LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Medical Conditions Or Illnesses

I have been reading lots recently and chatting to lots of other AB's and DL's and something seems to have came up more than most other topics.

Medical Illnesses or Problems.

I understand people in this community having conditions which cause them to wear diapers and therefore become more involved in the lifestyle as some way of coping. but i am talking more about conditions which are unrelated to wearing diapers,

So i must ask does anyone else think the AB or DL lifestyle is a good way of coping with a medical problem.

I am Diabetic, i suffer from Insipidus (have a problem in my brain causing me to have great problems controling my body temperature), i also have a mild sleep dissorder.

Non of these conditions can be cured all are lifetime conditions (for now with current medical technology) but wearing diapers makes me feel more secure and helps me feel better about myself which in turn allows me to cope better with my medical problems.

Would love to hear if anyone else feels wearing diapers helps or doesn't with there medical problems.

The short list of my ailments: 1- Depression, 2- OAB/SI/UI, 3- Smoker's cough :rolleyes:

1- Yes, diapers help me feel good about myself. I am doing what I like and they offer safety from the issues brought on by 2.

2- the obvious answer is yes- diapers means dry pants, which also helps with 1 :angel_not:

3- Well what can I say- I do need to quit smoking same as anyone else :blush: but diapers help here as coughing sometimes equals a spurt from my bladder :o

Perhaps diapers should be recommended as an aid to curing all illnesses :lol:

Bettypooh

Depression, incontinence, meniere's disease and undiagnosed neurological problems.

The wetting is too obvious so I'll address the others:

1) Depression - Diapers and "play time" definitely help me when I am depressed. I am able to put myself in a happy place by becoming my younger self in my mind with the help of diapers and sippy cups in the real world.

2) I get dizzy to the point of having trouble walking sometimes; and also find my wetting gets worse due to my head being so overstimulated that I miss signals to go.

3) Nerve problems - beginning to have trouble with movement and verbal ticks. Stress makes them worse, which brings us back to #1 :)

Physcial illnesses:

1.) Diabetes

2.) Hypogonadotropinhypogonadism

Both cause many other underlying symptoms

Psychological:

- Though I suffered from depression when I was younger, I may have bouts now, I don't consider myself depressed.

- For the most part I rather not know so I can live in my happy little delusion that I'm not f***ed up. ;)

- possibly bpd or even DID, not really sure, however being a magnet for insane people has to come from somewhere.

From a psychological standpoint I am sure diapers help as a stress/coping mechanism. As far as a physiological, it is more a hindrance as treating the diabetes causes stomach problems and until I switch my meds, I don't wish to partake in 'baking brownies' while wearing. I just find em comfortable and they have become part of who i am, though not a neccessity.

I to am also diabetic,and i have nerve damage to te bladder leaving me incontinent,so yes having a diaper on heps me cope with my situation,as not only dse it mean that i dont have wet trousers,but it also means that i dont have a wetbed come the morning.

And if i did not have my diaper i would not be able to go out and about the way i do,to be totaly honest if i did not have my iapers,then i wuld not be able to lead the sort o life that i do just now.

ab has nothing to do with my medical conditions whether im wearing a diaper or not they are still there

while at times my medical conditions are annoying ive never used diapers as a coping mechanism ....

the things is no matter what community you go to fetish or otherwise the majority of people there will have medical conditions this is not unique to the abdl community

• Like 1

Well yes, any group of people regardless of interests or commonalities will have a few in their group with psychological and physiological issues.

Diapers help me when I'm sick...as does anything that improves my frame of mind...because a positive attitude makes a big difference when you are sick!

Physically: Migraines, insomnia.

Mentally: We're still trying to pin that down.

Diapers do help with my insomnia, in that it's easier for me to get to sleep when I'm comfortable, and diapers are more comfortable than the other alternatives.

As for just being sick: I occasionally eat something that doesn't agree with me or something, and it wants to come out both ends. I don't like using my diapers, but in this case, it's less hassle to deal with a poppy diaper than have poop or vomit all over the bathroom floor, cause I can only aim one end at the toilet at a time...

butt goes on the toilet, face goes in the trash bin...... thats how i always solved taht problem.....

Same here :blush: And I find that it speeds the process up :huh: Seeing and smelling all the nastiness that resides in the trash bin makes me nauseous anyway and is guaranteed to bring forth that which wants to go when I'm already felling that way :roflmao:

Bettypooh

Same here, butt on toilet and head over the bin. What sucks is when more than one of you in the house is sick like that and you've only got the one toilet.

Back to the topic, diapers do make my recent illness easier to cope with... I'm dealing with a lot of bodily pain with it especially at night, and wearing diapers to bed alleviates the need to get out of bed or under-medicate so I don't sleep through the urge, as without fail I have to pee at least twice a night. Yay for having a hamster bladder lol! I can just pee and go back to sleep warm and cozy, or not have to wake in the first place. I am trying to be careful and not reverse all the work I've done teaching myself to wake at night when I gotta go... after 26 years I have finally gotten my sleep wetting episodes down to one every 1-3 months, except lately the medicine is causing more frequent instances of me sleeping through it. I opt for diapers, it's easier than getting up 2-3 times and hurting too much to get back to sleep, or peeing the bed. My fiance/daddy understands when it happens but since we sleep tangled up together I'm sure he doesn't much care for getting peed on lol. Besides, it gets my butt felt up more if I'm wearing, and I get more nookie too :whistling:

Its amazing how many folks here suffer from depression and anxiety disorders.....I fall into that category as well although I've been doing much better lately....

Without a doubt wearing diapers helps me cope with life from time to time. The enjoyment and security that they provide does wonders for my mood :) Sometimes, when I am having a bad day, just the anticipation of going home and wearing diapers cheers me up.

The right woman and some cash would alleviate 99% of my stress.

+1

As far as diapers go they make me feel more secure, more comfortable and less anxious. I just feel more "right" when I am wearing a diaper.

butt goes on the toilet, face goes in the trash bin...... thats how i always solved taht problem.....

That would only end up with the trashcan being spilled all over the floor and then vomited upon some more... When I get sick enough to throw up, I throw up quite violently, and can't stop until there's nothing left to throw up. Add diarrhea to the mix, and it's perty much incapacitating... It's much easier to minimize the damage by just pointing my face toward the toilet while half-collapsed on the floor and wearing a diaper. There's no way I'd be able to hold the bathroom trashcan in place to keep throwing up in it, or have enough time to try and lug the big trashcan to the bathroom. And there's not enough room in the bathroom to keep a big trashcan in there. Nor do I get so violently sick often enough to make it practical to have one in there. It generally only happens 1-3 times a year. And usually seems to be because I et something that seriously disagreed with my digestive system. Usually doesn't last more than a couple of hours, and then I'm mostly alright for the rest of the day...

Diapers are definitely used for medical conditions.

I've been 24/7 for a couple of years now. Went from want to (DL) to have to (due to necessity).

The history of the DL part can be found in a story from long ago: Been changed?

Well now I know what has been causing my continuous diareah for over the past year.

I have recently been diagnosed with VIPoma, an extremely rare pancreatic cancer that causes diareah, weight loss, and death.

I have lost over 30 pounds and fill my diaper about 10 times per day.

Fortunately I have good help. My wife and Norma take care of all my diaper changes.

I have to keep shaved for easier cleanup, and use healthy amounts of A+D to prevent rashes, and powder to reduce humidity.

I have almost used all of my residual Tena Ultra (I think I have about one bag left from a stockpile of 5 cases).

I have switched over to Abri-form Extra and wear them all the time; I have stockpiled about 10 bags (220 diapers) on the garage shelf and there are more comming automatically every three weeks.

Only time I am not wearing a disposable is for bed, when I wear a thick cloth diaper and plastic pants. My wife pins them on each night. Fortunately Norma does the diaper laundy and there have been quite a few messy ones.

Wearing diapers has helped me cope with my diagnoses and side effects. I feel more secure and confident when I have to go out, or even when I am in. They are comfortable and discrete so I don't see much of a down side. It's even better when all I have to say is "I need a change" and a few minutes later I am all cleaned up and in a fresh diaper.

I start my treatments next week. The doctors are going to nuke the cancer in my liver. Wish me luck.

OKMe

• Like 1

I have not seen a physical doctor for any of my problems nor have I talked to a councilor with a doctors degree so honestly, I can not say that I have any medical conditions. :closedeyes: I have talked to a councilor with a masters degree and that person can refer me to a doctor if they think I have a serious problem. I can however explain what wearing diapers and regressing (well the very lil regression that I can rally accomplish. it is really difficult to do)help me with. :blush:

1.) I worry about dieing a lot and I worry about my future :(

2.) I get anxiety really bad (or at least I think it is anxiety)where My chest feels tight,

my breathing feels restricted and I get a jittery feeling like my nerves are going crazy

and I get a sick feeling in my gut sometimes :(

When I am wearing my diapers, I feel good about myself. :) When I have my diapers on, I feel more confident and I feel safe. They make me worry less and they help me slow down. :blush: This helps me because in slowing down, worrying a little less, I don't worry so much about dieing and where I am going in the future or if I am ever gonna meet someone to share myself with. They are a very special part of me and they make me just so happy. Honestly, I have grown to love myself so much for my love for diapers that I have started to just wear only diapers and no underwear over top under my pants/shorts out in public. :wub: I love diapers so much that I am thinking about just completely giving up trying to hide them from others in public. Like right now I tuck in a undershirt into my pants so if my shirt lifts my diaper is not visible but now I am thinking about leaving it untucked and if the person behind me sees my cute lil diapers poking out then so be it. If someone one asks me about them then I will just tell them that I have to wear them. I mean I don't need them for physical reasons but I do need them for mental ones right? :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

medical : cerebral palsy , epilepsy , central auditory processing disorder ,respiratory insufficiency , dysautonomia, neurogenic bladder and reflux

mental : anxiety , high function autism , rapid cycle bipolar

dipers help me with the physical problems and feel nice . to be ab feel like it's part of me and i feel safer this way .