LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

In The Past You When You Bed Wet.

When you where young......  

324 members have voted

1. 1. did you and why did you wet your bed?

• No I didn't wet bed. (you liar)
    • I had accidents.
    • I was too lazy to go the bathroom.
    • I wanted to wear diapers.
    • Medical.
    • Other. Please share if you don't mind.

I started wetting the bed when I was 8 years old, right after a second traumatic experience of nearly being child abducted. I was walking to school with my brother and this really scary looking man in a maroon car started folloing us. I made my little brother run and we made it to the covent and the nuns who worked at the grade school we attented called the police. I was pulled out of class all day to look at mug shots. I will never forget what that creepy old man looked like.

My parent's didn't really know how to deal with the situation and never really understood how traumatized I was. I started having nightmares and began wetting the bed. I always hid the accidents from my parents because I was so afraid of getting into trouble. I never really stopped wetting the bed, anything highly stressful or upsetting will kick in the bed wetting. I now wear diapers 24/7 as daytime accidents also occur.

• 3 months later...

I was a bed wetter until I was 12 or so. I'm not sure why as I wasn't lazy and I did not have medical problems. Perhaps it was emotional issues as my mom was divorced when I was 2 ??

I was a frequent bedwetter in my mid-to-late teens when it slowly tapered off, but I couldn't count on a dry bed every night till my early twenties :unsure: Until I was 11-12 years old it was an every-night thing and I wasn't allowed any protection for it :crybaby: Today I would have been diagnosed with OAB and UI for it, but back then those were not known or understood as medical conditions. It also didn't help that I slept deeply because Mom and Dad argued loudly every night :angry: Many times I has to get up and ask them to stop so I could get to sleep. I credit that with my deep disdain for inconsiderate people (especially parents) that I have now <_< In my early teens I tried some home-made solutions which didn't work and until I outgrew it when we traveled Dad got a crib for me when we stayed at hotels. I was terribly embarrassed at all of this and I hated myself for it. I especially hated my siblings who always used this as a way to 'get to me' :bash: But they did keep it in the family, it wasn't mentioned much outside of home except by friends who discovered my wet bed when they visited. That and my very late pantswetting made my childhood life a living he!! :o At least there are solutions for today's kids with similar problems B)

As I've aged I have returned to having an unreliable bladder so I wear 24/7 :D I still wake up once or twice a night needing to pee but I don't get up to do it since it ruins my rest to do that- and I don't need to get up now either :lol: For a year or so I tried to learn to wet in my sleep with almost no success so I decided to let nature do whatever it wanted to; if I wet in my sleep it's great, if not it's not a problem. Always being diapered has solved one of the worst problems of my life; I only wish I had found this solution sooner and been allowed it as a child when I needed the help most. Honestly, I still can't see why society has such a problem with incontinence :rant: People will gain dryness on their own when they can and there are solutions for those who can't for whatever the reason. It's a better world for kids who wet today but it is us who really needs to "get over it" ;)

Bettypooh

i wet the bed often up till i was aged10/11 ,i think it was due to a nervous condition i had i was growing up i N Ireland in the 60s/70s born in 63 at that time there was a lot of secterian hatred if you lived in a certain area and was of a different religion you could nearly always expect a petrol bomb throuh your window, i rememeber messing my pants in school when i was 8yr old ther was a gun battle going on i was in messy short trousers for 3hrs before i got home i still get called shitty bum 40yrs later

• 2 weeks later...

Only when I got older, mid-teens, and realize that as I dreamed of getting up and going to the bathroom, and peeing in the toilet, that I was actually sleeping and wetting the bed. Talk about an "Ah-Hah" momemt when it finally happened, and I began to recognize it, catch myself, and wake up BEFORE I began to wet or flood my bed! Up until that point, and after - I finally dried up at about 17 1/2 - I still had times where I would wake up in a wet bed and have no recognition or memory of wetting. Unfortunately, diapers - which WERE available, and COULD have made my mornings SO much gentler and pleasant, wet or not - were never used.

Now, I wake up with the urge to urinate, and have to let myself release when I'm diapered. Actually, when wearing cloth and plastic pants, the bulk tends to be disruptive of sound sleep. Go figure! LOL

considering i can sometimes barely remember what i had for lunch today, i dont think i ever was a big bedwetter. im pretty sure i did a few times during potty training (which, according to my mom i didnt want to do at all!), but nothing much more than that. i hate(d) waking up in a cold wet patch on the bed, then changing the sheets, flipping the matress, changing pjs, and then trying to get back to sleep. or the embarrassment of having to wake my parents. so it was only a brief time i was bed wetting.

fast forward 15 or so years to college, i had discovered diapers again, and got drunk one night in college. coming back to the dorm, i diapered up, and then passed out in my bed. lucky me, i had a single!! a few hours later, still hammered, i woke up in soaked diapers and soaked sheets. i cleaned up, changed, flipped, went to the bathroom, had some water and passed out some more until the morning lol woke up dry ever since! lol

Adding to the "flood" of people here who were accidental bedwetters...I wet the bed almost every night into my early teens. It wasn't emotional stress or laziness, I just slept soundly and didn't slow down or stop producing urine. Well, that's my theory. You might wonder how deeply I sleep to have wet the bed that long. Well, when I was 22 and in the Marines, I slept through a tear gas attack. Hey, I was tired! More recently, I've slept through out-gong artilery fire in Fallujah and the occassional trains in my back yard.

Now, instead of hating the fact that I'm a bed wetter and trying to stop, I'm enjoying it and getting to sleep in the diapers I always wanted as 5 year old when I realized that there was no way I could control wetting the bed and that it would be better to just be in diapers.

• Like 1

I don't recall wetting my bed, but clearly recall the morning my mother announced "It looks like we need to get out two diapers this morning -- one for Tom and one for Stevie" so I assume I had wet the bed. As soon as she finished changing my baby brother she diapered me and left me in just my diaper. I remember checking my reflection in a full-length mirror and liking what I saw!

• 3 weeks later...

I was an almost nightly bedwetter as a kid. My parents did make the usual attempts to correct the problem - all to no avail. Not sure whether I could have if I had tried harder, but the fact remains that I didn't try. After all, I reallly didn't know anything other than wetting myself in my sleep and wearing some kind of diapers to bed as wet beds and pajamas were not tolerated by my parents. So wearing a diaper to bed has always just been "normal" for me. And my father was furious/embarrassed by something I could not control, so maybe I was just lazy about it as a form of rebellion?

Could I have stopped the bedwetting? Probably not since I really didn't do anything to try to wet the bed - it just came naturally and still does.

.... I just slept soundly....

From what I've read on the subject of childhood bedwetting this is one of the main causes. I think it applied to me as well. What gets me is that the doctors involved here say that these children need to be taught to not sleep soundly :o which doesn't make sense to me :( You're body needs rest, and if it needs to sleep that soundly and you deny it, that is going to have a detrimental effect somewhere else. That's obviously not the best answer, or even a good one <_<

The real problem is that society cannot deal with the simple truth- everyone is different and stops wetting at different times- and that is the norm! There is no age or range of ages where wetting has to stop. The earlier this happens the easier it is on everyone, but there is nothing wrong with sleeping soundly. I'd love to have the chance to prove that to these stupid doctors by letting then get to sleep then waking them several times through the night until they got so worn down they realized my position is true and they were wrong. And this line of thought had nothing to do with my being a DL -_- This is about sleep and rest and there are many adults who suffer from sleep disorders than may result from being taught to not give their body what it needs so their beds would stay dry.

I know the embarassment and suffering a late-wetting child goes through and how it affects that person. I know what would have happened to me had I not slept that soundly and it would have ended up worse in my situation than it did. This is the main reason I spent so many years of my life as a very anti-society kind of person, even to the point of being an anarchist :oI did nothing wrong and I was not wrong in any way, but society beat on me until something had to happen- and it most certainly did :ph34r: The end result of all that is I suffered greatly when I shouldn't have, and I caused harm and grief to many who didn't deserve that- which I regret but cannot change now. I am a better person now, but that old person is still there underneath it all and I have to watch so that they never wake up and hurt me again.

Yes, later than usual wetting is a problem but only because we've made it a problem. The best of today's doctors are now beginning to preach patience as the proper solution, supporting and assisting the child and helping them deal with their wetting in a non-emotional manner, and letting them grow out of it when they will. all the while encouraging that for the practical reasons :wub:

Now that I cannot sleep soundly I often find that I am not getting enough rest, and that is having an adverse impact on my life. My partial soultion of wearing to bed helps me remain as asleep as I can be when my bladder want to go- I hardly wake and nature takes it's course them I'm back to geting the rest I need. Occasionally I don't wake up to wet and those mornings afterward are always the best because I got the rest I needed and the bed remains dry- if that's not a win then I don't know what is! :groupwave:

Bettypooh

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wet the bed for a very brief period when I was six, after my father died suddenly. My mother was not sympathetic, and threatened to go and "buy some outsize nappies and put them on you". My elder brother heard and made the rest of my day a perfect misery. I was so terrified and embarrassed that I only part-wet the bed again and woke up in time. She never carried out the threat, but after that I was a DL: that's all it takes.

• Like 1

As a child, I was on heavy meds that knocked me out cold at night. I was too tired to wake up, and always woke up wet. My parents managed through a plastic sheet, and pullups which sucked. They had a low capacity and tended to leak. I always woke up wet, three nights a week my sheets were soaked. They never diapered me at night, looking back that would probably be better, just embarrassing. I stopped wetting in Junior High, before my first winter camp. I was motivated to avoid the social embarrassment. My parents bought me a super soaker for staying dry 30 consecutive nights. It may have taken 3 months, but I got my CPS 2000! And I did not have problems at my first winter camp! I wonder if I was comforted by the pullups, despite the embarrassment. I grew up in a 1950's tract home. My bedroom was right by my sisters room, catty corner to our rooms was our bathroom. We did not bathe in there much as the sewer had a tendancy to back up, thanks to a tree of ours whose roots were half snake. They got into all sorts of things they were not supposed to get into. My parents room was in the addition. Straight from my room was a hallway. The door on the right led to a living room, the door straight led to a dining area, the kitchen was to the right of this. Do the left was the den, on the left side of the den was the entrance to mom and dad's master bedroom they had a private bathroom. I remember waking up soggy, then doing the soggy waddle, giving mom the I soggy glance, and she let me take a shower/bath in her bathtub, after she got out. As an AB I love sleeping in my air mattress "crib" having crib nights where I wake up in a soggy diaper! I won't wet during my sleep unless I can feel that I am diapered.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I didn't stay dry during the day until I was 10. Night time has been iffy since. I have worn night diapers off and on, more on than off. Lately I have been diapered about 50% of the time, day and night. I feel more comfortable wearing than not.

• 1 month later...

I actually couldn't stop bedwetting til I was in my early teens. However, for a while, I was re-diapered when I was like 5-6, and that excited me. It didnt last long, though :(

• 2 years later...

I can really only remember back to when I was about 3, and don't remember ever wetting the bed. But the girl next door (same age as me) wet the bed until we were in third grade and her mother made her wear diapers at night and I'd always see them hanging out on the clothesline. That was one of the great things about being a kid in the 1960s---everyone wore cloth diapers and clothes dryers weren't very common (due to the cost)--so you could look at people's clotheslines and know who still wore diapers.

Yes there wer several houses in our street that always had nappies on the line. I never thought about it at the time but I was obviously far from the only kid in our street that wet the bed.

For me I remember times where I was young where I was perfectly awake and just wet the bed for fun (probably a omen to my fascination with diapers) and there were time where I wroke up dum founded why I had wet spot the size of New York.

Same here I sometimes just wet for the hell of it because I could and was so used to having a wet bed it never bothered me and other times I would wake absolutly soaked with no recollection of it.

i coould not be botherted to get up i always have been lazy and even now the only reason i wear nappies to bed is because if i dont i need to get up in the early hours of the morning to go to the loo

During my teens this was often the case for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...