LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Catheter Play

Mary Ann,

As has been mentioned in another reply, the best way to say it is "they don't stay on" too well. Without getting too explicit, imagine a very thick condom-type product that does not have a tight ring at the base to hold it onto a part of the male anatomy that does not exist on a 24/7 basis in the type of rigid condition that typically keeps a contraceptive condom in place.

Even considering the increased possibility of infection, an indwelling balloon-tip catheter is really preferable for someone who is ambulatory. A condom cath might be marginally usable for someone confined to a bed, but not for someone with even a sense of an active lifestyle (like standing, walking, bending down, etc.). Plus, from a fetish perspective, nothing can give you more of a feeling of helpless incontinence than an indwelling catheter inside a thick diaper. The only way you know anything is coming out is that the diaper gets wetter and thicker and warmer.

Also, if the AB/DL is wearing disposables, catheters are perfect to replicate infantile diaper dependence. Many voluntarily diaper wearers will "hold back" until the urge is strong and then "let go", suddenly releasing a large volume of liquid. If you think about the way a child wets, it is a more constant flow whenever urine even begins to collect in the bladder. People who wear disposables will tell you that a sudden "flood" will not be absorbed quickly enough and can leak. Since the catheter allows liquid out as soon as it appears in the bladder, the quantity is never a flood, but more like a dripping faucet. At the rate of release through a catheter, i've found that disposables hold an AMAZING quantity of liquid!!

But, as the warnings above stated, cleanliness is important, because you are creating a completely open pathway straight into the bladder. So, pooping into the diaper is not a good idea, and good hygiene of the exposed end of the catheter is crucial.

And, here's a little tip i figured out years ago. If you're going to indulge in cath play, there are obviously going to be times that you won't be diapered (if for no other reason than the fact that you're changing your soaked one, or when taking a shower, or...) while that lovely little tube is still hanging there dripping. The perfect "stopper" for those interim times? A golf tee! Yes, they are just the right size to slip into the end and the increasing upward taper of the diameter means that it will slide into the open end of the cath for about 2/3 of its length and then will get very snug. The stretchability of the latex or silicone of the cath will allow the golf tee to become nice and tight in the end of the opening, while still leaving enough of the head of the tee for your fingers to grab to pull it out. My recommendation is the plastic ones and not the wooden ones, because they are easier to clean before inserting into the end of the cath. Even though they are painted, the wooden ones are porous and can retain germs that you don't want incubated in the nice, dark and warm environment inside that tube.

So, play safe and have fun!

B)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Two or three years ago, I decided I wanted to see if I could catheterize myself. I went to the hardware store and purchased about 3 feet of 1/4 inch clear plastic tubing. I heated one end to cause it to soften and round out the sharp edges. I wiped it down with alcohol to sterilize it and lubed it with KY jelly. It slipped in fairly easily for the first 6 inches or so and then it seemed to hit a narrow place (I'm guessing it was my prostate). I finally managed to pass this region and had no further trouble until I reached the bladder sphincter. I kept pushing gently as I tried to relax and finally managed to pass the sphincter. Immediately, urine began to flow through the tube. I removed the tube when the urine flow stopped. I then pulled the tube out very slowly after marking the location of the tip of my penis on the tube. I have forgotten the exact measurement, but I think the portion of the tube that was in my urethra was about 12 inches long. After the tube was removed, I had some burning when I peed for a day or so.

I have done this several times over the past three years and have had only two UTIs. For the first one, I noticed severe burning when I peed for a couple of days after I had inserted the tube. I went to the doctor and he gave me some antibiotics and recommended that I drink lots of water and cranberry juice. It cleared up within a day of beginning the antibiotic. The second one occurred this past Thanksgiving. I woke up in the morning and when I peed there was an intense burning and some blood came out. The doctor's office wasn't open, but the doctor on call phoned in an antibiotic prescription. Again, within a day after taking the antibiotic, the infection cleared up. Of course, during both occasions, I completed the 10 day dose of antibiotic, even though the pain cleared up within the first day.

Ouch!

daoakman2007: Why not go to medicalsupplydepot.com and just order a proper catheter. You might find that they are much easier on the plumbing. Also, get a tube of 'surgilube', a very gooey and slippery sterile lubricant to assist in insertion. I've tried a foley cath for a couple of days and will be ordering several more for some cath play in the weeks ahead. You can find U-tube videos of how to properly insert. Careful, Careful.

Packrat, mainly because my wife would kill me. She is not into my kinky fetishes at all and to have to explain why I ordered a Foley catheter would be extremely difficult. I told her that the clear plastic tubing was oxygen tubing that we brought home from the hospital when I was there for sinus surgery. I used to have a red rubber catheter in the basement, but, at the time, I did not know what it was and threw it out. I have no idea where it came from.

About the only time I use the tube now is when I want to drink my urine directly from my bladder rather than from a glass.

• 9 years later...