LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stent information, new technique, thoughts

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer to use narrowings in the tube rather than bulbs behind the sphincters.

Narrowings at the exact point of the sphincter will also keep the tube in place as the tissue of the sphincter is tighter than the rest of the urethra.

Narrowings cause lower pressure than bulbs and therefor the stent is more comfortable to wear.

If applied in soft plastic narrowings tend to make the tube more flexible allowing it to adapt easier to the shape of the urethra.

post-16230-0-83303600-1407498077_thumb.j

post-16230-0-83303600-1407498077_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

You might also try over a red-hot electric stove element. That way, you could carefully adjust how near you get the tubing without quite so much uncertainty as you have with a flame. I've used a similar technique to melt rope ends without lighting them on fire.

• 2 months later...

CmdrToast. A quick dip in boiling water will not produce sterile results.

I suggest cold chemical sterilization. Make a 10% bleach solution and immerse the device in it. Store in a sealed container so the chlorine gas does not escape.

One minute will be enough for sterility, just rinse well with clean water before use

The solution is reusable for quite a long time and when you feel like replacing it, you can use the old for some other cleaning.

Edit: Sorry missed the soaking in alcohol part. It's already sterile.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Well... i made myself a stent with the 2 hollow beads inside, but i did not manage to insert it. It's an 18ch cath with 2 beds about the same circumference as the cath inside (looks pretty much the same as the pic in the first post).

I've been trying to do this new design, but I can't seem to get the air line to stretch enough to pull it over the ferrules. It gets nice and soft in the almost boiling water, but I don't seem to get it quite right.

Could you maybe post a link to the air line you used, and a pic of the forceps you used? I'm thinking it is possible I have the wrong type or air line and maybe I need different forceps.

Thanks for the great invention, I can't wait to get mine finished!

http://www.amazon.com/HTS-161S2-Straight-Curved-Hemostat/dp/B000W1Y9YU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420943311&sr=8-1&keywords=forceps

slide the ferrules over the forceps while heating both in water. Then slide and twist the airline over both while twisting the airline around and over the frist ferrule. Positing the first ferrule, slide the tubing off, add the second ferrule and repeat.

http://www.amazon.com/HTS-161S2-Straight-Curved-Hemostat/dp/B000W1Y9YU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420943311&sr=8-1&keywords=forceps

slide the ferrules over the forceps while heating both in water. Then slide and twist the airline over both while twisting the airline around and over the frist ferrule. Positing the first ferrule, slide the tubing off, add the second ferrule and repeat.

Thank-you for the link and the advice, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm so excited!

I guess i need to strech the urethra exit a bit more before it'll go in or am i doing something wrong?

I've found that using the right lube can make all the difference in how comfortable it is to insert. Spend the $10 and buy the Muko jelly, you'll be glad you did. I bought the box of individual packets as that way every time I have a sterile lube. And as mentioned in other threads, it *IS* possible to use too much lube. Using the packets is great - there's almost no way to use too much as one packet will be exactly the right amount to coat the insertion length.

OK,some email's have come in with additional questions so here are a few more photos and hopefully answers to those questions.

>First is a second view of the length, see photo 1027.

>In image 1025 you are looking at end or cap. Normally a pull cord would be attached however at this time I'm

I'm guessing you managed to get the ferrules inside the tube but not in yourself? Yes?? Are you using a vinyl push tube? I found something like a sound did not work for me.

Suggestions would be to try to pee and or exhale as you push in place.

The recommended ferrules is the A2 size. They do offer an A1 but it maybe too small to stay in place.