LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Advice for Newbs:

DailyDi

Being a D/L myself, and, like many here having lived through younger life as such, I can offer a few tidbits to any newbies willing to listen...but first you have to ....listen! :P

1) first off...Know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Been there done that, and thought I was the only one and was qwazy blah blah blah...Look at the membership of this site alone and you'll see that there are at least 23,000 others like you all around the WORLD, so you can forget being alone in your interests, there are thousands like you all over. :thumbsup: when I learned this I was in shock for 3 days....and felt such elation that I wasn't a nut case :screwy: and it changed my life.

2) Relax...forget all the drivel you were told that "only babies wear diapers" and Dicpers are 'bad' or what not...Diapers are just different underwear with a purpose...and thats it. So they are bulkier and covered with plastic or a that funky 'cloth like' outer shell...they are still underwear because they go UNDER your regular clothing....so that should settle that.

3) Behave yourself and be respectful of others, we are all pretty much the same.....really! So don't troll for ladies looking for a girlfriend or such....even thought they are out there and do exist, no they are NOT just waiting for you to show up! So just hang back, chill...post in the forum and get to know people in the forums and chat room..yo can make a heck of a lot of friends by just being friendly :) trolls are generally frowned upon, and end up being ignored and or Banned....which would suck.

4) Try to have fun :D preferably not at someone else's expense though :P we all wear the same underwear, though for different reasons... it's nothing really 'special'....just different. your not weird or strange or wacko (unless you choose to be so)

5) Use common sense: we get all sorts of questions and posts here about everything, so if you have a burning question that you think is 'unique' it probably isn't. just browse the forums with key words and you will most likely find what you are looking for. many of the older members here have made thousands of posts, so more then likely you will find what you are looking to answer with out to much trouble. ;)

6) Relax, have fun, learn and maybe make some new friends. DD isn't the only site around, so check links and look around, you will find a LOT of stuff out there regarding this 'thing' we do....and the more you search and find, the better you feel about yourself. Which takes me to the last part.

7) Accept yourself as you are, you more then likely have gone through a few 'Binge and Purge cycles' and feel confused and disgusted with yourself, then guilty that you tossed everything out, only to go and get more etc. It's a cycle that you can't get rid of, but can control, but it takes time and awareness and a relaxed mindset. The more you accept yourself the less the binge and purge cycles will bother you. You recognize it when it happens and can do smething about it. Self acceptance is one of the biggest things most of us here have had to deal with, but once over that hump...you get a better perspective and can deal with other things a lot better....

Accept it and get over it and move on. this 'thing' is part of you, and is pretty harmless, though there are those whom will make you think you are committing the greatest sin in the universe..but you aren't. It's a diaper....get used to it, and move on. Wearing isn't a crime. if it were, the jails would be full of children, bedwetters and incontinent people! :P

Hope this helps a bit! :D

• Like 3

6) Relax, have fun, learn and maybe make some new friends. DD isn't the only site around, so check links and look around, you will find a LOT of stuff out there regarding this 'thing' we do....and the more you search and find, the better you feel about yourself. Which takes me to the last part.

So we're our own little " Cosa Nostra". Awsesome. Love it.
  • 2 months later...

Before you register, look around. The constant "delete my account" whining is getting sickening

• Like 1

or too many rubber panties

Make your name understandable and apprpriate to a person

Keep single names to a reasionable length. Something like Mommysrubberpantybabygirl: Eeek!!. if the name is long, divided it up. Can you imagine christinedaryleanne? Ewww! Avoid something that is all initials lik mdrpbg28. Make your name pronounceable: gmmwdrpbg for "glenda michelle mommy's wet diaper and rubber panty baby girl" will twist a tongue into a mobius strip. Think "lossy=lousey"

Before you register, look around. The constant "delete my account" whining is getting sickening

It's surprising the number of folk on many sites that don't when it is available.

• 4 months later...

Before you even THINK of mentioning ANYTHING of a sexual nature, take ACTIVE steps to make certain it will be WELCOME by the person you are proposing it to. BE 100% CERTAIN IT IS WELCOME. If you are not, then do not. Make it a rule that if you do not see it SPECIFICALLY all right on their "About Me", then DO NOT

My only real advise is to find out who you are. Once you know that AB/DL is part of you 100%, then be open about it. you do not need to advertise, but hiding and suppressing are dangerous to your health and mental well being. Let some friends know, and if you can, dont hide it, expecally in your own home, it makes life feel like a prision and iingrains in your mind that what you are doing is bad. It is not!

• 3 months later...

If I may throw in my 2¢, my advice would be for those who usually join chatrooms with those who are online at that moment (which is perfectly fine) but please, for the love of all that is good, do not think that just because someone gives you a single compliment about such and such, they want to know you're entire life story and a picture of every single one of your 10,000 stuffed animals. I speak from experience, because people generally don't want every detail of you within the first 10 minute of meeting you.

Also, always be respectful and make it a 2-sided conversation, not just you speaking non-stop and never hearing from the other.

This advice can be applied through all things in life, even outside of diaper-related topics and such.