LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has anyone considered using Botox treatment for an Over Active Bladder. :o

As far as I am aware this treatment is so new that very few people have had it done so far in the U.K.

It is apparently well tested in the U.S and I believe has produced promising results ?

Have any of you had this treatment, and if so how was it and does it still work?

Has anyone considered using Botox treatment for an Over Active Bladder. :o

As far as I am aware this treatment is so new that very few people have had it done so far in the U.K.

It is apparently well tested in the U.S and I believe has produced promising results ?

Have any of you had this treatment, and if so how was it and does it still work?

No but I did some research and it is used for all manner of things. I wrote a story about it. It would be temporary, it will last between 2-6 months. Temporary-permanent incontinence.

No but I did some research and it is used for all manner of things. I wrote a story about it. It would be temporary, it will last between 2-6 months. Temporary-permanent incontinence.

Hi Botox

Thanks for the information :)

I am a little unclear as to what you mean by Temporary-permanent incontinence ?

Do I take it that you are then Incontinent with no control because your muscles are paralysed :badmood:

Hi Botox

Do I take it that you are then Incontinent with no control because your muscles are paralysed :badmood:

I say temporary-permanent as a play on words. The incontinence induced by injections of botox into the sphincter of the bladder would be temporary in that botox is not a permanent treatment but it would be more than what we generally consider temporary. It is not reversible and requires time to wear off. Therefore, you'd be permanently incontinent for the long, temporary length of time the botox was effective.

It is a story line I researched extensively many years ago. I suspect that many advances in both delivery and predicted duration have been learned/refined in that time.

Another item I researched a bit is a shunt that has a check valve. It is very small and implanted into the bladder neck at the site of the sphincter. It operates as a pressure relief valve. It was experimental when I looked into it and was a valve adapted from a pediatric application. Specifically, it was for patients that due to injury or situation, could not urinate normally. The bladder was locked closed requiring catheterization.

The idea behind it was that the bladder would fill as normal to a pre-set pressure and then it would open and drain then close and cycle again. If the pressure used was too low, it would dump on the patient without a full bladder feeling. Wetting accidents without warning. True incontinence. Reversal of this procedure is more complicated than the botox injection and more likely to result in permanent incontinence even after removal due to possible damage to the tissue.

Nothing against what anyone's tried to give Nappyloon to assist, but if I remember correctly reading that thread, he had a botox method performed to INDUCE incontinence, not prevent it.

I found this link for ya that hopefully will give you a bit of hope regarding a botox treatment to reduce the OAB and inco that comes with it. http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/4-7-2004-52663.asp

http://www.augs.org/files/public/2004_Non-...esentations.pdf

the above link also shows successful research in botox treatment to resolve OAB. It's contained in the very first study #61.

The aforementioned thread addressed a gentleman's desire to become incontinent and went down the road to cause such.

Hope this helps some.

Thank you BOTOX sounds like another blind alley for OAB sufferers :badmood:

Who knows what the future may hold (or not, if your talking about my bladder!)

it may not be it is said to stop the action that casues the over actinve bladder from working by numing the musicle action it has to be repeated sevearl time before it become permanate in nature

the risk is the opeation even if done in the office will make matter worst

What you might want to consider is an interstim neurostimular devise. I have one for my neurogenic bladder it hasn't elminated my incontinence but it has elimiated my need to catheterize. But I have a patient wheo have them for OAB and they say's it works wonders. It produces a small electrical current to stimulate the bladder muscles either to contract, like mine don't or to inhibit and over active bladder from contracting. The inplantation is not fun but once it's in they work quite well and only require a minor surgery for batter replacement every 7 years, and the occasional adjustment with a remote control. Just a though I'm not sure if the procedure is approved for that application in the UK, but it's worth a check.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Botox

Hi, the result from a treatment for incontinence with botox injections will not render you incontinent but rather not incontinent. Otherwise that sort of treatment would be a waste.

It is used as treatment for reflex incontinence, or overactive bladder, where the bladderwall contracts in spasms without your controll. The contractions are like muscle contractions, so if you can numb the wall so it doesnt contract as heavily you can decrease the number of incontinence incidents or the amount of lost urine caused by these spasms.

It is not a cure but it will for a while help reduce the number of accidents caused by bladderwall contractions.

Since the treatment is to inject poison into you, and since it only works for a period of time, it is usually not the first treatment that will be tried.

Hi, the result from a treatment for incontinence with botox injections will not render you incontinent but rather not incontinent. Otherwise that sort of treatment would be a waste.

It is used as treatment for reflex incontinence, or overactive bladder, where the bladderwall contracts in spasms without your controll. The contractions are like muscle contractions, so if you can numb the wall so it doesnt contract as heavily you can decrease the number of incontinence incidents or the amount of lost urine caused by these spasms.

It is not a cure but it will for a while help reduce the number of accidents caused by bladderwall contractions.

Since the treatment is to inject poison into you, and since it only works for a period of time, it is usually not the first treatment that will be tried.

Of course this all depends on you using it as intended. If injected in the sphincter instead of the bladder wall, the sphincter would be helpless and paralyzed with no ability to hold back urine. There are cases of it being used in this manner to relieve patients that have a sphincter that is stuck closed and would have to cath to keep from causing kidney damage.

I'm a 23 y/o disabled veteran with bladder/bowel incontinence from a gunshot wound to the lower back. I've got an interstim device, and have also had 3 botox injections. To clear things up a little, botox is a fat injection. It's not supposed to numb any muscles. It's supposed to provide more support for the muslces to push. If your sphincter doesn't close all the way, its supposed to reinforce the area around the sphincter so it can hold tighter. The botox injections seem to help with leakage for about three or four months. The interstim has been plagued with problems and pain from the beginning. It helps decrease the frequency of my incont. episodes but is almost more trouble than its worth. The spot where the electrode lead was placed keeps swelling up and oozing serum. The large spot where the internal box was implanted sticks out a little and is easy to bump against. After the final implantation, my control unit had to be taken out and cleaned because it was malfunctioning. I had to be hospitalized for two days at a time for each leg of the surgery. A total of four visits. The only good part of being in the hospital is the morphine and nurses changing my diapers. Especially the really cute nurses.

You wrote:

>>I'm a 23 y/o disabled veteran with bladder/bowel incontinence from a gunshot wound to the lower back. I've got an interstim device, and have also had 3 botox injections. To clear things up a little, botox is a fat injection. It's not supposed to numb any muscles<<

I would never go out of my way to argue with a disabled vet, since I'm a vet myself, and therefore feel

a special kinship to all vets, disabled or not. However, Botox is NOT a fat injection. Just go to Botox.com

for all the info on the topic. I believe what you're talking about is collagen injections, which are used for

incontinence treatments. Again, for info on that, just google the phrase "collagen injection incontinence"

and you'll find a ton of info.

-Diapered and wet- (again!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...