LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do We Need A Wiki

DailyDi

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need to start a new ABDL Wiki?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  2. 2. Should this be part of DD or a seperate Domain?

• Part of DailyDiapers
    • A New Site
    • Other
  3. 3. If started, would you contribue time and information tot he Wiki?

• Yes
    • No

I think wikipedias page about us is pretty good.

Superficially, perhaps. There are two papers (from the same facility) that describe infantilism as a type of pedophilia. They are cited in that one article a dozen times. That particular fringe theory from Blanchard is mentioned in three places.

References to the theory in the Wikipedia article needed to be weasel-worded to make them more obscure, while still promoting the sources. Before WLU got involved, Blanchard and Cantor were not cited in the infantilism article. This _was_ in compliance with Wikipedia's fringe theories policy.

I don't know if WLU works for Blanchard. He got involved in the article initially, and has stayed involved this time, after Blanchard- or Cantor- related debates elsewhere. Most recently, it seems due to my August 2011 involvement in a debate against James Cantor's motion to delete the gynephilia article in favor of the article on Blanchard's auto-gynephilia theory. Cantor works for or with Blanchard at CAMH. ( Infantilism as auto-pedophilia is a fringe spinoff of Blanchard's auto-gynephilia theory, also called "erotic target location errors.")

Currently, Wikipedia is the dominant source promoting this spinoff: No respectable academic who doesn't work for Blanchard does. Of course, the article doesn't _appear_ self-serving.

Now back to our debate about why we might consider starting a Wiki and why I love MLP so much...

If such a Wiki were to be made, then I hope that contributors would require verification before edits/posts could be made (or be a registered member of DD).

If we leave it open for anyone to edit (like most wiki's are) then it would be vandalized and abused more times than one could possibly count. The AB/DL community is already hated enough as it is.

I for one dont think its a good idea. There is already enough out there for abdls, creating a wiki that anyone can adjust is inviting arseholes to come along and just plaster pedo's across the pages. Also do we really need such a resource, DD and a few other sites already have plenty on the subject.

not a good idea in my opinion.

cheers

Fozzy
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I think the wiki would be a great idea even if just for diaper or various product information articles, with associated tags (for example, tags about whether they are still being manufactured). With the current list, entries can be added but not edited. The talk page could contain personal reviews.

I'm firmly against pre-approval moderation because that would produce an edit backlog and would discourage editing. Those that don't understand wikis are fearful of free editing, but that is the powerful feature that encourages people to contribute (Wikipedia's "be bold", etc). However, I agree with restricting edits to DD members. That way, abusive editors (etc) can be dealt with. Also, using the DD login/registration process which is separate from the wiki would discourage spammers.

For me to contribute, the license would need to be such that the info would remain freely available to copy, etc, and unable to be sold. I would be extremely upset if someday the wiki info we all worked hard to build was sold to the highest bidder.

I voted on this thing quite awhile ago, but I also said on another thread even further in the past that we need a standard, easily read, written document that dispels all bad rumors. There is no better standard these days than a wiki page. I think we should make a grand attempt to explain everyone's perspectives and interests as well as a more detailed and correct psychological and sentience understanding of these desires and possibly experiences. I also envision it as a great resource for any fellow diaper wearers seeking reviews and information regarding products and services.

I hope the wiki page accumulates to a great size, and I would be more than willing to assist when I have the time available.

I created a quick AB/DL wiki on Wikia, but have not yet added any content. Wikia uses the CC-BY-SA license (Creative Commons Attribution + ShareAlike), which seems fair. It requires credit be given if the material is copied, but allows commercial use and derivative works (so that way DD could import it in the future, if that is what is wanted). Note that Wikipedia uses the same license, so existing Wikipedia pages can be copied in if desired, as a starting point (with attribution). Here is the link: http://abdl.wikia.com/wiki/AB/DL_Wiki

Is there anything that's holding you back from starting it? Since you plan on making it ad-free and with a free license, I'd be willing to donate my time to get it set it up, if that'd be useful to you.

Time and money. Have decided it would be best to put it on its own domain so it can be PG-rated and teen/family friendly, but my paypal account is empty at the moment since I can't take donations that way any more. Then I'll get my tech guy to install the software and hopefully others will help fill it in with articles.

• 4 weeks later...

I honestly think the existing wiki is quite adequate, much as we may not appreciate it being described as a condition or mental disorder, the medical community likes labelling things and the definition is accurate.

The wiki also clearly states that ab/dl is different from paedophilia and that most of us neither need or want any form of treatment.

As I see it there is no need make another here or anywhere else, much as your aims are lordable I think that to all intents and purposes what you are trying to make already exists

I honestly think the existing wiki is quite adequate... The wiki also clearly states that ab/dl is different from paedophilia....

Only superficially.

Cantor, Blanchard, and Barbaree state "[Freund and Blanchard] interpreted infantilism as an erotic target location error for persons whose erotic target is children, that is, infantilism as an autoerotic form of pedophilia." (pg 531). This source is cited TEN TIMES in the Wikipedia article. It has one page on infantilism, using the term "infantilism" five times.

Blanchard's (and Freund's) theory (that infantilism is a type of pedophilia) is represented (or misrepresented) in three places in the Wikipedia article, including its own section. Freund and Blanchard's article listed diaper-related cases as mostly pedophiles and a few masochists. It did not use the term "infantilism" or any established synonym.

The text supported by these sources waffled from infantilism being a form of pedophilia to infantilism NOT being a form of pedophilia in December 2011 to avoid removal. The fringe theory doesn't have the independent support necessary for inclusion. Both of the above were written by Blanchard et al, and so are not independent.

There is only one active editor seeking to promote these sources and that theory (even if it means misrepresenting them). Since only two active editors are involved, the status quot will likely persist until others get involved.

• 8 months later...

Over the posts here, there are many equally good reasons for having a wiki page, but can I ask the question why? Why do we need one. Wiki has an adequate one, and for further information, a google search can find many sites including this one.

I don't think you have much to worry about. There doesn't seem to be much excitement for a wiki, so even if one was started, there'd probably be few contributions and the whole thing would become stale and forgotten.

I think a wiki could still be very useful to th community in some non-traditional ways, though: Listing products, product photos, reviews, places to buy adult diapers online, etc. I found this site because of the diaper list.

• 6 months later...

I think a wiki would be a really great idea, And I think starting it off on this site would be the best way to do it. I like the idea regarding a review panel of about 10 members of this site. I really think this is a great idea and I think we as a community should really start working on it. There's so much people don't understand about us. And there's also so much that I didn't understand about us until I found this site and its forms. I thought that these feelings were wrong and now I know they are not. So I think a wiki would be a great way to get back to our ever-expanding community.