LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pedialyte

I don't understand how pedialyte is supposed to encourage urination. It is just vitamin infused juice.

If you want to urinate more, drink something that irritates the bladder... like cranberry juice. Or drink caffeine, which is a diuretic and bladder irritant.

Also, you can find Dandelion Root tablets in the herbal section of many stores... this is a natural diuretic.

Coffee ... if you're not planning on sleeping much. :P Caffeine itself is a mild diuretic, but coffee beans are very potent. Some teas to. Just be very careful with any diuretic as it will dehydrate you if you don't drink enough water with it.

Pedialyte is meant to replace electroltyes and prevent dehydration in children who have been vomitting or have severe diarrhea. I actually use Pedialyte when I am sickbecause it is the only thing that helps. However it will not make you pee more.

Drink lots of water it is a natural diuretic. Also coffee, tea, cranberry juice.

Just don't drink too much water, as that can cause water intoxication, which can kill you. In general, though, if you want to pee more, just up your fluid intake.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=strange-but-true-drinking-too-much-water-can-kill

While true, there are simple ways to avoid this based on the stories of those who were effected and the science behind it.

1. Don't hold urine too long, That kind of goes without saying though, holding urine too long is bad in other ways as well.

2. Don't drink water (or any fluid) too fast, tempting as it is when you feel dehydrated you have to go slow enough for the body to process it.

Really it doesn't seem that the amount is the problem as much as how quickly it is consumed and the holding of urine. This is only one source, there are others, however I'm lazy. :P Though the first story it mentions is 6 liters in three hours ... unless you are purposely chugging liquids, that's pretty hard to do.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=strange-but-true-drinking-too-much-water-can-kill

While true, there are simple ways to avoid this based on the stories of those who were effected and the science behind it.

1. Don't hold urine too long, That kind of goes without saying though, holding urine too long is bad in other ways as well.

2. Don't drink water (or any fluid) too fast, tempting as it is when you feel dehydrated you have to go slow enough for the body to process it.

Really it doesn't seem that the amount is the problem as much as how quickly it is consumed and the holding of urine. This is only one source, there are others, however I'm lazy. :P Though the first story it mentions is 6 liters in three hours ... unless you are purposely chugging liquids, that's pretty hard to do.

Well, yeah... What I meant with "don't drink too much" maybe should be expanded to "don't drink too much in too short a time". Consuming too much water at once tends to mean that you're bypassing your body's "Hey! I've got enough of that right now!" message. Most of the incidents I'm aware of deals with frat houses hazing people with making them drink way too much water, since they tend not to be aware of water intoxication. The other is the infamous case of the "Hold you wee for a Wii" contest, where one of the constants died. If you're not thirsty, you shouldn't be drinking. And you certainly shouldn't be drinking something like a gallon an hour... When I was in the scouts, they recommended that we drink a gallon a day at one of the camps. I have a 52 oz "Bubba Keg" that usually lasts all day (except for some of the hotter days in the summer) and well into the night.

....If you're not thirsty, you shouldn't be drinking. And you certainly shouldn't be drinking something like a gallon an hour... When I was in the scouts, they recommended that we drink a gallon a day at one of the camps. I have a 52 oz "Bubba Keg" that usually lasts all day (except for some of the hotter days in the summer) and well into the night.

If you feel thirst strongly on a regular basis, you need to up your daily water intake slightly ;) Water is your body's third most important need- only air and protection from extreme weather rank higher B) Like BMI and weight, your needed fluid intake actually varies a lot between people. Outside on the hottest of summer days I drink about a gallon of water over my usual well-hydrated state- but I perspire every drop of it right out :blush: I'm OK medically, but if you're at either water extreme do check with a doctor yourself :huh: Being well beyond average with your need for liquids can be a sign of some very nasty medical issues :o Have fun but stay safe, OK?

Bettypooh