LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Should We Start Ab/dl Awareness?

There has been gay awareness and autism awareness and I'm sure others too. Why not AB/DL awareness. We can start going out and trying to get people to understand we are not pedophiles, we are not child molesters, we don't want to have sex with children, we don't like child molesters either, we are normal people who have normal lives and we have jobs and some of us are married and have kids. We don't involve children in our fetish.

What do you guys think?

I can just picture the AB gathering here marching in AB clothes and holding up signs and carrying a bottle and pacifier and doing the march, my boyfriend says he be too embarrassed to do that. I'd like to hand out brochures of AB/DLs and go to forums and websites and posting links about the AB/DL community hehe.

And more people accepts gays and lesbians because of the awareness they have spread. Maybe we should do the same? Grin But I'm always afraid if we do that, we might make it worse because people might think more worse of us.

I think it be cool if there was AB/DL festivals like there is with gay festivals.

Spokane girl, your idea of marching in the streets with signs is a bad idea it would just make us look bad and serve no point. However, your other suggestions rock. I do think we should spread more awareness about the truth to ab/dl's. I think we should also spread the word that there are people who have serious medical problems that cause them to unfortunately wear diapers and to say that people should just treat them normally.

The reason we should do this is because baptists are talking crap and spreading lies about our life style. I'm not sure if its a small sect or not but they're saying we're child mulesters and perverts. Luckily they're only saying it online. There for we should keep it online.

By marching on the streets like the gays and lesbians we are allowing the religious right to add fuel to the fire of hate and stereotyping. If I didn't know any gays in real life and judgethem solely on their gay pride parades I would think they were freaks with nothing better to do but march around and annoy people. Ferthur more the late Jerry Farwell used gay pride parades against gays and made up lies about them. I think we should blog about what makes us who we are and help outsiders who are dating people in our community understand their partners life style or fetish. If one day we're talked about on the news I believe we should write into the news station that is doing the reporting and tell them our own two cents when it pertains to us as individuals. These fetishes or lifestyles we have I believe are our own thing and for one person to come and speak for all of us would be insane.

The reason I think we should also try and spread awareness about people who're medicly incontinent is because I have read a few forms where people my age, around their late teens early 20s have told their boy friend/ girlfriend they're incontinent and the partner freaked out like that person was a freak because they have a medical problem. The goal of spreading the word is to have a society where if someone finds out that their friend or partner is incontinent they would be aware that there are people out there like that and would treat them no differently then before.

Happy Holidays to you all

.. If one day we're talked about on the news I believe we should write into the news station that is doing the reporting and tell them our own two cents when it pertains to us as individuals.

GREAT IDEA! If as a community we responded to a "news" item such as reported here in DIAPERS IN THE NEWS, then by one newspaper or incident at a time we can spread the "good word" about diapers. Of course, whomever responds might want to refrain from sounding inanely infantile.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

A prefered activity should not be a ticket to special treatment. What you wear at night or under your own clothing is your business.

The same goes for sexual preference. What you do, in your own house is your business. It does not have to be transmitted to the rest of the world.

I have never been discriminated against because I wear diapers. In fact it would be illegal based on the Americans with Disabilities Act.

To my knowledge, it is illegal to harass or discriminate against anyone based on sexual preference.

Spokane girl, your idea of marching in the streets with signs is a bad idea it would just make us look bad and serve no point. However, your other suggestions rock. I do think we should spread more awareness about the truth to ab/dl's. I think we should also spread the word that there are people who have serious medical problems that cause them to unfortunately wear diapers and to say that people should just treat them normally.

The reason we should do this is because baptists are talking crap and spreading lies about our life style. I'm not sure if its a small sect or not but they're saying we're child mulesters and perverts. Luckily they're only saying it online. There for we should keep it online.

By marching on the streets like the gays and lesbians we are allowing the religious right to add fuel to the fire of hate and stereotyping. If I didn't know any gays in real life and judgethem solely on their gay pride parades I would think they were freaks with nothing better to do but march around and annoy people. Ferthur more the late Jerry Farwell used gay pride parades against gays and made up lies about them. I think we should blog about what makes us who we are and help outsiders who are dating people in our community understand their partners life style or fetish. If one day we're talked about on the news I believe we should write into the news station that is doing the reporting and tell them our own two cents when it pertains to us as individuals. These fetishes or lifestyles we have I believe are our own thing and for one person to come and speak for all of us would be insane.

The reason I think we should also try and spread awareness about people who're medicly incontinent is because I have read a few forms where people my age, around their late teens early 20s have told their boy friend/ girlfriend they're incontinent and the partner freaked out like that person was a freak because they have a medical problem. The goal of spreading the word is to have a society where if someone finds out that their friend or partner is incontinent they would be aware that there are people out there like that and would treat them no differently then before.

Happy Holidays to you all

As a DL I'd like to promote the fact that not all diaper wearers are AB. Let's face it, no one knows that there are people who enjoy wearing diapers without wanting to pretend to be a baby. In the media all we ever hear about are diaper lover = adult baby. In fact many incontinent people that aren't DL's are worried to come out of the closet because they might be labelled as an Adult Baby.

This is not a knock on AB's instead it should be seen as a concern to try and promote there is a large percentage of the diaper wearing public that are not AB's.

Wow. The redneck is right. . . . That's crazy, but, . . Yeah, he's right.

It always seems like we're 'battling' society and their views of us, but I suppose if 'we' as individuals just felt a little bit of 'individual' pride, it might solve alot of the perceived issues some of us have with the rest of the world. It's a nice ideal that we could live in a world where everyone is free, but, it holds too many dynamics; we'd all be seeing things that we'd rather not, even if they were perfectly legal. I bet someone out there wants to wear a chicken carcass as underpants while walking a ferret on crystal meth. (Huh, I suddenly wanna goto LA)

Just because you CAN jump up and say "Hey! Look at me! I EXIST! DO NOT IGNORE ME!!", doesn't mean that we should. I think society is way more of accepting of us than we are of ourselves, but since many of you haven't had the fucking cajones to 'come out', you'll never know, and you WILL be regarded as a pervert. Just because someone doesn't know your secret, doesn't mean they don't know you have one.

People are perceptive, and are more aware than we give them credit for.

One thing I'm thinking about right now is how the homosexual 'movement' all started. I suppose at one point in time there was a small group of people who shared feelings of being different and outcast because of their adoration of the same sex. And what do you know? Years later, they out marching the streets because they NEED people to know. Of course, there were reasons at the time --mostly discrimination and hate crimes. I don't know about you, but I've never been in a fight, or gotten beatup by a group of guys at a bar just because I act like a toddler. I've never been threatened or harassed because I'm an AB. I've never known anyone who's DIED because they made the choice to live a different life for their own happiness --except for homosexuals. There have been burnings, lynchings, countless beatings, hook-you-to-a-truck-and-drag-you-until-you're-dismembered crimes committed by folks who were barely human to begin with.

Until AB/DLs as a group start to experience these kinds of senseless acts, we do not have the RIGHT to march in the streets for awareness of our lifestyle.

"Until AB/DLs as a group start to experience these kinds of senseless acts, we do not have the RIGHT to march in the streets for awareness of our lifestyle."

I've been spat on, on a city bus. Does this give me the right to march? All by myself? Besides, I march every day. Just going about my daily affairs.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

(Don't let the bastards bring you down)

Iunno because then there might be BSDM awareness, social workers awareness. People who like to have their feet tickled awareness, etc , etc. Is there point to have awareness of a sexual fetish? What you do in your private home should be your concern only. I wear diapers and enjoy it quite a bit. By all means I have no desire though to run up and down the street declaring it for all to hear even if I do have pride in it. It makes no difference to me if society recognizes us as positive or negitive because no matter what im not gonna be struting around town in nothing but a diaper and t-shirt.

As a DL I'd like to promote the fact that not all diaper wearers are AB. Let's face it, no one knows that there are people who enjoy wearing diapers without wanting to pretend to be a baby. In the media all we ever hear about are diaper lover = adult baby. In fact many incontinent people that aren't DL's are worried to come out of the closet because they might be labelled as an Adult Baby.

This is not a knock on AB's instead it should be seen as a concern to try and promote there is a large percentage of the diaper wearing public that are not AB's.

Actually, people outside our little circle don't give it much thought. Most don't have a clue it even exists. They've got lots of their own worries and secret fetishes to think about. How often do you think about people who have a shoe fetish or like insects crawling on their genitals? Probably only when some strange media story pops up and shoves it in your face for a minute. Then you most likely think, "ooh, weird!" and go back to thinking about what you need to get at the grocery store. The only people who make distinctions between AB and DL are members of the AB/DL community. If it's shoved in the face of joe public they are not going to make a distinction about why you wear a diaper unless you happen to have a valid medical reason for doing so.

Getting back to the original topic ... gay awareness and autism awareness are not even remotely similar to being AB/DL. For most of us, it's a fun little pastime that we indulge in now and again. There is no need to shove it in the faces of strangers. People are free to do whatever turns them on as long as it doesn't endanger anyone else. Not everyone wants to hear about what other people do in the privacy of their homes or what they might be wearing under their Levis.

Getting back to the original topic ... gay awareness and autism awareness are not even remotely similar to being AB/DL. For most of us, it's a fun little pastime that we indulge in now and again. There is no need to shove it in the faces of strangers. People are free to do whatever turns them on as long as it doesn't endanger anyone else. Not everyone wants to hear about what other people do in the privacy of their homes or what they might be wearing under their Levis.

i know that if the guy next door has some weird little fetish....as long as it's legal and doesn't bring harm to any being..........i just don't want to know........and i doubt that he wants to know that i get my kicks from wearing a diaper......it's just not necessary

and as pipsqueak pointed out.........having a fetish isn't at all comparable to being gay or having autism.......

There has been gay awareness and autism awareness and I'm sure others too. Why not AB/DL awareness. We can start going out and trying to get people to understand we are not pedophiles, we are not child molesters, we don't want to have sex with children, we don't like child molesters either, we are normal people who have normal lives and we have jobs and some of us are married and have kids. We don't involve children in our fetish.

What do you guys think?

I can just picture the AB gathering here marching in AB clothes and holding up signs and carrying a bottle and pacifier and doing the march, my boyfriend says he be too embarrassed to do that. I'd like to hand out brochures of AB/DLs and go to forums and websites and posting links about the AB/DL community hehe.

And more people accepts gays and lesbians because of the awareness they have spread. Maybe we should do the same? Grin But I'm always afraid if we do that, we might make it worse because people might think more worse of us.

I think it be cool if there was AB/DL festivals like there is with gay festivals.

I think the best route would be to become established well within the Fetish community. I believe a couple of info websites would be cool. It would also be good to have some supportive folks within the social sciences. Focus on a couple things would be good. One would be ageplay, diapers as a "sex tool" an extension of watersports, and infantilism.

To do this many more of us have to respond to public ridicule of people wearing diapers. That means if a newspaper or a TV program runs a negative story or movie or show, we send a letter or email expressing our concern. I do this on my own now and i suspect more do. The trouble is far too many in the AB/DL communities would be too scared to do this, ie put their name on a letter about diapers. And its my guess that lots of people in ab/dl communities would "shun" and condemn those of us that do speak up as it could bring attention to the issue.

It reminds me of the earlier gay rights battles. So many gay men discriminated against drag queens saying they would not serve us well. many just wanted to stay in the closet and did not want anyone to raise a fuss.

I am working on a ab/dl safer sex leaflet. It will be funded by a government. When done i will be posting it for all to see.

I am willing to work with people that want to take action. An bunch of emails to the producers of csi for a lousy portrayal of an adult baby would have effect over time.

ricky

I think the best route would be to become established well within the Fetish community.

ricky

While I have never considered my lifestyle to be a "fetish", I'm inclined to agree with you on this point, Ricky. I attended my first "fetish" event here in Arizona two weeks ago. My Mommy and Daddy dragged me along (kicking and screaming), but we had a great time. Networking is the key here. I met interested people from all over. Montreal, Hamburg, Dallas, Kyoto, etc. There is definitely a "buzz" happening concerning the ABDL scene in the fetish crowd. Mostly younger people. But the interest is definitely there.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn

While I have never considered my lifestyle to be a "fetish", I'm inclined to agree with you on this point, Ricky. I attended my first "fetish" event here in Arizona two weeks ago. My Mommy and Daddy dragged me along (kicking and screaming), but we had a great time. Networking is the key here. I met interested people from all over. Montreal, Hamburg, Dallas, Kyoto, etc. There is definitely a "buzz" happening concerning the ABDL scene in the fetish crowd. Mostly younger people. But the interest is definitely there.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn

awesome! I am not saying ab life is a fetish. DL is a fetish for sure and AB can be too for some people.

Staring in the fetish world is cool as it has people generally predisposed to accepting peoples differences.

I think that every AB or DL web site should contain some form of disclaimer stating that these activities have nothing to do with children. The world is full of perverts that would harm children. Too many people associate the AB or DL thing with child abuse. Many of us here are all too familiar with what child abuse is all about.

awesome! I am not saying ab life is a fetish. DL is a fetish for sure and AB can be too for some people.

Staring in the fetish world is cool as it has people generally predisposed to accepting peoples differences.

I think that the whole pedophilia thing is yet another mass-media fear tactic. Those who ARE real pedos, and know it, know that ALL of us are on the lookout for them, and they keep their head down. There aren't as many pedophiles as we've been lead to believe. But I think we've been lead to believe that crucifying pedophiles is Patriotic and American. Yet another example of our country's self-righteous intolerant attitudes.

Of course, I'm not defending pedophiles, but I don't like the way we've been 'trained' to be suspicious of our fellow citizens. Sometimes you still have to believe that people were born GOOD, or at the very least, a blank slate.

There is a lot of bad stuff going on. Anyone, that does anything to harm a child in a perverted manor, deserves to be put away forever! Anyone that kills a child, deserves the death penalty!

There are a lot of these "perverts" out there. There is a show, on MSNBC where they entrap these perverts before they harm anyone else. The pervert is attracted to what he thinks is a minor on-line. When the pervert travels hundreds or thousands of miles to get sexually involved with a minor, law enforcement is there to grab them.

I think that the whole pedophilia thing is yet another mass-media fear tactic. Those who ARE real pedos, and know it, know that ALL of us are on the lookout for them, and they keep their head down. There aren't as many pedophiles as we've been lead to believe. But I think we've been lead to believe that crucifying pedophiles is Patriotic and American. Yet another example of our country's self-righteous intolerant attitudes.

Of course, I'm not defending pedophiles, but I don't like the way we've been 'trained' to be suspicious of our fellow citizens. Sometimes you still have to believe that people were born GOOD, or at the very least, a blank slate.

i work for an early childhood program.......and it breaks my heart to hear how many of the kids we deal with have been hurt in a sexual manner....and numbers are high...in classes of 17 children...i would estimate that there 2 out of every 3 classrooms has at least one child who's been abused in this way.......i could quote you stats but you've prolly heard em.........however, when a real child looks you in the face and says my daddy, uncle, neighbor etc...did something like that to them.......the statistics just don't really matter....one child who has gone through that is one to many......so am i suspicious........yes i am.........and nothing will change that....if you could truely ask all of the women you've known in your life... how many of them have experienced an inappropriate touch i'm afraid you'd be shocked.....it happens way too often.....

i believe people are born good too.........but unfortunately there are bad people who often come in contact with all those innocent lives......

There is a lot of bad stuff going on.

Yes there is. But aren't we getting a bit off-topic here? Pedophiliaphobia (as opposed to pedophilia), is alive and well in ABDL land. Of that, have no doubts. We find ourselves having to take defensive positions against a perceived public notion that somehow, we must all be pedophiles because we like wearing diapers. We're extemely sensitive about this subject. And, rightly so. But, it's not so much public perception as it is public ignorance. Ignorance breeds fear. Fear breeds hate.

Now doesn't it make perfect sense to educate the un-informed? By staying in the closet and keeping the general public in the dark about what we're about, merely perpetuates the myth that we're all a bunch of child molesters. Do we really want that? I think not.

Now, to bring this thread back on-topic, I think general public awareness is the path to our redemption.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)