LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

IBS...ugh

Sometimes I wonder if it would just be better to wear diapers. The IBS goes through phases. Sometimes the feces is firm and I get a decent warning. Other times I'm lucky if I get a 5 minute warning. When it comes out, it comes out with force and causes water to splash all over my bum, inside the bowl and out the back onto the lid... Sometimes I'm lucky if I make it somewhere with a toilet. The only thing I know of that causes problems for sure are tomatoes and chunks of tomatoes. There's one problem with the diaper solution though. I could not deal with the clean up. Having urinary incontinence wouldn't bother me since it is easy to clean up. Any thoughts or opinions?

I too suffer from ibs and a few things are a no go unless a toilet is in close reach. Eggs, beer, roast chicken, roast pork, weird things just get me.

I remember turfing my wife of the loo before after a roast chicken dinner! Funny.

Also different diets, for me on holiday there is something in the diet or water in Europe, I filled my diaper twice and you just have to grab a shower straight after, the loo was about 100yrds from the tent and I just didn't stand a chance. And for the first time ever heard a guy in the shower and the indisputable noise of 4 sticky tapes being torn open, I wasn't alone.

As I see it, which is worse- doing a diaper change and clean-up after a problem or having the same problem without a diaper to help contain it? Pleasant or not sometimes we have a need that doesn't give us good choices so we just make the best one we can and go on. I have both a bad back and digestive issues which don't like having my lower torso constricted with my back brace, but when my back goes our or I need that brace I don't really have a choice- it's suffer one way or another so I just try to avoid needing my brace as much as I can. Similarly I don't always need diapers but it's better to have them on than not when I get surprised by my body so I wear them and go on with life.

Like many with IBS I really hate it. Most days for me are not to bad, maybe a 2 to 5 min. warning, But I do not work and do not travel to often as stress means more problems. Then there is the days I love, oh I need to go to the bathroom, oh I can wait..... I hope. Then there is the bad days, Between 10 to 50 a year, Oh I have to go now, oh crap run for the bathroom while taking pants down and hope to make it.... No I do not make it always and having to wear diapers on those days it is both way not making it and filling it, others are cleaning a bathroom..

If it's not too much like diarrhea and I'm paying attention then I can have as much as a 20-30 minute warning. If it is, or if I'm physically working and moving around a lot then that warning can be as little as 2 minutes. Once my warning time is up I start getting cramps in my lower abdomen and I can feel the pressure in my back side starts building. This pressure can quickly turn painful and forceful enough that I can't hold it tight any longer. This can be for up to another 2 minutes, then it gets too much to hold back it all gets let loose rather I like it to or not.

I have had an IBS type problem (I say it like that because I have never had it diagnosed) and its the constant up and downs that get me one day you have a normal day next day your stuck to the toilet all day. I recently had a relapse with my disability condition (nerve related) which has caused me to experience less and less feelings of needing to go so bad days are a lot worse then ever and even good days are resembling the bad days of old.

• 4 weeks later...

clean up isn't that bad once you get used to it. it takes practice and a bit of nerve if it's a crowded bathroom though. I used to be terrified of changing in a public restroom, but when your an hour away from home you usually don't have much of a choice if you need to salvage your day.

We all get pains with age (arthritis, muscle and joint pain from overwork, etc) but not inside the thorax. If you feel pain there then something is wrong. What feels like indigestion can be heart problems; what feels like constipation can be colon cancer. If you can't identify and rectify pain in the thorax quickly with OTC Meds then you need to get your hide to the doctor to find out what's going on <_<