LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting rid of a diaper fetish/urge to wear them

Ok so not 100% sure if this is the right category if it isn't sorry really,

Ok so does any one know how to get rid of a diaper fetish, this is getting me annoyed because nearly all of my internet search history is somewhat to do with diapers, I even have a blog dedicated to them sorry rambling a bit

So my question to you is HOW do I get rid of this fetish/urge I've never even worn one well I've worn a pull up about 2 years ago but never worn a adult diaper any advice would help thanks in advance

I've quit many times. :-)

It is pretty normal to go through these phases of wanting to get rid of a fetish. I'm not sure quitting is ever long term. If you are serious, seek out a professional. I did it a few decades ago. The result wasn't me quitting, but rather me becoming comfortable with who I am. That wasn't my plan when I started therapy, but sometimes life doesn't hand you what you expect.

• Like 1

Not something that you can get rid of you may supress the rges for a while but you will always have the desire to wear diapers and start towear again I tried to stop many of times and came back even stronger now I cant quit do to incontinence.

• Like 1

You really cant just quite being attracted to nappies etc any more than you can quite your sexuality.

You can try to suppress it and not act on it but it will always be there.

Maly.

Ive never been able to really get it to go away but what helps me forget about it is that you just gotta go all out and embrace it one weekend or for a week just wear diapers 24/7 no matter what, by bottles, baby powder, onsies, all that stuff and just go all out and embrace it and by the end of the week youll probably be tired of it and then you won't have as strong of an urge to look at it for a while anyways! thats what I do, and because you said its been 2 years since you actually have worn any type of diaper I think this could help you a lot

Good luck with that. It will be difficult and most likely a life long struggle.

You could try replacing it with something else.

Got any other interest you're happier with?

Be happy with who you are, liking diapers is of no harm to anyone, therefore not much incentive to reject it.

I've been seeing a shrink for years now - initially to get rid of my desire to wear diapers. I now have a pretty good understanding of where and how this desire developed. The therapy has worked wonders - for my relationship with my wife (who does NOT approve of diapers and the threat of divorce brought me to the shrink). As has been said consistently above, however, I've come to accept myself for who I am and I don't think my 'need' for diapers will go away. Notice what I'd thought of was a 'desire' is now acknowledged as a 'need'.

• Like 1

One of the most difficult things about this fetish is that there are constant reminders everywhere we go. Diapers in the grocery store, diaper commercials on TV, and countless other "triggers" that remind us of our infatuation.

This makes thinking of something else near impossible. Replacing this fetish is easier said than done because none of us sought out diapers from the kink drawer for our lives.

As others have said, you can try repression through keeping yourself exceptionally busy mentally and physically. If you become complete task driven and focus 100% on whatever you are doing, always having something to do next, you might be able to suppress the urges.

Also, another tactic can be to never be alone. When driving, call people and keep in touch. If you are concentrating on other people and the conversations then the urge will be less.

Still, I think Diaperpt has the best advice in seeking therapy to understand your desire and then with help combat it if that is what is deemed necessary.

Good luck :)

Spargano

• Like 1

You could beg a doctor to remove the part of your brain that is so infatuated by diapers but I doubt you could talk the doctor into doing it. Just face the fact that you have a diaper fetish and deal with it.

I've been seeing a shrink for years now - initially to get rid of my desire to wear diapers. I now have a pretty good understanding of where and how this desire developed. The therapy has worked wonders - for my relationship with my wife (who does NOT approve of diapers and the threat of divorce brought me to the shrink). As has been said consistently above, however, I've come to accept myself for who I am and I don't think my 'need' for diapers will go away. Notice what I'd thought of was a 'desire' is now acknowledged as a 'need'.

I also saw a shrink to "help me quit" - and that was 15 years ago. He had no interest in "helping me quit" and a lot more interest in figuring out why I felt so terrible about this fetish.

As I see it, there are a bunch of good answers above, but I would put it to you as a choice:

A) your desire/need can control you, in which case you will go nuts trying to suppress it, or

B ) you can control your desire, by recognizing its phases and acting on it when you need to, before it takes over your life and takes you away from other good things you need.

It will wax and wane...and, if you find yourself a good place to act on it, you won't have to suffer consequences like you might if it busts out around the seams of your life. You can also save substantial resources by putting things in a box for next time when you are satiated and start having thoughts about how silly and embarrassing it is.

I myself wear part time...sometimes I feel the need, other times I am a little too preocupied with the rest of my life to bother. But I don't let the diapers and other wierd stuff get in the way of everything else...I just happen to be diapered that day, and get on with it...my wife, my job, chatting too much on line, my house, my friends, my hobbies, whatever!

If you satiate yourself with diapers from time to time, or even all the time, it's really no big deal. It is just taking care of your peculiar self!

• Like 1

If you want to quit, you can. Diapers are not natural. There is no part of our brain that is hard wired to need them. (I use need cautiously.) They are an artifact. Now, we make an association with artifacts and items, that over time become ritualized, and ritual items develop a need. Most of us would be in the ritual category. It becomes a need them, because it is serving to 'complete' an area in us. Some, it is we are so stressed, that giving up some control makes life easier, for others it is much more complex.

Thanks to those who liked what I had to say. I do feel the need to come back and reinforce that my therapy helped me accept who I am

If you want to quit, you can. Diapers are not natural. There is no part of our brain that is hard wired to need them. (I use need cautiously.) They are an artifact. Now, we make an association with artifacts and items, that over time become ritualized, and ritual items develop a need. Most of us would be in the ritual category. It becomes a need them, because it is serving to 'complete' an area in us. Some, it is we are so stressed, that giving up some control makes life easier, for others it is much more complex.

I'm speaking for myself.

I tried to quit with the longest time without diapers was about two weeks before I folded. I even burnt all of my diapers on a few occasions, get stimulated and wished I hadn't burnt them. I found out that it is pretty impossible to get rid of the feelings so I merely have been strict with myself to control it and not let it take over my life, yet use it to make my life more enjoyable and fun.

Throwing these feelings away is just like trying to get 'ungay' when you are gay....it's impossible(that is my opinion and from my experience) Anything will set me back into wanting to have diapers on....the scent of baby powder, seeing a commercial of a 26 year old dancer babe, trying on Depends Sillohete, lol and just seeing a baby diaper sitting on the dash of someone's car, sets me off.

I won't speak for others, but for me I cannot stop this....ever. It's been with me since I was 6 years old(sneaking on diapers, wearing them to bed, asking mom if I can wear one, ect ect and I have been able to control my urges.... Not being lazy is one of the ways I get away from sexual feelings and diapers....exercise, being active, doing fun hobbies(I'm learning to Kayak now) a help to stop the diaper thing from taking over your life.

You have to be strict with yourself... Try having "diaper days" as in certain days or times you allow yourself to wear diapers and be a baby and stick to those times.... It makes it more fun when you 'save' up to those days.