LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pushing the pee out, bad?

Everything is about conditioning. In the beginning if the only way you can pee is by initially pushing, I would say to do it. However while doing it it is extremely important to always be mentally reinforcing relaxation, comfort, calmness, etc while doing it so that over time your body will become more accustom to peeing in that position and therefor you will not need to push at hard. And eventually you will pee without needing to push at all.

Uh, pushing is bad. Really bad. First, it absolutely will increase the strength of your muscle. Second, It will also start inducing your bladder to contract while still under pressure and will likely lead to urge incontinence.

Unless you want urge incontinence then I suggest you concentrate on relaxing to pee. Do this enough and you will eventually induce a more natural functional incontinence.

Uh, pushing is bad. Really bad. First, it absolutely will increase the strength of your muscle. Second, It will also start inducing your bladder to contract while still under pressure and will likely lead to urge incontinence.

Unless you want urge incontinence then I suggest you concentrate on relaxing to pee. Do this enough and you will eventually induce a more natural functional incontinence.

I just did, but to elaborate further. Pushing to pee will quite literally train your bladder to begin contracting even when your sphincter is still closed. Over time this will become automatic and more pronounced. This is literally what urge incontinence is. It is also painful- I should know at least that part. Trust me, you do not want to be urge incontinent.

If you need to know more about relaxing leading to functional incontinence then please read the 12 month program.

That parts that confuse me are, according to the 12 month program, to never hold it in, at all. If I'm laying down and just relax, my bladder will fill up. The only way to not hold whatsoever is to push. So it seems either way is going to strengthen the bladder (maybe not the same muscle, but still).

That parts that confuse me are, according to the 12 month program, to never hold it in, at all. If I'm laying down and just relax, my bladder will fill up. The only way to not hold whatsoever is to push. So it seems either way is going to strengthen the bladder (maybe not the same muscle, but still).

No you don't want to push- ever. Your difficulty peeing while laying down is because of your ingrained potty training. At first it will take a lot of concentration to overcome and relax enough to pee while laying down. Eventually it will become easier, but that's why this is a 12 month program. It just takes that long to get and stay relaxed all of the time.

So do you think it's mostly a mental block? I have the same problems with peeing while lying down, sitting in the car etc. I wear diapers all the time, but the situation never seems to improve.

Pushing or clenching or straining is just going to strengthen the muscles, just like others here have said. It's just like flexing any other muscle in your body. It might damage it EVER SO SLIGHTLY, but it will be repaired stronger...just like building up your biceps and triceps with weights. It's always seemed to me that continence is much like a bicycle. You'll always remember how to ride it, no matter how much you try to push it to the back of ur mind. UNLESS you were to override that with a tool...such as a catheter or soemthing :\

• 2 weeks later...

I think you can lessen your control gradually if you are willing to wear nappies all the time and just let go whenever you feel the need to pee all the time. I am incontinent but have deliberately made things a lot worse as once I decided to start wearing nappies 24/7 I just let it flow as and when without any effort on my part. I had some control when I started wearing nappies but now have virtually non. I have tried occasionally trying to hold it but can't now for more than a few seconds.