LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I'm really sorry to hear you've had these bad experiences.

I also live in the UK, but when I shopped for diapers here, there were no diapers on the shelves in either Tesco, Boots or Lloyds, only pull-ups. I bought adult pull-ups and plastic pants from these stores and I have to say, I wasn't aware of any reactions from other customers or check-out staff. Maybe it's because I just didn't notice, and didn't care anyway!?

Obviously I'm not referring to the verbals and giggles you encountered (horrid :( ) but if you're embarrassed (as you describe) when you shop for these things, it's easy to be supersensitive and imagine that all the looks you get are related to what you're buying.

I'm not saying you're imagining people's expressions or behaviour, but maybe in some cases you could be misinterpreting them because of your own feelings?

I hope things gradually get easier for you on your shopping trips.

D :) lly

Werd. Don't look or act guilty. People sense it, no matter where you are. Although, here in the states I've never had anyone say ANYTHING to me when purchasing diapers from a drugstore or supermarket.

I think if you're getting that reaction, you're maybe waiting for it? Be conscious of yourself when shopping for nappies. I think the gravity of the situation gets a bit heavy and sends a headrush of sensations, so much so, you might not be fully aware of how you're appearing to others. So think happy thoughts.

had only one guy laff at me. looked him strate in the eye, then told him. it was a jurk like you on a cell phone that hit me on the motorcycle. its strange what your guts hanging off a car will do. he was with a nice looking gal. it shut him up realy fast.

my other line is, heck you sould try my job. on call and get 30 bucks a hour to drive to stores and pick up goods for a old folks home.

heck i have had the check out girls flirt with me.

Heh Sparkplug have you considered going to a "Medical Aids" supplier-they are usually just out of town on an industrial estate and most carry a fantastic range of Nappies-most will give you a few samples of every Nappy you would like to try and very importantly they are usually much cheaper than all of the well known supermarkets, you could actually get much more for your money and in a better quality.

Also the staff at these places have seen it all before and really don't give a damn-you are just another anonymouse customer who once out of the door will be forgotten! :o

Good luck and don't be embarassed lots of us HAVE to have Nappies in order to continue with daily life! :band:

Hiya,

Sorry you've been having a rough time, I know what that's like. But I really have to agree with the others - keep your cool. I almost always buy my diapers/nappies in store (because I'm poor too and urinary incontinence makes it hard to go without them), and I keep a level head...It's really not a big deal (heck, my friends are more embarassed than me on my diaper shopping trips! :P ). I haven't gotten teased/harassed in a long time. And, if people decide to look at me funny, I smile politely at them. Smiles always confuse people, hehe. :)

I've said this before, but a lot of it has to do with how you are acting when you buy diapers in a store. You may be acting nervous because you yourself know that you will be wearing the diapers or nappies that you are buying. No one else in the store will know they are for you unless they somehow get vibes from you or detect your nervousness. You are only 23 so this is a tip that might help you. Take a piece of paper and write the name and size of the diapers you are planning to buy on it. Also put the money you are going to spend on those diapers in an envelope and put that envelope in your pocket. It helps if you also need to buy a few other things for yourself at the same time. Anyway, act completly normal (or positive and bold, whichever is better) and when you go to buy the diapers take the piece of paper out of your pocket with the name and size of the diapers written on it and then look at the paper when picking up the package, as if you are making sure you are getting the correct ones. Don't hesitate or "look around" to see if someone is watching you. Just do it! Have confidence and be assertive! When you get to the check out counter, put any other items out first and ask that they be rung up separatly, then pay for them with money out of your wallet. Then afterwards put the diapers up, pull the envelope with the money out of your pocket and tell the clerk that you need the recipt. Put any change and the recipt back in the envelope and put it back in your pocket. Anyone will assume that you are running an errand for someone else and that you were given the money in an envelope to pay for their diapers. This won't work if you are nervous, looking around all the time and sweating! You have to be just like any other item you might buy in a store! You have to get past the apprihension and paranoia you have about buying diapers in public. I don't doubt that people have said things to you or laughed at you but you probably gave them some signs that you were nervous when buying your diapers and that most likely tipped them off as to the true nature of your diaper purchase.

One thing to add, though, that I think is important.

Here in America, I don't think something like that would happen all that often unless one makes quite a big production out of going to the store for diapers. You see, we're all pretty standoffish and non-confrontational. No one wants to run the risk of offending anyone, or inciting some violent response that could really mess up their day. So it's not that Americans are quiet in this situation, its just that we have enough respect for one another (based MOSTLY on fear) that we make the conscious choice to be tolerant, or else.

It's entirely possible, Sparkplug, that you might actually invite some of these looks, stares and comments because you enjoy the humiliation and embarrassment of buying diapers. Nothing wrong with it, lots of people enjoy different things, thats what makes this world a wonderful place to live! I live here in the states, and have purchased many, many times, and not one word was said, not a question asked, no weird looks. It's a fact of life, we all need to buy toilet paper to wipe our butts, tampons for menstrual periods, and diapers if we cannot control our bodily fluids. (Or, we simply enjoy the freedom of wearing) I have two favorite answers when someone asks me a question that is none of their business (Or, if anyone were to question why I needed to purchase diapers.) 1. "You tell me how it will benefit you to know what you just asked me"... and 2. "What, are you writing my biography?" Shuts them up every single time! Fortunately, here in the states, we have Self-Checkout registers, so even that problem has been eliminated.

Ive bought diapers a few times at walgreens and got a weird look once. I guess its weird for a 19 yr old to be buying "adult diapers". Anyway I actually enjoy the unknown when buying diapers, because the cashier doesnt know if the diapers are for you or not so they wont say anything but will probably wonder. They really dont care though. I dont need to write on a sheet of paper to make it look like its not mine. I just go and get them and get rung out.

I've said this before, but a lot of it has to do with how you are acting when you buy diapers in a store. You may be acting nervous because you yourself know that you will be wearing the diapers or nappies that you are buying. No one else in the store will know they are for you unless they somehow get vibes from you or detect your nervousness. You are only 23 so this is a tip that might help you. Take a piece of paper and write the name and size of the diapers you are planning to buy on it. Also put the money you are going to spend on those diapers in an envelope and put that envelope in your pocket. It helps if you also need to buy a few other things for yourself at the same time. Anyway, act completly normal (or positive and bold, whichever is better) and when you go to buy the diapers take the piece of paper out of your pocket with the name and size of the diapers written on it and then look at the paper when picking up the package, as if you are making sure you are getting the correct ones. Don't hesitate or "look around" to see if someone is watching you. Just do it! Have confidence and be assertive! When you get to the check out counter, put any other items out first and ask that they be rung up separatly, then pay for them with money out of your wallet. Then afterwards put the diapers up, pull the envelope with the money out of your pocket and tell the clerk that you need the recipt. Put any change and the recipt back in the envelope and put it back in your pocket. Anyone will assume that you are running an errand for someone else and that you were given the money in an envelope to pay for their diapers. This won't work if you are nervous, looking around all the time and sweating! You have to be just like any other item you might buy in a store! You have to get past the apprihension and paranoia you have about buying diapers in public. I don't doubt that people have said things to you or laughed at you but you probably gave them some signs that you were nervous when buying your diapers and that most likely tipped them off as to the true nature of your diaper purchase.

This is EXACTLY what I was going to say. You just have to think nothing of it. I know it's NOT like buying milk and bread, but you have to make it that way. Disassociate IT with you and think of it as for someone else.

I'd also look to a speciality store, rather than the general supermarket, Wal-Mart like place by the sounds of it.