• Waterproof pants
    • Plastic Pants
    • Rubbers
    • Snappies
    • Protective Pants
    • Gerbers
    • Overpants
    • Other

When I was growing up, diaper covers were something that went over your plastic pants or disposable that were different styles and such with designs etc. and were not water proof. Guess things change.

I call 'em diapers and plastic pants. :P I answered pullups on the second question, though that depends on the actual diaper in question. If it's adult sized, then definitely pullups. If they're actual Goodnites/Drynites, or a close copy thereof, then I'd call them Goodnites.

My parents always referred to my plastic pants as "pilchers" and nothing else - I thinks this may be an Australian thing... Cloth nappies (always terry towelling) and pilchers was what I grew up with.

Diapers and "plastics" for ME. They are DIAPERS, especially thick puffy cloth diapers which I prefer. Never knew real Playtex latex/rubber pants. Before MY time. Crinkly swishy Gerber plastic pants. My fiancee has trouble calling my diapers diapers, and prefers to refer to me as being "puffy" or "Mr. Puffy Pants". Hey, I'll take what I can get. At least I have her acceptance and can indulge myself whenever I want to, even in front of HER! I'm blessed! LOL

A rose by anyother name, well, you know how that goes. Or maybe not, as in different countries, even different geographic areas within a country, the same item may well have various names. And so goes the world.

• 2 weeks later...

I call them diapers and plastic pants. My wife doesn't like that though, so with her they are "my things"...

CDL

I can sympathise with that. My wife calls them thingies, and my "problem"

Ric2