LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Catheters

Anyone here ever use a catheter to loose control of their bladder? I was reading a post on here one day about becoming as close to incontence using a catheter when I got up my wife started reading it. She likes the idea but I'm hesitant of doing it. Any suggestions if I do use a catheter? I know every place says drink plenty of fluid and cranberry juice to keep uti's away. The post I was reading was talking about never getting a uti due to the way the catheter is. Though sometimes people are biased when they are the ones doing the stuff. Looking for honesty about using them and the issues. I've watched many videos on inserting one for a guy. Don't look hard to do just have to keep everything clean and sterile.

I use catheters a lot. Worked my way up to a 30Fr. Thats wonderful your wife supports that very lucky. There are lots of post in the incontinence forum and also on Fetlife.com. You do want to start slow with small size and be very very clean. Takes a few to get use to it. Foley catheters are more acceptable for uti. I use a valve on my catheter so when I cant be in a diaper I just shut it off :) the catheter by itself is almost its own fetish. Anyways enjoy be safe and sterile

• Like 1

Hi

for more than a year I use catheter size 16fr.

14fr leaked.

I feel it only for some minutes after inserting.

drinking a lot helps not getting UTI and the odor is very low.

using catheter with diaper is just great !!!

your wife can try also, for her inserting is very short.

Enjoy.

I ordered 2 of them. I got 16fr that is what was recommended on the post. I got the hole cut okay just took my time doing it with a leather hole punch that I was able to flame treat to sterilize. I put the lube in like the videos I watched showed for the cath to go in easy but wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. It stung a little bit and

Some people are just more sensitive in their urethra than others. Just use a LOT of lube and work it in slowly. You will also get to a point where it resists going in any further. This is you sphincter, which is to be expected. Just keep working it in till you get it.

Just get an empty syringe and fill with sterile KY jelly. Works great.

Oh corse you young guys are going be erect anyway so why not go with riflemanjon suggestion

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It is very mind opening to me. I've had the modified cath in for just over 1.5 hours now. It's gotten to the point that I can't feel it anymore. I have a new respect for people who truly have to wear diapers due to issues. I'm wearing an abena m4 and it is pretty wet already. I sneezed and even though my bladder is draining it felt like a lot of urine came out.

It was actually very educational for me. Went through 4 abena M4's by noon. I had to remove it at that time as I was starting to have slight discomfort and I didn't want to have any problems. When I was 13 I had to have a cath for almost 4 months due to a dirt bike accident. I remember hating them so much. Had a few UTI's and

...Honestly though I thought the M4 would last longer then a few hours before having to change. Even with drinking more water and cranberry juice. I didn't go overboard on drinking. Would hate to be the folks that think depends are the best out there.

Know of any place to order the dry 24/7 that is cheap. Cheapest place I found them so far is on Amazon. Been wanting to try some to see how they feel. Been reading good reviews about them. Only complaints is they are thick that I have read but I also read the M4's was to thick to hide but I have been out in public with them on and my wife says she really can't tell I'm wearing them other then it gives me a butt.

• 1 year later...

I tried this a while back and I wouldn't recommend it. I was able to get everything for free by contacting companies for samples (since buying them required a prescription which I obviously didn't have). It was quite nerve-wracking at first, and it took a few tries before I even got the cath past the prostate (where the resistance begins). You really have to relax yourself when going those last couple of inches.

The experience was never like wearing a diaper. The experience was always one unease rather than relaxation. Combined it never worked out to cause loss of control, since the catheter kept slipping around. Also, those things damage the urethra and can cause abrasion that then fuses on itself and narrows the urethra. Given how much it moves around I gave up trying to walk around with it inserted. One time blood started coming out and it took hours before the urine became normal colored again.

I've stopped for good, and in all I perhaps did around 60 catheter insertions total over a year period (I kept a log to try to figure out what worked and didn't). It was interesting and an exercise in breaking through what for me was a very unsettling thing to do. I just worry that I might have cause some damage.

Some tips I remember: lubrication is important and using an eye-dropper syringe with large opening to put lubricant (e.g. K-Y jelly) down the urethra a little bit before inserting the catheter does wonders for a smooth insertion all the way down. Another thing, when removing the catheter be sure that the emptying end is *not* closed, otherwise there will be suction at the openings at the tip which will grab the urethral wall and hurt like hell (and possibly damage it). And for those talking of putting a hole in the side, be sure it's very smooth to the touch otherwise you'll be damaging your urethral wall as it scrapes past. As for hygiene, urinate a bit before inserting as that helps clean the urethra out. Obviously clean surfaces near the opening and your hands, catheter, etc. before as well.

I care 5 X 's a day , I can cath myself faster than my urologist or his nurses, as he says though 5 X 's a day for the last eight years I should be able to do it hanging from the ceiling like a bat.

If you have trouble getting in remember to always cath lying down ,it removes the s curve out of your urethra, also if you have trouble with your prostate get a coude cath this has a special tip , just find the raised dot on the end of the cath it tells you how you twist it to get least resistance. Also for beginners Do Not Get a Large Ballon 30 cc will be about the size of a plumb whereas the 5 cc will be about the size of a grape.

If you have never done this before get some intermittent disposables that you can practice with, it will get you comfortable with the technique only difference is no Ballon to retain it , try inserting one 2 or 3 times a day for a week this will prep you and the urethra and get you comfortable with doing it, I also recommend that your intermittent be hydrophilic it will be slicker than snot right out of the package, when you go to use KY again it will feel like rubber cement.

The silver coated silicone is the best for long term retaining the silicone heats up to body temp and becomes very flexible while the silver coating prevents encrustation and infection. DO NOT USE A 12 FR that is pediatric and will be to small and cause some discomfort because it rattles around in there 14 FR or 16 or 18 is what you want to start with and what's used most often for surgery insertions , there is a big difference when you go above a 24 FR and aside from stretching yourself out there is no real benefit to going bigger and anything above an 18 FR is today considered to be barbaric in the medical community, they used to slam a huge one right in when you needed it however very few situations actually derive any therapeutic value ( of course intimidation by a crazy nurse is always possible because a 30 FR is like a telephone pole up little junior).

Never inflate your Ballon with air use saline and do not overfill, over filling is reserved for retrieval should the valve be stuck you can blow the thing up and remove it that way. Clean the glans well with iodine, wear gloves and if you lubricate the first inch of the catheter ( don't worry the standard length is 16 inches) it will slide in easily , when removing the cath from the package sometimes it helps you control the cath by wrapping thru your fingers for better grip, insert until it can not go any further in this will make sure it's totally in and after Ballon inflation give it a gentle tug to get it seated in its normal position, it is fairly common for the Ballon to cause occasional bladder spasm ( it will literally be trying to force the Ballon out)

Most important of the whole thing is be calm and enjoy, if anyone has any questions or I can help you find something from products to knowledge just ask .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 6 years later...

Egosan maximum has great capacity when using catheter. Thickness and bulk are huge and very satisfying

$4 per diaper is expensive. Anybody know of a cheaper vendor for Egosan?

I’m at a 18fr foley working way up to a 24fr or 25

need a slight loop at the pee hole if pulled down too far it shuts off the flow.

also when changing diapers dip outlet in alcohol to kill bacteria

Forgot to mention when changing diaper  use antibacterial foam to clean the glans and tube area as well as outlet of catheter With alcohol