LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

WB Daddy and Capt.mad_cow I completely see where you are coming from, it is very hard to tell which writers actually want critiquing and which just want to get praised. This is also the reason I rarely comment on stories, I did in my early days but found myself worrying more about phrasing my comments in way to cause no offence than actually being helpful. I have also found that the readers of the stories can get very upset if you say a bad thing about one of their favourite stories.

• Like 1

Oh thats a shame WB as I think it would really help abdl stories to have something like that. I know when I first found out that I was an abdl it was the stories that helped me come to terms with myself. Reading other peoples works on the subject helped me realize that normal everyday people had the same eccentricity that I have. Also writing about the subject was really therapeutic for me and it would be a shame for people to lose out on that.

• Like 1

Given today's multitude of seemingly uneducated and barely literate people I've had to stop critiquing other's works, stories, and posts. Only when it's truly an attempt to murder the English language do I step in. Unfortunately it's usually so bad that I can't help but come across as negatively criticizing, or out right attacking them. Granted my communication skills are centered around being honest and straight to the point, but it would be nice if there was a section where, if posted, people would at least expect it and know to take the criticism as it is- constructive.

I think we should get one here. We've already got the writers posting stories and DD has been good about hosting things like this. After all, it is a draw to the board and the finished content would then most likely be posted in the story forum or hosted in the story section.

I haven't critiqued on here because as others have said, its hard to tell who wants comments to help improve and hone their craft verses those who just want stroked with praise. My comments on stories tend to be short and generic.

I would he interested as well in participating in a writers group here.

Hell, I'd love some critiquing on my stories and would return the favor.

I like knowing what works in my stories and what doesn't. Sometimes a writer won't see the mistakes they're making. So story after story the same mistake is made. I'd rather have someone point out the emperor is naked than pretend they love those invisible clothes.

on the other hand you have to remember people are as varied as stars in the sky, so you can't take every review to heart. Iit may be just how that one individual sees things. If 10 readers say the plot is too fast or not explained enough but one or two say its perfect....then the plot may just need to be slowed down. On the reverse, 10 people saying the plot flows just right and 2 say its too fast....

I'm rambling. Sorry. XD. Getting off soapbox now. XD

• Like 1

OK, I took the initiative and requested a forum, by invitation only, for writers and anyone honestly able to help with stories. Here is that new thread if you would like to add your thoughts beyond what we've done here:

My reason for not critiquing is because I have nothing to critique unless it was too short or had too many punctual errors. I don't usually comment on short chapters because I find it redundant but sometimes I do say something about it. Especially if I find some detail error or plausibility error. I know it's just a fantasy sometimes so I may keep quiet about it because it's a story so of course things are supposed to be implausible. Movies do it too. I also leave comments and sometimes they are a form of criticizing if I am

I'm thinking we put a thread here in Writer's Lair and let someone link up a story that is either offsite or in our story section (or short takes, or w/e) and we have a discussion and dissection.