LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adult Child's Clothing

DLdapper

Hey, I am getting more into the AB scene and wanted to start collecting a few outfits for when I am little. I was wondering what you guys look for or where you buy your outfits. Some children clothing is large enough for some people to fit into, but baring that what else is there. I've seen some online stuff but most of it is pretty expensive.

• Like 1

You have to shop around, but I have seen 'interesting stuff' at Sears in the mens / boys department of all places :P Look for colorful items, (since most of the stuff in the mens dept is drab and boring) The 'joe boxer' has some interesting things like short pants and some of the 'lounge' and sleep wear has fun prints and colors.

I found some interesting shirts at discount malls too, like the places you see selling 5 tee shirts for $10 etc. They have all sorts of odd things in there that have a childish appearance.

For some reason I like long sleeve tee shirts, so I have a couple that I can wear with a diaper and shoes and socks :D and it looks great for some reason.

Also I have a pull over hoodie sweat shirt that I wear that way also and it too looks 'right' .

Things like shoes you can find in discount places like Big5 or other places that carry last years styles or are doing blow out sales on styles that didn't initially sell. I have seen some styles that can be very kid like in the use of colors and such....some others are just plain obnoxious or ugly, so you have to shop around :P

Also there is Goodwill or salvation army thrift stores that always seem to have an assortmant of bib overalls and short alls for some reason (in th ladies section)

And of coarse there is always good old ebay....use 'adult baby' as a search or 'adult baby pants' or 'adult baby shorts' or what ever you might be looking for. Theres more then likely someone out there who makes something of interest.

Also, fi you have a few more bucks, check out forever a kid (http://www.foreverakid.com) for more custom stuff. They have been around quite a while and seem to have a decent reputation....but they are pricey as well, so you have to pick and choose if you have limited funds etc.

Also, if you are close to the coast, check surf shops, they have a lot of colorful type things and shorter shorts etc, than other places sell. I hate those knee length 'shorts' everyone wears now, they just look stupid :P but thats just me.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, besides getting a sewing machine and patterns and making your own stuff.

Good luck and have fun shopping! :D

• Like 2

I was looking at the Hot Topic website yesterday, and ran across quite a bit of childish clothing for men. Underwear with all kinds of Marvel graphics, and lots of T-shirts/pants with childish themes. The prices seemed reasonable, but I couldn't bring myself to buy anything. Still, I was rather impressed with the "childish" nature of much of their clothing.

• Like 1

I make my own outfits, so the sky's the limit. I study pictures online of what real children wear from ages 2 to 6 years old and design my wardrobe around that. So far I've made around 70 outfits. Check out my photo gallery if you want to get ideas for children's clothes for adults. They are all little girl clothes, though, so if you're looking for little boy clothes, you're out of luck.

• 1 month later...

I've been starting to actively search for outfits... Found some good places to look for onesies, and footed pjs. and found several places for cute socks... however most of the cute and childish designs are for women, or children! Almost every site has women and youth sizes but not men cut!

As someone who sews adult baby clothes, I can tell you that costs will be high. Fabric is not inexpensive and runs anywhere from $7-$10 per yard. You can probably imagine how many yards of fabric it takes to duplicate a baby or toddler outfit in an adult size. As an example, I'm 5'4" tall with a 37" waist. To make a Onesie in my size requires 1'1/2 to 2 yards of material. Blanket sleepers take 3-1/2 yards including making long sleeves. Then there is the trim needed around necklines, leg openings, and cuffs. If you buy custom-made clothing, expect to pay for labor. It takes me at least 3 hours to make a Onesie, and maybe another hour or so to make a sleeper.

• Like 1
As someone who sews adult baby clothes, I can tell you that costs will be high. Fabric is not inexpensive and runs anywhere from $7-$10 per yard. You can probably imagine how many yards of fabric it takes to duplicate a baby or toddler outfit in an adult size. As an example, I'm 5'4" tall with a 37" waist. To make a Onesie in my size requires 1'1/2 to 2 yards of material. Blanket sleepers take 3-1/2 yards including making long sleeves. Then there is the trim needed around necklines, leg openings, and cuffs. If you buy custom-made clothing, expect to pay for labor. It takes me at least 3 hours to make a Onesie, and maybe another hour or so to make a sleeper. Before anyone asks, I do not make clothes to sell simply because of privacy issues. I need to remain anonymous in name and location because I work closely with young children. So I only sew for myself. My outfits are in BabyJune's photo gallery if you want to see them, but I only make little girl clothes. (Cute factor, you know!) One more thing regarding costs, when I sew an adult toddler dress, the material and notions generally run $35-$50. And some of those outfits take at least 6 hours to make. Hope that gives you an idea of what a fair price is for adult baby clothes.
Oh thanks so much for breaking everything down when it comes to making clothes! I really didn't know fabric was that expensive since I haven't had the need to buy any. There is also a lot of time required, which now that I think about it, $50 isn't too bad since the minimum wage in it self is already 9/hr. Thanks for the informative post! I do have a quick question for the future. Was it hard to learn how to sew baby clothes? I am sorta interested in sewing my own clothes, but it definitely looks difficult. Edit: I must say that you have great craftsmanship! Those outfit look absolutely adorable.

Like anything else, sewing is a skill and a craft that one can learn, but not something you learn over night. I have 'some' sewing experiance from School, butthat was long ago, and my knowledge of sewing machines and such has waned greatly.... though I have entertained the thought of buying a sewing machine so I could make all my own stuff as well.

For those interested, I am sure there are adult classes for sewing to explain things (how machines work, different stitches, what a dart is etc) and the nice thing is they already have machines for you to practice on, and the classes are fairly cheap... just check out your local adult education or crafts stores etc.

I think all you need is time and a few bucks....and material I guess since they more then likely wont be furnishing that :P

But it shouldn't be to hard to learn....it's not rocket science, but it's not just a walk in the park either, it's a craft and skill like anything else and should be treated as such.

• 2 months later...

You should check out Snaps4U. They often have a small selection of things they've made on ebay, but they also custom make adult baby clothing for you. They are very nice and will work with you to make sure you get a perfect fit and get stuff that you will love. I have ordered two custom shortalls and onesies from them and they turned out great! I also had them put specific designs that I wanted on the shortalls and they custom made the onesies specifically how I wanted them. In the end it was $50 for a shortall+onesie set (when most places charge 25 or 30 dollars just for a onesie you know this is a great price).

• 1 month later...