LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

need more absorbancy

i usually wear a xl4 or l4 abena and lately the last 2 weeks have been exceeding their capacity while i sleep i wet heavily. and am thinking of switching to cloth i used to have some but they got thrown out years ago by mistake. what are some good brands these days? i think i need to just wear cloth to bed and leave my disposables for daytime useage ore if there are any dispoasables more absorbant?

Abena Boosters work well also, but a bit pricey. I have some bambino quatros that are amazing as well....almost a diaper unto themselves.

As for your question about good qualuty cloth diapers, try the twill ones from either Rearz or get the same thing from changing times diaper company and or baby_pants

the twill ones are 4x10x4 and very soft. They are in the middle between gauze and Birdseye in softness and durability and absorbency. I have a few and think they are wonderful :D

You might also consider limiting fluid intake also before bed, that should help with working within the capacity of the Abenas. I wear those also (M-4's) and it took me quite a while to fill one up to capacity, so this is quite amazing for an L-4 to have happen.

As a note, I had a lot of juice and coffee before a road trip back from San Jose in a car pool. The Abena I had on worked well for the whole trip back (5+ hours) and then longer as we stopped at a friends place to work on his water heater. Yes it was soaked beyond reason when I finally got home, but never leaked :blush:

Truly an amazing product :thumbsup:

my problem is im a flooder so i end up overwhelming them. i am not opposed to cloth the laundry to me inst that big of a deal. as it is using 2 abenas a night is hurting the wallet. lol

In my particular situation, Tena Serenity ladie's pee pads (ultimate or ultimate overnight absorbency) work well and can be picked up in my local chain drug stores, which makes them more convenient (for me, YMMV!) than the super high quality stuff available on-line.

I am in the same situation. I pee quite often and flood at the same time. Plus I'm a side sleeper too. I used to wear abena xplus l4, but they would always leak. Adding a booster only helped a little, but nowhere near enough. I've been using cloth with pul pants for a while now and they perform much better. You may need to do the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Until saturated, cloth handles floods better than disposables. If you can deal with the bulk at night, weat a cloth diaper and plastic panties over the Abena. If you flood they will catch it, if not they're good-to-go for the next night :) Yes, diapering has costs and there is no way around that. The cost is going to equal your rate of wetting, whether in cheap or premium disposables or with cloth diapers :rolleyes: The main variables in your control are how often you will need to change, how big the chunks of money you spend are going to be, and when the latter happens. Calculated annually, the costs will be about the same no matter how you approach it.

I also hear baby diapers make good boosters? I haven't tried them myself.

Even if you don't switch to cloth, you might want some plastic or rubber pants for extra protection, unless you use them already.

I have tried the #6 baby diapers as boosters. They work well during the day for me although I prefer the pull up ones. I usually wear two of the pull ups under a high capacity thin diaper with polyurethane pants and boxer briefs over all. That way when the inner pull up gets wet I can just tear the seams apart. Then the regular diaper is still there in a REAL emergency.

• 2 weeks later...