LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When poor parents can't afford diapers

This might sound harsh.....but if you cannot afford to have children then DON'T!!

• Like 1

Giving money to beggers only enables them to continue on begging. It also solidifies societies view that poor people shouldn't worry about the financial impact their actions today may have.

exactly what i was thinking when laundering cloth diapers if you don't have acess to a washer and drier. that statement just told me that they don't want diapers for their kids to badly.

I may be just as harsh in saying this but I absolutely agree. Giving money to beggers only enables them to continue on begging. It also solidifies societies view that poor people shouldn't worry about the financial impact their actions today may have.

Fyi, I was on the street for about a week and a half once. I slept in my car and busted my a$$ off working as day labor. I didn't need to beg to turn my life around and neither does anyone else, they only think they do so please stop enabling them.

Ugh, I find it so sad and just because someone cannot afford diapers does not mean they were always in that position. Maybe they had a higher income and then something happened and their income dropped and now they are poor. I am grateful I used cloth and doing the math, I saw it was cheaper to wash them than it is to use a diaper service and buying disposables. People need to stop ASSuming someone was already in that position when they had kids. How do you know they didn't fall on hard times after they were born? Also how are they going to afford to buy cloth if they are too poor to buy disposables? I wouldn't have a problem giving away my kids cloth diapers to someone in need.

I dealt with a home-ec social worker, in her late 30's, in 1988, in RI who said she was appalled at those on subsidy using throw-away diapers because of the expense and her tone of voice showed she was incensed

Charity is EXACTLY why the continent of Africa is the way it is today... massive poverty, starvation, disease and overpopulation. It's an extreme case, sure, but serves as a good example. If you want to help a group of people, help them learn to fend for themselves... just giving them food, shelter, medicine teaches them nothing and allows the continuation of habits that put them in the situation to start with.

• Like 3

I find it stunning that a group of people who would be villified for their personal hobbies as wasetful as well as perverted, who would stand a high likelihood of losing their jobs, family, friends, and even spouses if they were exposed, can muster so little empathy.

Gee aren't you sooooo much BETTER than us to look down your nose at us?

Go run your guilt trip on someone else

And what is more judgemental and cliched than shouting "shame!" at others while complaining about them having principles and judgements?

That kind of cheap, moral feel-up has been going on since before I was born

• Like 2

So one Mom in Georgia gets caught stealing $300 worth of groceries and instead of arresting her, the officer buys her $100 of groceries and tells her about where to go for help with food and this guy here gets sentenced to trying to rob someone for money to get diapers. Our country makes no sense.

Might as well add a few thoughts...

1. Condoms are 99% affective, are free at health clinics, and are easy, but a lot of immigrants and people in bad situations do not know that.

2. They also do not know that vasectomies and tube tying is free if elected by people in need.

This is not their fault, which is why education is so important regarding reproductive health for those at risk. They simply do not know their options that we quote easily.

I truly feel we need to help those in need, but responsibly with an expectation of effort on that recipient. You never know how that will go. I have one family in my parish that works extremely hard. They will always be impoverished. They are from Eritrea and have just welcomed their 8th child. Affordable housing given fire codes is nigh impossible for them but they work hard and stick together as a family.

Meanwhile this single mom from Eritrea has gotten it in her head that someone will always bail her out of trouble and does not seem to want to work or put forth effort. We have been pushing her for the sake of they two children to work and become self sufficient...

We simply cannot ignore this problem, judge them, or blame them. No one wanted to be in that situation. I am not saying throw good money after bad because that is irresponsible, but perhaps volunteer when you can and donate to food banks :).

We never know when it might be us in line at one...

Just a thought

Spargano