LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Should I tell people I'm 'incontinent'

Goerge

I've got this Bipolar thing going mentally you know and I'm on some pretty strong depot medication (injected in the ass, not the zombie kind unfortunately) I moved into a assisted living place some years back to support me with day to day living and I've been wearing sporadically in fear of being found out, I hate it.

If you're going to be wearing, changing, and leaking (it does happen) around others then they will figure it out sooner or later. I am of the belief it is better to tell them before that happens so you can help direct the outcome and be there to answer any questions they may have.

Yes you should tell your assisted living management. I don't know if your money situation or if you are on Medicaid. But if your not on Medicaid your assisted living management can help you get it if you qualify. With Medicaid you can receive free incontinence supplies of your choice with a doctor's prescription. I know you said that you don't want to see a doctor but if you are low income incontinence supplies can take a big chunk of your income.

Incontinence supplies are no problem to me financially. I'm sick of living a lie, I think if its in the open I'm more inclined to to stick to a regime and can't go without diapers.

Incontinence supplies are no problem to me financially. I'm sick of living a lie, I think if its in the open I'm more inclined to to stick to a regime and can't go without diapers.

Then don't live a lie tell the management and staff they need to know as far as house mates I wouldn't tell them unless you fear your closest ones or friends will find out. Its best to be upfront about it rather than keeping it a secret. People tend to lose trust when you keep secrets from them and they find out the hard way. So I've told a few friends and family and health professionals along with my payee. The payee knows cause I've ordered samples that have cost money..

I personally wouldn't as I stated above it's best to tell the truth. I've seen a few posts from diaper wearers whether incontinent or DL or ABDL where they were caught and the out come wasn't pretty. And even though you are an adult the minute you moved into the assisted living home you lost your control over all living and health care privileges so the staff needs to.

I noticed that you posted that you want to have erectile disfunction and I thought that you posted it after this on cause I didn't see it till later but you posted it before this one. And your first line begins with something like ;I think if I was incontinent I'd have erectile disfunction. So it leaves me confused are you or aren't you incontinent.? Anyways you don't have to answer my question I am not asking to be a jersey but to better assist you. If you aren't incontinent and trying to become incontinent I would definitely not recommend you telling the assisted living management and staff as they will set up an appointment with a doctor or urologist to do tests that are unpleasant to see if you are. I've read several posts online elsewhere don't remember seeing any here but the people claim to be incontinent but tests came up inconclusive or negative for incontinence so you might get away with it. But you also said that you don't want to live a lie any more and if you say you are incontinent and aren't wouldn't that be living a lie. Only you know the truth.

Where did you read that? and in regard to urodynamics tests - if you are referred to an urologist, why would they question you?

I might myself be going anytime soon...I know my doctor are pushing to get me to one. I do have frequent wettings throughout the day and at least two or three times a day, the urge to urinate are severe with only maybe 150ml coming out.

However I also suffer from a somewhat shy bladder syndrome....at least so I believe, that's my only concern, that shy blader and incontinence issues are not known to (at last not to me) to go hand in hand. So that might be an issue for me, when I undergo the tests

He heard it from me for one, and this was admitted to me by a couple of urologists I had seen in the past. It's their only real diagnostic too though, so they keep using it.

I've had that test done about 10-12 times in the past 18 years. It is extremely uncomfortable, and can easily get painful (especially if you typically retain urine or have difficulty going). In all that time my test were either inconclusive, or partial, or didn't show I had any problems at all. That is till my last test which was pushed to an extreme had showed very conclusive proof of my blockage and extremely high bladder pressure for the straining I've been doing.

Before this last test it was one urologist after another that didn't believe me, or want to do my sphincterotomy. After the test, my urologist just about rushed me through to get it done asap. And it only took a dozen time before the urodynamics test actually worked.

My suggestion to you would be to grin and bear it during the test and let them work through it. What ever you do though, do not let them stop the test for any reason other than when it has been fully completed. Failure of this will just mean it will eventually have to be done again.

So Goerge, since you came in chat the other night and specifically said you weren't incontinent but you wanted to lie to the doctor about being incontinent for... some reason... I would tell you definitely to not tell people you are incontinent if you aren't it is a lie, and more than that it is a needless lie.

He heard it from me for one, and this was admitted to me by a couple of urologists I had seen in the past. It's their only real diagnostic too though, so they keep using it.

I've had that test done about 10-12 times in the past 18 years. It is extremely uncomfortable, and can easily get painful (especially if you typically retain urine or have difficulty going). In all that time my test were either inconclusive, or partial, or didn't show I had any problems at all. That is till my last test which was pushed to an extreme had showed very conclusive proof of my blockage and extremely high bladder pressure for the straining I've been doing.

Before this last test it was one urologist after another that didn't believe me, or want to do my sphincterotomy. After the test, my urologist just about rushed me through to get it done asap. And it only took a dozen time before the urodynamics test actually worked.

My suggestion to you would be to grin and bear it during the test and let them work through it. What ever you do though, do not let them stop the test for any reason other than when it has been fully completed. Failure of this will just mean it will eventually have to be done again.

Brian,

Good to see you again, how does things go on your end, was your last operation finally succesful?

Concerning the urodynamic testing, I plan to go ahead this time - I feel I'm ready for it now, I'm going more than 10 times a day withour overhydrating, so my one and a half year in diapers have done something.

The only thing I fear is my "shy bladder" will blow the conclusion since sometimes no matter what I simply cannot release, and I recon that a good sign of proving you are having trouble holding yourself, is peeing on the floor..... :whistling:

I don't want to take over this thread so I'll just say I'm better but still not there. I've been updating everything in my sphincterotomy thread so please look there if you want more details.

I got the impression the OP was having periodic incontinence issues from his medications and was wanting to just go full time diapered. Yeah, if you're not incontinent (even a little), then I would not recommending you lie to anyone about that.

In response to Baby Brian I've heard it from you and some people on ADISC witch I don't go to ADISC anymore. I not sure if my testsas a kid came bback as inconclusive or negative all I know is that they were painful and uncomfortable but was diagnosed with OAB as a kid. I was glad that my new doctor prescribed diapers for me when I told her my history as a kid with several painful and uncomfortable tests and that I didn't want to go through them again. And told her that I didn't want to be a ginnie pig with meds like the last doctor because of side effects and even if they do work you still have accidents just not as much.

Response to Baby Brian and Elfking you posted the same advice about lying as I did above and after I posted that I read his profile and in his about me section it says I am not incontinent, but in the diapers he lists incontinent. It makes me wonder what else he is lying about maby even his age.

Update he changed his diaper status from incontinence to diaper lovers. And took out the I am not incontinent part of his about me.

Other then my wife and doctor no one new I had to wear 24/7 but last week I finaly had an appointment with an urologist and was diagnosed with OAB, I have created a backpack with supplies for the car and decided to let the rest of my family know about my condition.

Only my wife, mom and dad, brother and sister inlaw and doctor will know for now the benifit of letting them know is I can now leave my diapers in a easy to get to place and don't have to worry if some one opens the storage closet and finds my supplies

It has also lifted a cloud that was hanging over my head that they would find out at the wrong time. Since yours and mine condition is medical and not self induced there is nothing to be ashamed about and your close family and friends that you tell should be supportive

Just remember it's not if they find out its when and telling them in a controlled environment at home is better then having and accident at their place or out in public and you need to go change. If they already know they will under stand you need to change and will give you the time and space to do so and will carry in when you get back like nothing out of the ordinary happened

• 4 weeks later...

Most of my family and close friends know I have problems controlling my bladder due to my diabetes. Only my wife knows that I have become somewhat DL as a way of coping with it.