LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disposable Or Cloth?

BoTox

I will admit to having an all-in-one cloth diaper and to having plastic pants but I've not had great success liking cloth diapers. Am I alone?

I certainly couldn't wear the AIO out in public and any other cloth diaper would be even bigger and still require plastic pants on top of that.

Disposables just are so easy and so convenient that I have a hard time wanting to even fool with a cloth diaper.

Disposables are nice, I have to admit. Dry 24/7 are A*M*A*Z*I*N*G! :thumbsup: for the bulk and capacity...not much of being very discreet though. I found a balance in capacity and discretion with eurobriefs and bambino and secure plus products, which I enjoy :)

B*U*T, I have also found some cloth prefolds that I just absolutely ADORE :wub: I always wanted cloth diapers and plastic pants and I finally have what turns my crank and makes me a happy camper :D I don't wear them that often, but have gone out in them under a pair of baggier jeans, and that, for me, is the ultimate ;) i wore them all day and just really enjoyed it.

I'm a "cloth kid' and love it, but thats just what I was always fascinated by and wanted to wear.

Disposables are nice....yes, but, there is just something almost 'magical' about cloth and plastic pants...maybe it's just in my head, but they really really REALLY make me happy, and just feel A*W*E*S*O*M*E..:wub::wub::wub:

You might be having trouble with the AIO because they are really bulky and thick I have one also and no, I wouldn't wear it outside of the house :blush:

real cloth flat type or prefolds work ka LOT better because YOU control the bulk or how they ar folded or you use them. As opposed to something thats already 'made' and you can't alter it to suit. *shrug*

For those who grew up in the "Pampers" generation, cloth diapers, and the need for plastic pants, is an acquired pleasure. It takes some getting used to if you didn't grow up in cloth diapers, feeling the bulk, the softness of cloth, having them pinned on - which is where AIOs suck, as they sag when wet - and feeling wetness be wicked up to saturation point, as well as the excellent containment of a BM.

Then, there is the whine about the need to launder, etc., etc., and lack of convenience. For me, I use disposables for convenience, but when I can, especially at home with time to enjoy just being diapered, it's cloth and plastic pants. From time to time, I challenge the "visible diaper line" by wearing cloth out under regular clothing. The downside there is that a diaper change out in public is a lot more of an ordeal than with disposables.

It's all what one prefers. It's all what one gets used to. For me, cloth diapers and plastic pants ROCK. And, I love 'em, and am proud to say I do!

• Like 1

I was a 1950's kid and never used a disposable diaper until I was an adult. I still wear cloth diapers at night. If I am away from home, I take disposables. When my wife is with me the cloth diapers come too.

I wore all sorts of products as a teenager.

The worst experience was a bout of fecal incontinence in the late 90's. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

No I am back to being just wet at night.

A good cloth diaper, will surpass any disposable but they are not discrete! you will have puffy pants for sure. With cloth diapers, plastic pants are a must.

Growing up in the 60's (wow I feel old) cloth diapers and plastic pants were what I wore. I have always loved wearing diapers of all kinds as a teenager but for my bed wetting I was always in cloth diapers. Fast forward 30 years to today and I am still in cloth diapers 24/7 unless I am on vacation or away for work then I will bring my disposables. I find cloth diapers with good plastic pants are more effective then disposables for my needs and the costs of disposables 24/7 would out of control. Yes cloth diapers are bulky but in the last few years of 24/7 no one as ever said anything to me that my diapers were noticeable.

Not into cloth unless I need something for swimming. Disposables all the way! And not that "cloth-like" covered junk! I So hate those. The tapes never stick, they snag on any/everything and they don't seem to hold in odors at all.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

I like both but disposables are becoming my more regular choice due to their convenience :whistling: Cloth still has it's appeal and usefulness- I spent a day working on my car in cloth diapers recently and didn't have to stop to pee as they held it all :) Plus I like to feel the wetness fo cloth dipaers :blush: which disposables don't guve you the same way :(

• Like 1

I wear cloth and disposable. Cloth saves me lot of money and they are very comfortable. You get used to the bulky feeling and it becomes normal. I wear disposables for out in public like to work. Cloth is too bulky and lot of my clothes don't fit over them or make them too noticeable. I wore disposables when I was a baby but I did wear cloth when I was an infant before my parents switched to disposables because they found cloth too much work.

• Like 1

There are several reasons why I prefer cloth diapers and waterproof pants: I was born in 1959 and that's what I wore then. Cloth makes me feel most like a baby.

I use cloth at night, with plastic or nylon pants, they work much better at preventing leaks for those of use who are side sleepers. I use disposable during the day, usually pull-ups.

• 2 months later...

I have some lying around as a novelty item, however I was just talking to AngelaBauer, about going cloth full time for a while and see how much money I save.....since you can pretty much adjust the absorbancy with cloth to your own body type.

I wear disposables 24/7 (Dry 24/7 or Abena L4) and wouldnt give them up if I had to. However - I do love the cloth diapers also. Only draw back for the cloth is the smell and having to wash them after each use.

But in the long run, a diaper is a diaper and that is all I will wear