• a Scientologist
    • an islamist
    • agnostic
    • athiest
    • undecided
    • a Pagan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Mormons are, in all ways, Christian. "Mormon" is not even the official name--it's the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Christ is the foundation of the religion and all of it's beliefs; the Book of Mormon's subtitle is, in fact, "Another Testament of Jesus Christ" and contains much scripture pertaining directly to Jesus.

I was raised Mormon. I'm atheist now, but I still have a lot of respect for Mormonism.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been an atheist all my life, and yes it is also true I am a scientist/engineer as can be deciphered from my avatar.

I am against organized religion due to its abuse. I think it is important to think for yourself and draw your own conclusions on life, rather than being told what to believe.

• 4 years later...

Ex-Catholic atheist. Been flirting with unitarians and quakers but never felt I could commit to their on-paper faiths.

EDIT: oh my god I was a member all the way back in my born-again days?!

I learned to hate religion in school by being forced to learn about it

Problem with religions is that people read it the way they want and not the way its supposed to be read

Like with Muslims, its a peaceful religion, but it has been turned into something bad

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On April-07-16 at 9:29 AM, erevu said:

"Atheist" is already there. That would be redundant.

Atheist is only defined by a belief there are no deities. Many people believe in something else, just not well defined. Trying to fit everyone into nice little slots will not work for everyone. Some will refuse to submit to your arbitrary labels.

Pastafarian is a movement created to highlight the tough to believe elements of religions. All hail the great spaghetti god. Get out the colander. If you told children a story like religion does, it would get you arrested.

The Rastifaris are an Ethiopian Christian based religion that features the spiritual use of cannabis.

• 7 years later...