• a Buddhist
    • a Mormom
    • a Scientologist
    • an islamist
    • agnostic
    • athiest
    • undecided
    • a Pagan

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

147 posts in this topic

I'm a Christian, but not one of those judgemental ones. In my belief, that responsibility is solely in the hands of who I believe in. There is a little hypocrisy in every organizied religion I've observed. Of course, my observations are limited: Roman Catholicism, Southern Baptism, LDS (Mormans), Thai Travada Buddists, Korean Baptists, Iraqi Sunni and Shia Muslems and few other smaller groups. Each have merits and each have shortcomings. In my mind, each is better than nothing, but that's just my opinion.

Aloha,

Honu

I am a Christian.. I am defently not judgemental though. I would also be counted as a Southern Baptist.

I'm a Buddhist; tho I wouldn't call my faith particularly "active". I like to live by Buddhist ideals; to live life for the purpose of bettering myself ~ and I do meditate quite often; but its more a self-hypnotic sort of trance than proper meditation I suppose :3

1 person likes this

WOW there are tons of Christian's and like No Scientology people. Its interesting.

I put agnostic.

Mormons are, in all ways, Christian. "Mormon" is not even the official name--it's the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Christ is the foundation of the religion and all of it's beliefs; the Book of Mormon's subtitle is, in fact, "Another Testament of Jesus Christ" and contains much scripture pertaining directly to Jesus.

I was raised Mormon. I'm atheist now, but I still have a lot of respect for Mormonism.

I've been an atheist all my life, and yes it is also true I am a scientist/engineer as can be deciphered from my avatar.

I am against organized religion due to its abuse. I think it is important to think for yourself and draw your own conclusions on life, rather than being told what to believe.

Born-again Christian. I don't take it too seriously though. I believe but don't mind what others think, as getting into arguments over it is pointless.

Athiest

The GODS you worship are steel.

At the alters of ROCK and ROLL you kneel

1 person likes this

I am a Mormon.

I'm Catholoc. Catholics and Christains are two very different things.

Ex-Catholic atheist. Been flirting with unitarians and quakers but never felt I could commit to their on-paper faiths.

EDIT: oh my god I was a member all the way back in my born-again days?!

Protestant Christian by choice. Converted in 2012.

I'm quite surprised that Christians lead the poll by a significant number, but seeing as that also includes Catholics, I guess it's not too hard to understand.

I learned to hate religion in school by being forced to learn about it

Problem with religions is that people read it the way they want and not the way its supposed to be read

Like with Muslims, its a peaceful religion, but it has been turned into something bad

So I have decided to be an Atheist 

The only God I believe in is Thor !  :P

1 person likes this

There seems to be a few missing.

What about Rastafarians or Pastafarians?

At the very least, there should be an "other" option to include the many minor religions.

Congregationalist - part of United Church of Christ - a healing joyful community without a hierarchy and doubts are welcome.  I'm very active in my church, the welcoming committee actually, which is my effort to be a DL in private and otherwise a functioning member of the community with regular friends.  An active program to fend off depression.

My favorite book on spiritual issues is Saving Jesus From The Church by Robin Meyer, which tells you I am very liberal.  Well, being a DL since age 7 or 8, with all the hiding and separation from peers that goes with it, or is that rebellion against authority, what else would you expect?

On May 25, 2015 at 8:13 AM, kevindhca said:

Pastafarians?

"Atheist" is already there. That would be redundant. 

On April-07-16 at 9:29 AM, erevu said:

"Atheist" is already there. That would be redundant.

Atheist is only defined by a belief there are no deities. Many people believe in something else, just not well defined. Trying to fit everyone into nice little slots will not work for everyone. Some will refuse to submit to your arbitrary labels.

Pastafarian is a movement created to highlight the tough to believe elements of religions. All hail the great spaghetti god. Get out the colander. If you told children a story like religion does, it would get you arrested.

The Rastifaris are an Ethiopian Christian based religion that features the spiritual use of cannabis.

No. "Pastafarianism" is a meme originated by atheists to mock organised religion. It is satire. Perhaps there are people soft-headed enough to take them seriously and thusly play into their hands, but I am not one of them. They are trolls and suckers, and deserve scorn and pity respectively.

Rastafarians do not concern me and I was not commenting on them. If they want to create a cult offshoot of Christianity or whatever to incorporate drug use, more power to them. I don't care. 

I'm a Christian, nice to see so many here.

I only know That I believe in one True God and his name is Jesus Christ.