LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is the ABDL lifestyle, fetish whatever more popular than we actually think?

I think there are quite a few about,yes. I think the number that would be surprising would be non-ABDL age players. I suspect there are a LOT of those - many more than society would care to admit.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear in mind also that there are still folks who aren't online and think they may be the only one with their fetish.

Good point I thought I put that in my post but didn't I did mention that if one was able to get names of all the people from online ABDL sites and rule out multiple accounts you would find the number of us online. But there is quite a few ABDLs not online. I was one of them for the longest time.

You just need to take into account that only a small percentage of any given community are active online. There are ABDL folks out there that lead very busy lives. They are lucky to dip up every few weeks, let alone make friends here.

This is actually my first time ever joining an online community, let alone posting. I'm a dl that has "lurked" for years. I've only told one person about what I like. I think that this is something more people are interested in than anyone could estimate due to the stigma alone.

This is the first website I've ever joined as well. Thought I was alone in late 90's early 2000s when I got the courage to buy some diapers from the drug store. Then started finding videos on YouTube, then started ordering from bambino, then found this Website. ( Not an AB just a DL)

which is why I mentioned a credible character who happens to be AB but remains a solid believable and non-psychopathic character. The AB side can be a relatively minor part of the story. It is about presenting and normalising ABs in the world even if just through fiction.

In many countries (but alas, not Australia!) a wide array of adult diapers are available everywhere.

I was recently pleasently surprised when I walked into my local pharmacy (a Discount Drug Store), and found them selling not only Depends briefs (which themselves aren't that common in brick-and-mortar stores), but also Molicares and Tena Slips. Granted, they only had 1 package each of the latter two, and only in Large, but still, not what I'd expect from an Aussie pharmacy, especially one in a small-ish place like Cairns.

It is a question we would all like to know the answer to and yet one we probably never will or certainly not in our lifetime. The only real way to find out would be from a very large properly run survey on behaviours that actually asked leading questions. I cant see that happening and certainly cant see anyone asking the AB question or for that matter, even knowing HOW to ask it reliably

Rosalie:

I'd like to get the decimal point in the right place -- noticing, of course, that counting how many "gay" people there are is difficult precisely because, simplistically, heterosexual shades into bisexual, shades into homosexual.

It is always going to be difficult/impossible to get accurate figures. For starters, how do you define AB or DL with any precision? Even homosexuality is technically defined by the sexual PREFERENCE for men. You can be gay and not have gay sex. Likewise, one could be AB and not wear diapers. Do we use terms that imply PREFERENCE or terms that imply actions?

I think a survey could get reasonably accurate numbers if it asked about behaviors, rather than attitudes, and dealt with the overwhelming sampling bias inherent in an ABDL website -- and probably also from asking a particular age cohort, because attitudes amongst the younger generation have changed substantially.

I think the problem you will run into is that of sample size. To be of any value it has to be large enough so that the inherently small numbers of AB/DL can be accurately represented and wide enough in age and gender to capture everyone. it would therefore need around 10,000 respondents and to be as random as possible. Even then, the probably ABDL outcome is ~10.

Rosalie, when sampling for leprechauns and unicorns in a large population, it's not the sample size that matters so much as finding enough leprechauns or unicorns so that the random variations in the leprechauns are small enough.

I have noticed, in the kink community, a growing number of littles in the past 7 years that I've been involved with it. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the ABDL population is growing, as well. Actually in the past 7 years that I've identified as both "kink" and "ABDL" I've been a pretty active lurker of DD, but have only gotten a forum account within the past week. I'm sure there are plenty of other ABDLs who keep a removed presence from the rest of the community.