LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Daddies wee wee bags

So far my kids (4,3 and 18 months) have become aware of and discuss wee wee bags. So far not one of them says anything about me changing a pad/diaper.

I suspect I will not have any issues discussing my incontinece with my boys as they already know the 'doctor had said daddy must use' for his poorly bladder.

Have any of you gone through this?

What have the kids said? Is there a difference between catheter bags and diapers from ankids perspective? Are my kids gonna think I'm disgusting when they get older?

IMO, if you stigmatize the kids to think that diapers are for babies, then yes they will have issues with you wearing them. On the other hand, if you raise them as adults in the making, with respect and honesty, then they won't have any issues. If you send your kids to school, they will have to deal with other kids that are stigmatized, but a well informed child can overcome peer pressure.

• Like 1

I grew up around special needs kids because I went to a school for kids with developmental delays and then I was in a special class when I was six and seven so I did get to see a few kids who wore diapers. I guess that beat the stigma for me growing up and it is a lot easier as a child to easily adjust to a change. I was eight when I discovered kids can wear diapers to bed for bed wetting. So that was something new I learned about diapers. I don't recall ever hearing only babies wear diapers but I noticed they all wore them and so did younger children. I also learned when I was eight astronauts wore diapers. That's how easily kids learn and adjust.

All very true that if you make a big deal out of it so will they. They are still very young an don't really know any difference.

Your both right, a well educated child will have an open mind to all the things other people have to deal with.

Spokane, have you just had a child? Do you think it will cause you any concerns that you wear?

Use the opportunity to have a wider discussion about medical challenges, personal privacy, and empathy for people who have significant barriers.

My wife and I raised three children, now adults, and I wore a diaper to bed every night nearly their whole life.

I now have three young adults going about their own lives with a very strong appreciation of how lucky they are to have excellent health, and how much harder people with disability have to work.

My eldest daughter now works as a caregiver for people with serious disability, and my son does volunteer work for respite care.

Personal contact with disability one of the best ways to grow caring empathic citizens.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Some 7 years ago my step daughter died, leaving us with two grandkids to raise. The oldest has left now but the youngest is still home (now 14). One day he asked why there were so many adult diapers around. Just told him the truth, I have MS and then the wife took over and explained about the incon. to him. Nothing more has ever been said about it.