LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cystoscopy

So i have received a date now from the urologist it will be in a couple of weeks.

I was just wondering if any of you have experience of this procedure, i am guessing some of you will,any way does it hurt whilst lt's being done? i know it states that i will get a local anesthetic and it wont but i was told that about a biopsy i had done on my spine, and that was agonizing !

Maly.

I have also had the procedure. Beforehand, I was terrified; but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. The doctor views the inside of your bladder on a TV screen, which I could also see. It was kind of interesting. The discomfort level was moderate, not extreme.

When I had mine done, the discomfort was fairly minimal. Several minutes before starting, the nurse squeezed some lidocaine jelly into the urethra. That numbed things up so there wasn't any significant pain during the procedure; just some pressue as the doctor worked the scope through the prostate and the sphincters. The scope is a fiber optic device, not the old stainless steel tube they used to use.

One thing I'd recommend watching out for is a UTI afterward. Both times I had procedures done, I got a UTI within a few days after it was done.

Thanks for your feed back guys, i am still feeling apprehensive, It is booked for the 12th April, But it does't sound as painful as i thought it might be.

Thanks.

Maly.

I've had one done too. Dr. also used a fiber optic lead only about the size of a 10fr. He too used lidocane first so my discomfort was very minimal, especially when compared to the constant catheterizing I have to endure.

I have had it done several times. It's uncomfortable but much less so than dental work. The comparison with inserting a catheter is useful in my opinion.

My urologist uses a version that's probably on the order of a 20 Fr. It allows him to take biopsies by inserting a "grabber" through the cystoscope. So if he sees something of interest, he doesn't have to pull out the scope and insert a different one. Instead he just leaves it in place and inserts a "grabber".

Even getting the biobsy done inside my bladder was ok. Slight increase in discomfort, but minimally so.

Now the cauterizing of the location of the biopsy was a whole different story. Terms like "electro torture" come to mind.

But again, back to the original thread: the scoping was a piece of cake. Get it done. If you have a med fetush you'll even enjoy it.

I just had one done on Friday my doc shoots Lidocaine jell into my penis and urethra lets it numb up then sends the camera in and every once in a while i felt a slight pressure but i have had lots of scopes and they don't really hurt or freak me out.Just relax trust your Doctor and think about something less anxiety provoking while its being done and you will find its over before you know it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well had it done, Waited nearly two hours passed my appointment time( due to an emergency) fair enough, but that meant they where running late, so when it was my turn the urologist said he was going to inject some pain numbing gel but as soon as he had done that he shoved the dam cystascope straight up there!!! it hurt like hell and i was swearing and shouting for him to stop but he just carried on! I have lodged a complaint against the guy and i will definitely not be seen by him again.

Maly.

When they did something similar to my best friend, the doctor said "This might hurt a little". My friend said "If it hurts me it's going to hurt you". When the doctor didn't stop when told to, my friend punched both of his front teeth out- :rolleyes: They got along fine after a couple months went by and the doctor got reoplacement teeth screwed in :lol: Seems that the doctor didn't really understand that the level of pain felt could be excruciating for some people (as I was to later discover when being cathed after surgery myself). The doctor did finally find the problem and got it fixed for my friend- his urethra was 3 times as long as it is supposed to be, twisted and kinked- so my friend gained continence for what was left of his life.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep had this done as well. It is uncomfortable but not exactly painful, just relax and go with it. I had a cyst shaved off the sphincter at the opening of my bladder it has left me urinary incontinent which is no big deal for me. I can't use catheters as I leak around them. Anyway, you should be fine it is about the size of a 10-12 fr catheter which is easily inserted. let us know how you get on.

Had 3 of these done and no pain at all. It's not that bad at all only thing you will feel is a little pressure as the scope passes through the prostate other than that that's it

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...