LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Effects of Bulk Laxatives

So, adding mass to a bowel movement is sought after for some people, and bulk laxatives do a good job of it. If you have firm or soft solid movements the bulk laxative is great. However if your movements become liquidy from an upset stomach or use of laxatives I run into some issues. The way the bulk laxative fibers work is they create chains which trap water in-between them which causes them to swell several times over. Also most if not all of these fibers turn into a gel/goo when they expand. So when you introduce a lot of water they bind to all the water and make a huge gooey mess.

Thanks for the input guys, I think it will be an ever going experiment for all, with us as the guinea pigs! I've looked into lactulose before baby bonnie, but I do not drink animal milk and try to stay away from animal dairy (mostly cow).

Haha, you guys are too funny! While I did intake quite a lot of the bulk fiber. It honestly didn't do much. At the end of the third day where I had my 'play session' I was dieing to poo but once it was all said and done I 'only' had two large movements, which were of the right consistency (yay)! I guess the type of bulk fiber I am taking doesn't provide as much "bulk" as other products. I'm using a store brand of fibercon, which is a synthetic fiber. It prevents the bloating and gas that is common with natural fibers. It certainly does the job, I didn't get even the slightest bloating or gas issues I got when I used metamucil.