my wife has told me that that is the one thing that will make her leave me. You can ask him to sleep on a towel. You can ask him if you and he can talk to the nurse about keeping the bedding dry at night, about protecting it. Point out that you are going to be involved in any case. Serenity brand ladies pee pads are pretty reasonable protection whe held into the crotch with a pair of bicycling shorts. A condom catheter (silicone is best) and a leg bag don't actually require a prescription.

A lot of the issue here is your partner is denying symbols of his mortality. The trouble is, at his age, failing to find the cause is a potentially fatal error. There is also the possibility that his issue is a UTI, and he knows what he did to cause it, and is too embarrassed to admit what happened. I was in those shoes recently. Finally, there are a large number of drugs that mess with urination...especially antidepressants and diuretics.

The key here is you have hit on an extremely sensitive topic, and you need to bring him around to a more pragmatic approach. I think you need to be firm about not trying to sleep in a cold, wet bed. When those miserable beds happen, either change the bed or move to the couch. Then, you need to ask your partner how you and he are going to avoid replays. Be firm about it..you hate wet beds, and that is the most important thing for you...can you ask the doctor or the nurse what to do? Yes, we have just told you the alternatives, but he needs to hear it from someone with some authority..thus the nurse or doctor. Nothing wrong with you asking the doc or nurse how to deal with the issue either. Oh, and the matter-of-fact approach from the professional will also help soothe his wounded pride.

Be flexible, be humorous, there are at least nine good ways to skin this cat, and not all of them involve diapers. And good luck!

It's really interesting to understand how people who do not have a diaper fetish feel about being diapered "like a baby". It's as if they have graduated past incontinence and they are never going back. They feel like their high school diploma is being taken from them. In their minds, it's sort of like being tortured to wear a diaper or "dignity pants".

You could approach this with "disposable throw away underwear" which in conjunction with a mattress pad could eliminate most of the problem. Good luck and please don't use the "D" word anymore.