LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Active Ultra Review With Photos

babyforyou: Just because they worked for you does not mean they are going to work for everyone. Every week you have a "New" favorite diaper...and are hating on some other diaper...I wonder which one it will be next week.

I have tried these new diapers from the sample order and they are good diapers...nothing to call home about - but they are pretty good.

I have a "New" favorite diaper every week?LOL :roflmao: OK I don't see how for over a year now all I have used was ABuniverce and Bambino and nights that I work a depend pull up for men.I like bambino because they hold a lot and I like ABU because of the one tape and using the 2 different diapers gives me a mix of prints.and yes I did try this new diaper I got the sample and used both of them one at night and one in the day time and it held just a little bit more then bambino but not much more. It's a better fitting diaper to me as you know I have been saying for years that bambino is a lower rise diaper but still a GREAT diaper one of the best!!this new diaper is a high rise diaper.I emailed bambino about making this very same diaper but with a babish print on it and they told me that they would look into it.if so many others like this diaper maybe they should also email bambino about doing it the more they know people would like a diaper like that the more likely they are to make one like it. I love how its all plastic but has a cloth like landing zone for Velcro tapes that is so cool.I also emailed ABU about making one also I think ABU would make one before bambino would but you never know. Till one of them make this diaper I will keep buying it from the people that make it now!! I would just like to buy my diapers from someone you makes adult size baby diapers to Support them for doing it for us!!. as for the guy that had them problem with his tape I thought maybe he ordered the wrong size but from his new post I think he may of got a bad diaper and to maybe call them and see if they would send him out another one to try. I did order a case and they will be here in 3 more days :)

• Like 1

they MUST expand the landing ZONE to cover the entire front and be as large as the bambino's /secure landing zone..

It's actually exactly the same size (I measured it :lol::blush:). The difference is that if you miss the landing zone with a Bambino/Secure tape, it'll still stick albeit at the probable loss of the ability to re-tape. If you miss the landing zone with an Active Ultra tape though or you can't make it reach, the tape simply won't stick at all, for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

It's actually exactly the same size (I measured it :lol::blush:). The difference is that if you miss the landing zone with a Bambino/Secure tape, it'll still stick albeit at the probable loss of the ability to re-tape. If you miss the landing zone with an Active Ultra tape though or you can't make it reach, the tape simply won't stick at all, for obvious reasons.

Ok so i got the bambino bianco size large and Active ultra size large and strecthed them both open and they are Identical in cut,size,materials except the landing zone tape system.... the landing zone on the bambino is 22" wide and on the active ultra only 18" wide... now if these diapers are intened for people with 45" to 58" waist and i had issues with a 40" waist there may be a problem..... However i will stipulate the possibities that other sizes have better proportions and /or the manufacture uses what bambino calls a large as thier medium and they make an even larger size... i will even stipulate that its possible i could have recieved a differant version of the product than others... but still anyway you look at it...it is not good for the manufacture....

also i have found why the tapes failed and inclosed a photo the glue that hold the hook velcro on the tape seperated....

I am glad you found what works for you but I am showing what could be bad for others.... as a lifeling diaper wearer i am always looking for a better diaper and i have found that what works for me might not work for you... but I will not belittle you becuase i may not agree so please do the same.

Thanks

post-7078-054934900 1276470400_thumb.jpg

post-7078-049048600 1276470416_thumb.jpg

post-7078-054934900 1276470400_thumb.jpg

post-7078-049048600 1276470416_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ok so i got the bambino bianco size large and Active ultra size large and strecthed them both open and they are Identical in cut,size,materials except the landing zone tape system.... the landing zone on the bambino is 22" wide and on the active ultra only 18" wide... now if these diapers are intened for people with 45" to 58" waist and i had issues with a 40" waist there may be a problem.....

Ah, sorry I doubted you - I was measuring a medium of each type :blush:. I checked a medium Secure X-Plus just now (the same diaper I compared the Active Ultra against) and it measured 19 and a bit inches across (fully stretched out tight) so it looks like they used the medium landing zone on the large diaper. You might like to dig up an email address and comment? I'd say complain but free is free, I suppose :P.

• Like 2

Ah, sorry I doubted you - I was measuring a medium of each type :blush:. I checked a medium Secure X-Plus just now (the same diaper I compared the Active Ultra against) and it measured 19 and a bit inches across (fully stretched out tight) so it looks like they used the medium landing zone on the large diaper. You might like to dig up an email address and comment? I'd say complain but free is free, I suppose :P.

thanks! now I sure hope they dont use the same size landing zone on the Xtra large diapers......

• Like 1

I got my case of thees Diapers today. They are made in China it says right on the back of the pack. The case comes in four packs of 12. The packs look just like the packs of diapers in stores bar code on the side and a handle on top I wonder if these are in any stores.

post-6822-011327500 1276718919_thumb.jpg

post-6822-011327500 1276718919_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

WARNING!!! RIP-OFF!!!

I placed an order with these thieves last week that included a $105 blood pressure monitor and 4 sample diapers. They charged me for all I ordered but only shipped the diapers. Nothing in their correspondence or in my account at their website says anything about a back order. Even so, they should not bill me until they ship!

I've sent them messages and am waiting to see if they will respond. As for now, their actions rate the warning above as their practices are not proper for on-line business.

WARNING!!! RIP-OFF!!!

I placed an order with these thieves last week that included a $105 blood pressure monitor and 4 sample diapers. They charged me for all I ordered but only shipped the diapers. Nothing in their correspondence or in my account at their website says anything about a back order. Even so, they should not bill me until they ship!

I've sent them messages and am waiting to see if they will respond. As for now, their actions rate the warning above as their practices are not proper for on-line business.

Whoooaaa. Give them a chance. Sounds like they may have shipped the items separately. It's Entirely possible that the shipper is screwing up. If not and they don't respnd then yeah...What he said! whistling.gif

• Like 1

WARNING!!! RIP-OFF!!!

Seriously dude... chill out. Keep reacting like that and I see why you need the blood pressure monitor.

Agreed, they should not have billed you until your items shipped... but there may have been some unforseen delay with your order, or heck the BPM could have just slipped through the cracks. About 1/3rd of the orders for my job come in online... and sometimes things get missed or lost in the shuffle, especially with a new startup company like this one.

Send them a message or two, give them a call, and if they don't respond promptly then call your credit card company and have them reverse the transaction... there's no need to blow a gasket.

Though why you would just drop $100+ for one item from a company that was completely unknown such a short time ago, and is even now only known for their diapers, is beyond me. Remember shopping rule #1, "May the Buyer Be Wary."

• Like 2

WARNING!!! RIP-OFF!!!

They did respond today and the rest of my order did arrive today. I may overeact, but I do try to be fair. They did deliver, but their communications skills would benefit from improvement.

I do remember the days before internet ordering and when customers didn't pay for things until they had possession of them. The issue here was being charged, getting one email that showed only the sample diapers being shipped and another that confirmed delivery of them only. The company understands what my issues were and did their best to correct them. The mistake was, however, made and while they didn't rip me off, they did make communication mistakes.

I got my free sample today and I just put one on, and I must say, these are VERY interesting! :)

They fit well, and the 'velcro' tapes stick great, and these are incredibly comfortable....WOW! I'll wear it for the rest of the night and see what happens, but I think I might like these a lot. Nice and soft, thick and bulky, but quiet and discreet as well. I'll get in a performance 'review' when I can.

These are pretty nice though...thanks to who ever found the vendor..:)

qwack

• Like 1

Just arrived and definately NOT a Bambino/Secure Copy. Much too different at first glance especially up close. Haven't tested yet but will soon and get back to everyone.

Also thought I'd let everyone know the packaging is very discrete and doesn't have any markings on them. Box is about 14"x14"x23" as it says on the package so tall and not like a lot of other diaper boxes I've received which are more flat and wide.

Diaper package does say made in China and a date of mfg of 1-22-10.

Plastic package has no perferations on it so you have to tear it open or cut it(careful) to get at the diapers. That's as far as I've got so far. More to come.

• Like 1

I got my free sample today and I just put one on, and I must say, these are VERY interesting! :)

They fit well, and the 'velcro' tapes stick great, and these are incredibly comfortable....WOW! I'll wear it for the rest of the night and see what happens, but I think I might like these a lot. Nice and soft, thick and bulky, but quiet and discreet as well. I'll get in a performance 'review' when I can.

These are pretty nice though...thanks to who ever found the vendor..:)

qwack

OK, I just changed out of the active Ultra I had on earlier and all I can say again is WOW! I R*E*A*L*L*Y like the velcro type tape system! They hold on like death! They are also really absorbent and wick very well, no puddling :)

They are very comfortable and fit me well, though I do have a couple of small issues:

1) there is no way to ball the used item up. The velcro only sticks to the front panel, and not to the plastic. It took me a while futzing around before I gave up and just wadded the used one up and stuffed it into a bag.

The other item is minr and has been discussed, the front tape panel does need to go about another inch or so. I ordered mediums and they fit fine, but the tapes were on the edge of the panel. I got them to close ok with full attachment, but still, it's the same thing I have problems with other diapers, the tapes just don't 'quite' reach for full attachment on one side of my left leg. I am right handed, so I do the right leg first, then the right waist, then move to the left side, do the leg and waist last....maybe I need to attach both leg (lower) tapes first..*shrug* anyways, I am on the very edge of being between sizes, unless they extend the tape panel a bit on the mediums. Another point was made about odor control, which these don't have, so either powder up, or add some "mommy scents" or what ever, because if you don't drink enough water or too much coffee or something, you WILL smell it :P

Otherwise, this is another AWESOME product... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and I might order more when I get some of the rest of my stash down. I added them to my bookmarks as a diaper vendor, so I don't have to rummage around looking for the link...

Thanks again to Idatsea for bringing this product to our attention :D

qwack

• Like 1

I emailed them about that yesterday and they never got back to me yet. The Velcro only sticks to the front panel, and not to the plastic. I told them that it would be a good idea to put another landing zone on the back of the diaper so when its rolled up the tapes will stick and keep the diaper rolled up.

• Like 1

I have only tried one of the samples that I got, but have been happy with it. I really like the velcro tapes. And with other positive reviews on here, I ordered a case of them. But for some reason the case didnt seem to ship, so I called them this morining (Saturday) and spoke to customer service.

I must say that they were extremely professional and the problem got resolved and they will ship out my order on monday. Apparently Google Checkout didnt forward my order into their system. The customer service rep was able to get the problem solved quickly and was very nice to speak with on the phone. I was very happy to get though on a Saturday morning and talk with a real person behind the phone. I will deffinatly be ordering from them again. Their customer service is deffinatly top quality :thumbsup: and I will be ordering from them again.

• Like 1

I recieved my sample pack of 2 last week and managed to try one this past weekend. I think it is a good diaper.

Plastic feels real smooth, not really crinkly. Fit not too bad, soft inside, leg gathers and leg cuffs. Blue dry zone

and absorbed fairly well. I never had the time to really fill it to the max but what i did give it seemed to hold up

quite well. I was skeptical of the cloth like landing zone and velcro tabs, but to surprise they really held up good and

held together quite nicely. They did not slide or let loose like other brands do.

In the future i may decide to order a case of these.

• Like 1

Tried them out an knew about the "roll-up" issue once you're done but I'll tell you, there is a way to do it if you get creative. Might not be a tight roll but it worked for me none the less. Basically fold the front wings in and then fold diaper in a half, then half again while keeping the landing zone to the front. Tuck one side with the tapes under the diaper and the other side, wrap around the back side of the diaper towards the front and rotate it one turn so the grip part of the tapes are landing in the zone. With a little practice and tweeking the technique I find it works quite well. Problem solve.

These are great diapers and due have a death like grip for tapes, by far best tape out there and strongest.

• Like 1

I got the samples yesterday and put it on when I got home from the office, wore it until bed and intentionally drank a lot of liquids just to see how it went. I really like this disposable diaper. It has the same capacity as Bambino or Abena M4 but the velcro tabs are great. You know these super absorbant, or thick, diapers really can sag when wet and I just made a little adjustment and kept going.

I just got a case of Bambino but I think I will switch to these for the next order.

• Like 1

These diapers really are a good diaper but they are super similar to a Bambino like down to the smell. Something tells me there is something wishy-washy about these diapers but I will admit the diaper is a nicely made diaper.

• Like 2

Hey, I don't know what it is but they smell very fresh even after using them and taking them off. Very pleasant smell. The top sheet is very different than the current Bambino's I have. Active's have tons of visible holes in them that are by design. Also some other minor differneces but the biggest being the tape system. I guess though, although there are hundreds of different adult diapers, you're eventually going to have some that fit and have the same features as another as their can only be so many designs. Any diaper that's super absorbant, stand up gaurds, white, tape landing zone and waistbands is going to be very similar to a bambino/secure. The active does have an almost undetectable wetness indicator though which the others do not. Hardly noticed it was even there at first.

Can anyone that has received a sample and lives in a community that has mail lockers tell me if they received these at their door or in their mail locker?

Surely that depends how big your mail box is? Mine came in a standard Priority Mail box, 14" x 11.5" x 2.5". No signature required or anything like that so I'm sure that if it fits, they'll leave it in there.