LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Mimi's Struggle

Again, I love your work! I can completely relate to the: AH! JUST ONE MORE ROUND!! mentality that Mimi developed during the game. Ah, the memories it evokes..... :D

Thanks for the nice comments guys (still waiting for some ego-stroking questions though :P )

hmm.....

Pink... how are you so brilliant that you can write such a wonderful story? :angel_not:

I really loved your story, but I REALLY HATE her mother so much. I mean, what mother constantly ignores her child. Eventually, that girl is going to lash out after years of being pushed aside. Perhaps, you should have a chapter about that? Have it where the girl is just so fed up that one day, she snaps. Make it so the mother doesn't know what happens and gets a wake up call. It would serve her right.

I'm so thankful that my parents did not act like that. I'm also so thankful that when I felt I wanted my independence, it was given to me. Never was I forceably led by the hand all around the house because I had a problem, well MULTIPLE problems, and never was I humiliated. I was always encouraged, which is probably the reason I had so many friends as a child. I did not have all that bullying in school like a lot of special needs kids have. Of course, I was an still am a firecracker, and those kids would be put in their place by me if they tried anything. But, I'm thankful for my parents. This mother needs a life! I hope you do decide to make that girl flip out. I mean, that's what I'd do if I were being ignored, and it would be so drastic that the mother would feel like she could not even control me let alone discipline me for the episode. If she tried disciplining me, it would just make it hell for her. Ignore me and you'll pay. That is what I'd want to instill in her, so she'll never even think of doing that again for a millisecond.

Well done. Keep up the good work. I love it all.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting. I like your style, and it is a great pleasure to find someone who can write good English with correct punctuation. It makes it so much easier to read.

Do you draw these situations from your own personal experience?

Do you draw your characters from personal experience, or do you let them develop themselves from a general stereotype?

Do you develop the whole plot line before you start writing, or do you let your characters take over sometimes, and take the plot line where they will?

I notice that you use the American terms; is this deliberate marketing? Do you steer your plots according to your own preferences or do you try to satisfy a particular interest?

I look forward to your further offerings.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I do draw some situations from my personal experience, but obviously nothing is 100%. I wouldnt want anyone thinking that I have a scarred past or something! I think if I'd have started the story further in the past with a bit more context then it would explain a lot more and maybe the whole situation wouldnt seem so drastic, but I wanted to leave all that out on purpose to change the story entirely and get a whole wider range of responses from people reading it.

Unfortunately, as Im not a particularly creative writer all of the characters are based heavily on people I know and very often on myself. Readers may be able to see a lot of similarities between my characters from different stories because even though I'd like to make them independant, I start having them think like I would think and so the stories quickly become very personal. This is true more so for My Best Friends House than Mimi's Struggle.

I never plan my stories more than one chapter ahead so they tend to develop at quite a slow pace I think. This is also why each chapter usually has one kind of theme or main event because I want to get my new idea down before I finish. (This is also why I can take so long to update...)

Finally, I use American terms even though Im from the U.k because I think its fairer on the majority of readers. I've known a lot of Americans who say they arent interested in British terminology but most people from the U.k aren't bothered by American terms so I think it just makes it more accessible. If I were to deliver the story orally though it would certainly be different!

Pink x x x

Well this American enjoys reading stories with British terminology so you don't have to do so for me. A couple of the terms gave me a moments difficulty to figure out, but even in this country we have a lot of variations of terms. I've been to most states and gotten food or drinks from restaurants that weren't close to what I really wanted because of this. I think it helps make this world one big happy family to be able to understand one another. Therefore, I would suggest the next story you use your native terms and we will figure it out by usage.

I do appreciate the effort you make to "translate" the work into Murrican. I'd probably understand it even if it were still in British, but that effort makes it much easier to follow.

I remember you had a few stories way back in the day that were untranslated. For a while I thought someone was copy/pasting your work, changing the words into Continental English, and then posting 'em. Then I realized it was Pink Nappies herself and abruptly felt like a bit of a douche.

"Two nations divided by a single language" but less so now that it used to be. Hollywood, business and the internet have generated the "Anglosphere" in which variations seem to be damping out. There are still pitfalls in things like "Hood" (Bonnet) and "Trunk" (Boot) of a car, but most can be ironed-out by using the edit/replace function on a word-processor (processer)! It can be quite fun, especially looking at the word-count. As a general rule, the higher the frequency of "Diaper" the poorer the story - the fetish has got in the way of the plot. There is something to be said for using the basic design criteria of Honesty of Construction, Truth to Materials, and Fitness for Purpose. Altruistic children seldom ring true, stupid, simplistic old people likewise, unless they are senile. "Cunning" always plays well.

I try very hard not to base the characters on myself, because the drama is generated from the contrasts in those characters, and if they are all me they would all be very wise(!) and very boring. I prefer to start with something like a matchstick figure, and then fill them out and colour them. After a certain point the characters take over and write themselves, and argue with each other, which saves me a lot of effort. Usually I find something to like in them, since very few people are deliberately evil, but weaknesses can drive people as easily as their strengths. The one thing I can't do easily is stupidity - it makes for a very shallow character of no literary use.

I enjoy your work; please carry on!

• 5 weeks later...

great story! keep it going!

one thing though. wouldn't letting go in her diapers all the time cause her to become more accustomed to it and have the opposite effect, even if she is holding it longer? Also since she is no longer waking up at night to hold it or go to the bathroom so she will still have bedwetting.

I suppose the idea is that she is trying to maximize the time she spends holding it. She seems to be getting lazy, though. It might be more believable if there were something in there describing how before each accident she holds it as long as she can. I'll be interested to see where this one goes.

1: Thread gets bumped.

2: I check thread.

3: :(

3b: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I definetely agree with that.

Write more.

Soon. :angry:

Im sorry, but im addicted to your stories. A little update on Amy and Mio would also be a great late christmas present.

• 1 month later...

Chapter 10

Mimi’s alarm rang loud and clearly for about five seconds before she whacked it several times to get it to shut up. Eventually she hit the off button which meant she could go right ahead and ignore it like she usually did. The whole alarm procedure was a little bit superfluous because her mother would always come in and wake her up with a diaper check anyway, but it was just one of those little things Mimi liked to do to fool herself that she was somehow in control of her own life. Like any normal teenager she didn’t need her mom to wake her up, just like she didn’t wet the bed or need diapers.

The fact that she was currently dry only proved one out of the three, and only to an uninformed observer, because at this point Mimi woke up from her snooze.

“Huh?” she mumbled, having not quite heard the result through her semi-sleep stage.

“I said you’re all dry this morning.” Her mother reiterated, adding a “good girl” for added effect.

Waking up dry was always a proud moment in Mimi’s day, though this time it was a little unsurprising since she had wet right before bed time the night before. Still, she had to cling on to the small victories.

“Thanks mom, I tried really hard.” She said, as her mom began the dry reward routine and reached for the tapes of her diaper.

Little did Mimi know just how small her victory really was, because instead of un-taping her so that she could be out of diapers for a while like normal, her mother simply checked the tapes to make sure they were still snug before tugging at the leg gatherings for good measure. Finally, she pulled her pyjamas back on over the top, sealing the situation. Mimi was being denied her much deserved out of diapers time.

“Come on, let’s go down for breakfast honey, you don’t wanna be late for school.”

Like today was any different from every other day, Mimi thought. What does she think I’m gonna do?

Her mother stood waiting in the room with Mimi still in bed, half contemplating going back to sleep out of spite. It was a stupid idea she knew, as it would only be her who suffered if she was late. Still, she had a few moments to gather her thoughts; after all she had just woken up.

So she was no longer allowed her usual panties, just like the day before. Not that it was such a big surprise; after yesterdays antics she fully expected the same result, and she had lost all incentive to stay dry at night anyway. It just happened to be a coincidence that she was dry this morning, but at least it now confirmed it – there were going to be no more opportunities for underwear until her plan was seen through. She had to be fully committed to the cause if she ever wanted freedom again, which ironically meant redoubling her efforts to use her diapers. Even though she had been checked and found dry not two minutes ago, Mimi decided to wet her diaper before she got out of bed. Her mother had other plans however, and proceeded to lift the lazy teen onto her feet having figured that she’d already spent long enough lounging around in bed. Mimi’s concentration was obviously elsewhere so she couldn’t react, only hoping that her mother didn’t notice she was still wetting even as she was led out of her room by the hand. It was all she could to grab her glasses on the way out.

Breakfast time felt like it always did to Mimi, since now she was in a wet diaper being dragged around like some kid. Her father had already left for work as he sometimes did, which didn’t make Mimi feel any happier. She didn’t care that Ally was also sitting at the table anymore, her diapers were never coming off and so there wasn’t a great deal extra to feel embarrassed about. Not that the annoying brat’s stares weren’t getting on her nerves…

A ten minute rush later and all breakfasts were finished and cleared away, leaving Mimi with the inevitable drag back to her room to be changed. She knew it was coming, so same as always she quickly left the table and headed for the stairs, expecting to be intercepted at any moment by her mother.

Mimi had already made it half way up the stairs before she realised that she was still alone and with the full use of both her arms. Her mother was probably waiting upstairs… or not, she realised as she closed her bedroom door behind her. What was going on? She couldn’t remember the last time she’d had breakfast in a diaper without having it taken off immediately after. Should she wait in her room? Should she just ignore it and get dressed for school as normal? Should she take her diaper off herself?

And then it hit. The standard routine went like this: taken to breakfast, eat, taken to her bedroom, diaper off, get ready for school, go to the kitchen, have pull-up put on. By that routine she would be without any kind of diaper for at least two stages of the morning. Obviously with her mothers new “never without protection” kick that wouldn’t be acceptable. She was clearly supposed to stay in that diaper until the last possible moment when she would have it taken off for her pull-up. Retarded, she thought, but at least it made sense and she could just get ready for school as normal.

“Hurry up Mimi, we’re going to be late!” Ally chimed like a broken record. Why was everyone so obsessed with them being late? They walked to school for god’s sake, and at a push they could run it in half the time so there was never any real danger. Today was particularly ridiculous, as Mimi had made absolutely sure she was down and ready to go earlier than usual. In Mimi’s mind this was just one more piece of evidence that her sister was just out to purposely annoy her.

“Come on.” Her mother called, gesturing for Mimi to come closer. She reluctantly obeyed; slightly annoyed that she would have to reveal a wet diaper in front of Ally. If she would have known that the routine was going to change she might have thought twice about wetting earlier. Probably not though, she realised.

Mimi waddled over to where her mother stood waiting, but something didn’t seem quite right. She had been spun her around so that her mother could put the spare pull-ups in her back pack, which was normal she guessed, but usually that came after she’d been put into one first. Now that she thought about it, had the pile of pull-ups that always sat on the table been the same? She hadn’t looked properly before having to face the other way, but somehow, things felt different.

“Off you go then.” Her mother said. Looking at the kitchen clock she added, “Maybe you can be early for once and surprise everyone.” Ally rolled her eyes at her mother’s lame attempt at humour then walked towards the door. Mimi followed slowly to give her mother a chance to realise her obvious mistake, but she stopped when it looked as though her mother was about to leave the room. A small edge of hope arose inside her; for as long as she could remember her mother had never forgotten once. Maybe she was finally being allowed to put her own pull-up on?

She wanted to be sure. “Erm, mom?” she squeaked.

“Hmmm?” she responded, only half stopping. “Everything o.k?”

“My pull-up.” Mimi stated matter-of-factly, confident she needed no further explanation.

“Oh, I see.” Her mother answered, turning about face and returning to the kitchen. “I suppose I should really have mentioned it first, though I was hoping you’d understand yourself.”

Mimi had no idea what she talking about, though her mother’s cryptic reasoning was nothing new.

“I think I have an idea...” She said trying to show optimism but at the same time wanting clarification.

“That’s a relief. I was worried you hadn’t noticed.”

Noticed what? Mimi thought, even more unclear about what was happening than before. After a few seconds of awkward silence waiting for her mother to continue, she decided to voice her confusion.

“Um, noticed what?”

This time it was her mothers turn to be surprised. After all, Mimi had just admitted that she had an idea what was going on.

“Why you’re wearing a diaper to school. You understand, right?”

“What?” That wasn’t good news. Being able to change her own pull-up, the only explanation that she’d given herself, was suddenly replaced by a much more obvious one.

“Oh dear.” Her mother sighed, realising that her daughter did not understand at all. She would need to explain quickly and diplomatically if she wanted to avoid a scene. “Yes Mimi, I’m putting you back into diapers for school. I think you know that it’s for the best but I should have said something sooner. I’m sorry if it’s such a surprise to you.”

In Mimi’s head it was and at the same time it wasn’t. Now that it was happening it seemed like such an obvious thing for her mother to do so she actually wasn’t surprised. It had just never crossed her mind that there was any chance it could happen, that her mother would actually do it.

“But I don’t need diapers for school.” She said desperately.

“Sweetie, I know it’s not your fault but you have been coming home very wet lately…” she cooed, hoping that Mimi would get the hint and just accept it without embarrassment.

“They were… accidents mom, that’s what the pull-ups are for, right?” she said meekly, hoping for the exact same thing from her mother. Of course neither were about to be granted their wish.

“Yes Mimi, but nearly every day is a lot to ask from pull-ups. You’ve been leaking a lot too.”

“Accidents!” Mimi repeated dejectedly, unable to think of a better response. Then one hit her, “And sometimes I run out… I just need more pull-ups.” hell she’d settle for taking a whole pack of pull-ups to school; it was better than wearing diapers.

“At first I thought that too, Mimi, and that it was my fault for not giving you enough, but yesterday you didn’t use all of your pull-ups and leaked worse than ever. Do you remember?” In truth the leaky pull-up was only one reason to put her back in diapers. She didn’t want to have to mention all the messy pull-ups she’d had to change after school, but would if she had to.

Fortunately, Mimi nodded her understanding.

She could not win this argument for a whole host of reasons, the least of which being that she was already wearing a diaper and so would be going to school in one whether she liked it or not. She tried to feel angry but was having a hard time feeling anything other than disappointment. After all, it was mostly her fault. She knew she had been good about sticking to her plan, and that was important, but she had also been careless about how she approached it. Turning up home soaked and loaded had seemed like a good idea at the time, but she’d never considered how it must have looked to her mom. Well, no use crying about it now, although she feared she probably would at some point.

“How long for?” she asked, hoping for something to work with, a supplementary goal.

“Maybe when your control gets a little better, then we’ll see.” Mimi had heard those words many times before and knew them to be her mother’s way of saying it probably wouldn’t happen. That did make her want to cry. But at least it strengthened her resolve, since the only way her control was going to get any better was if she continued her plan, which she was now more determined than ever to do. And on the plus side, being in diapers at school meant it would be easier to concentrate on it.

The silence was once again long and awkward, but this time it was broken by Ally, who had been listening to the whole thing and had only just pulled herself together from excitement.

“Can we go yet?” she said innocently, masking the intense satisfaction she was feeling.

“Yes, you probably should.” She turned back to Mimi, “Since you already have your diaper on you can just get off. Goodbye girls, have a nice day.”

“See you later mom!” Ally said opening the door and stepping out. Mimi didn’t move. She stayed standing right in the same spot facing her mother, who, in light of everything that had just happened, thought Mimi might be ready to make a fuss about something.

“Everything o.k?” she said for the second time that morning. Only this time there was at least one less conversation that could result.

Of course everything wasn’t o.k. Aside from the fact that she was about to have the worst day of her life wearing diapers at school, she had, through a series of changes to the routine that she wasn’t aware of before hand, been “tricked” into wetting her diaper at a very inconvenient time.

“I’m wet.” She revealed.

“Already?” was all her mother would say. Not in the mood to beat around the bush, Mimi raised her skirt sufficiently to expose her wet diaper.

“Awww, honey” She coddled, now clear of the situation, “and after you did so well staying dry last night too.”

Mimi was led by the hand into the front room followed by Ally, who had come back inside to see what the hold up was about.

“Good thing you’re a little early this morning.” Their mother remarked as she began to change Mimi’s diaper. “It’d be no good you having to change as soon as you got to school, right?” Mimi said nothing, which didn’t matter because her mother erupted into a new conversation almost immediately.

“Oh, I shouldn’t need to tell you this but I may as well remind you while we’re here. Of course you won’t be able to change yourself at school, so if you need a new diaper then you should go to the nurse’s office.” Pre-empting a negative reaction from Mimi, she added a bit more explanation. “Don’t worry about asking, she’ll help you - it’s her job. Or I guess you could always ask a teacher too if you think they wouldn’t mind.” She offered, figuring that kids these days must be a pretty close to their favourite teachers.

Mimi said nothing. Not an objection, not a complaint, nothing. It was just too ridiculous. She was fully prepared to dismiss everything her mother just said as though she had never said it. Mimi often thought her mother to be very sneaky with the way she found creative ways to make her suffer more than a normal teenager in diapers, but this wasn’t one of her better ideas. Firstly she obviously had never met the school nurse, or she would have realised that “she” was actually a “he”. Then there was the idea of asking a teacher. Sure there were plenty of kind teachers who, when she thought about it, she would rather have change her than her mom, but they’d probably laugh in her face at best or report her to the guidance councillor at worst. Indeed changing in the school bathrooms was going to be a royal pain and would probably need some thinking about, but her mother would never know if she was doing that instead. It was such an unreasonable idea that even Ally didn’t say anything. Sure it was funny to think of Mimi having to ask a teacher to be changed, but she doubted that anyone would go along with it and that there was no way her mother would be able to enforce it. Then there was always the possibility that people would start to think the whole family were weird…

“All done and ready for school.” He mom said upon finishing. “Try and keep this diaper dry if you can dear, but I’ve already put some extra diapers in your bag just in case.” She didn’t expect to get many dry diapers returned, making her whole speech a little bit arbitrary, but she figured it might give her daughter a little confidence all the same. Mimi muttered thanks and got to her feet, wincing as she tried to make sure her diaper was completely invisible under her skirt. She wasn’t a hundred percent convinced. Mimi had already assumed that her bag would be laden with diapers and had held a tiny hope that her mother would at least have bought her some slightly thinner ones to wear to school. Judging by the diaper she had just been put into however she was in no such luck. It was exactly the same absorbent diaper she always wore. Great. Some day this was going to be.

• Like 1

Chapter 11

Of course Mimi and Ally were on time for school – they were never late, despite the constant rhetoric that Mimi endured on a daily basis. She knew it was all just a giant conspiracy between her mother and Ally just to annoy her, like everything else in Mimi’s life. There was no other explanation for it. Ally would always wait for her, without fail, before going to school, complaining about how Mimi needing a diaper change meant they never left on time. Yet, as soon as they set off the two of them would barely walk near each other, let alone talk. If she was so worried about being late then there was nothing stopping her from leaving on her own, but Mimi had gotten tired of saying that a long time ago. And heaven forbid Mimi should ever complain about being late! Each time she did it was greeted with a “nonsense, there’s plenty of time to take forever embarrassing you with your pull-ups”, or something close to that effect. Not anymore though, Mimi sadly thought to herself, there wasn’t going to be any more pull-up routine for her in the near future.

Mimi’s self conscious nature was running on overload as she crept along the school corridors. She hadn’t thought it would be so bad, but she guessed that no amount of diaper wearing around her family could prepare her for social situations. Sure she’d been diapered in public before, but school was a different scenario – her relationship with her peers could make or break her daily life, and anything she did wasn’t likely to go unnoticed like it had at the mall. Mimi felt very alone and vulnerable; she wished that her mom were there holding her hand.

Mimi didn’t like bringing attention to herself on a normal day, but today she hung her head low even more and clutched her books close to her chest, hoping not to have to interact with anyone until she felt more comfortable. Most people would probably ignore her; she was just the shy nerdy girl, but her friends were likely to at least say hi, and there was always the chance that a popular girl might decide to start bullying her. It didn’t really happen at her school she knew, but if it ever did then she also knew that she would be an obvious target. Lastly, and most feared of all, there was always the incident that plagued girls just like Mimi the world over: the inevitable crash into the cutest guy in the school, spilling her books everywhere and knocking her to the floor. Even though it was an obvious cliché from teen movies, it had actually happened to Mimi more than once before.

The terrified teen eventually made it to her first class without incident, which wasn’t a lot to ask on her first day back in diapers she thought. There would be plenty of time for hilarious mishaps over the coming semester. At least she wouldn’t have to worry about leaks so much.

As the day went on, moving around the school started to seem like less of an issue. Between periods there was so much hustle and bustle that no one was likely to notice anything, even if they bumped right into her, and the give away crinkling noise was easily drowned out. In class was a little bit trickier. If it was particularly quiet, Mimi could hear herself rustling every time she shifted in her seat, though no one else seemed to care. She rationalised that it was just one of those things you would never notice unless you were looking for it, and she just had to get over her paranoia. She did fear having to stand and move anywhere during class though, because then all eyes would be on her. Fortunately, very few teachers ever made students get up unless they volunteered, and no one was going to pick on the shy girl.

However, being suddenly reluctant to even breath too loudly in class was causing Mimi some unforeseen problems. She had not been looking forward to having to change her diaper at school, and had decided beforehand that the best time would be during lessons. If she asked to use the bathroom right in the middle of a period then no one else would be in there, allowing her the privacy she needed. However, that was becoming less and less of a possibility as she realised just how much attention that would bring to her, especially if the teacher made a big deal out of it. That only left her with two options: to change during lunch or to abandon her plan altogether. The latter was not even up for consideration; she had come too far to quit now. If gave up then she’d likely never get out of diapers at school. Mimi was too far committed.

Despite spending most of the morning worrying, when lunch time finally came around Mimi was presented with a third, more favourable option. She had only wet once during the first half of the day and didn’t feel a great need to go again. Usually this would still necessitate a quick pull-up change but now that she was in diapers, it meant she had more time to work with. If she could make the same diaper last all day, she wouldn’t have to change at all and could wait until she got home. That was a much better idea, even if it did mean spending lunch with her friends in a wet diaper.

What difference would it make? Being in a wet as opposed to a dry diaper had just as many merits and flaws. From vast experience she knew that being wet made her diaper bulge slightly more and sag a little lower, increasing the chances of being seen. Obviously it made her more likely to leak too, though she doubted she was nearly wet enough to worry about that. On the other hand, wet diapers crinkled a lot less than fresh dry ones, so it was pretty much an even playing field.

As it turned out, no one at lunch so much as batted an eyelid. It was like any other lunchtime with her friends, which still meant she barely said anything. Mimi was definitely the quiet one of the group.

“Awww damn it. We’ve got physics next with Mr. Donovan haven’t we Mimi?” Cat announced as the bell rang, ushering them to class.

“Uh-huh.” Mimi replied. She actually liked physics, but would never admit it to her friend. Unlike most students, she also liked being on her own in classes; having her friends around only made her feel more self conscious. However, she was aware that not everyone was as pathetic as she was, so Mimi happily let Cat sit next to her in any classes they had together, which wasn’t that many.

“This is so boring!” Cat whispered as she turned the page in her text book, only to find it laden with as many numbers and diagrams as the previous one. Mimi wasn’t listening.

“I mean, I know physics is totally math stuff, but couldn’t they jazz it up a bit?”Cat often made such suggestions when complaining about subjects she didn’t like, which always invoked the same “I’m sure they’d love to hear your ideas.” response from Mimi, before she reluctantly let Cat copy her answers. But today Mimi didn’t say anything; she wouldn’t even look at her friend.

“Hey Mimi, are you o.k?” she asked with a little concern having seen the pained expression on Mimi’s face. “You don’t look so good.”

Mimi didn’t feel so good. Having decided only minutes before to not change at lunch so that she could keep the same diaper on all day, she was now struggling to stop herself from wetting her diaper for the second time. She was putting all of her effort into not letting go but she knew it wouldn’t last. She also knew that when it happened, she wouldn’t be able to wait until she got home for a change or she would almost certainly leak. Great plan stupid! She reprimanded herself. Now how am I gonna change?

Sure enough, moments later she was unwillingly wetting her diaper. Whilst being slightly proud that she had tried so hard to hold on, she was still more than a little annoyed at the poor timing of it. At least she could concentrate on the class again.

“Hello? Earth to Mimi. What’s gotten into you?”

“What are you talking about?” she said, knowing exactly what Cat was talking about.

“You totally spaced out for like five minutes! Are you feeling o.k?”

“Oh sorry, I was having a bit of a migraine… I’m fine.”

“I was starting to get scared. Maybe you should go to the nurse?”

“No!” Mimi exclaimed, a little too loudly for a physics class atmosphere. The mention of the school nurse while she was soaked brought up too many diabolical possibilities.

“Chill out weirdo, I just meant you could get out of the rest of class.”

“Kitty, you’re such a drop out.”

“And proud of it. Cant believe you’d let a good headache go to waste…”

The rest of physics went as well as could be expected; Mimi forgot about her diaper and Cat kept complaining, allowing them both to get as much work done as they usually did. By the time the bell rang though, Mimi was already packed up and ready to go. She had been waiting for it.

“I need to use the bathroom before next class, I’ll see you later o.k?” she said with her bag already on her shoulder. She had settled on a fourth and rather unreliable option; to change between classes. It would surely make her late to next period but hopefully not enough to attract too much attention as she walked in. It wasn’t like she had a choice – the end of the day was a long way off.

“Hey wait up Mimi, I’ll come with you.”Cat chimed.

“No, don’t…” Mimi said automatically. She’d been caught completely off guard, “I mean, er… you take ages to pack away so I’ll see you in there alright?”

Quick thinking, Mimi thought to herself as she dashed straight past the nearest bathroom, the one that Cat would surely go to thinking she was in there. It wouldn’t matter if she was a tiny bit late to next period, so Mimi was in no rush as she slipped into the girls bathroom on the next floor.

A few other girls were milling about when Mimi entered, some fixing hair or make-up and others doing what Mimi claimed to be doing but hadn’t done in a long time – actually using the bathroom. No one noticed her shuffle into a bathroom stall and none of them would notice when she didn’t come out before they left. Then she would have private time.

Finally, Mimi heard the door close for what she figured to be the last time. She hadn’t had to wait too long for everyone else to leave, so she waited another few seconds for good measure. Nothing but silence, at last she was alone. Class was about to start so no one else would be coming in any time soon, but even so Mimi didn’t want to be reckless on her first day so she took things very slowly, trying to make as little noise as possible. First she took a new diaper and everything else she would need from her bag and placed it on the small ledge in the cubicle. Trying to slide a diaper from her bag without it rustling was tricky, but she allowed herself some leeway as there was clearly no one else in the room.

Sitting down on the toilet seat, Mimi began to undo the tapes on her diaper one at a time, trying not to make the tell-tale ripping sound that diaper tapes are famous for. She had already taken a long time, and could probably have completed the whole diaper change by now if she hadn’t been trying to be careful, but she figured it was better safe than sorry. When the last tape was undone, Mimi lowered the front of her diaper away and prepared to stand up.

Suddenly, she heard the bathroom door open. Mimi froze, not wanting to make a sound. Great! She thought, now I’ll have to wait even longer.

“Mimi? You in here?” a familiar voice called out.

Damn it all, Cat was too good a friend and so had come looking for her. Mimi remained frozen in silence, hoping that Cat would give up and go try another bathroom. However, Cat noticed the looked cubicle door and wasn’t about to give up yet. Her best friend had been acting a little weird after all, maybe something was wrong.

“Mimi, is that you in the stall?” She called from a distance, not wanting to get too close in case it wasn’t her at all. Mimi still did nothing, but was starting to wonder just how far Cat was willing to go if she was convinced Mimi was in there. The longer she remained silent, the more suspicious she would look if Cat eventually found out it was her.

“Mimi, if you’re in here I just want to know that you’re o.k, that’s all.” Her voice sounded at lot closer now. Mimi cracked.

“I’m fine.” she said eventually.

“Oh thank God, I thought I was talking to a complete randomer!” Mimi heard the neighbouring stall door open and close as Cat went in. “What’s up Mimi, are you o.k?” she said from the other side of the wall.

“Yes, I’m o.k. Cant I get some privacy?”

“Well sorry, you were just acting weird is all, and then you went and hid from me.” Mimi felt a ping of guilt at having tried to trick her friend.

“Yeah, sorry about that… It’s um, you-know-what.” She said, trying to drop a conversation ender.

“Don’t think you can try that with me Mimi, I know it isn’t for another two weeks.” Damn! How could she know? Oh wait… Mimi thought as she realised that she knew exactly when Cat was due as well. Idiot! That kind of thing was totally best friend knowledge.

“I figured your migraine had come back…” Cat continued. Yep, that would have been the smart thing to say, Mimi realised all too late.

“But now I know there’s something wrong.”

“Cat. You’re my best friend but I want you to leave me alone right now, I’m fine.”

“You don’t sound fine… you don’t sound like you at all. Now you’ve got me worried.” Cat genuinely did sound concerned, which was only annoying Mimi more.

“Mimi, what are you doing in there? You can talk to me.”

“I’m not doing anything!” she snapped, wishing her friend would believe her lies.

“Really? Then I guess you wont mind me joining you then.”

Before Mimi could even figure out what Cat meant, her best friend climbed up onto the toilet seat and peered over the low cubicle wall. Turning to face the direction of the odd climbing sound, Mimi saw Cat’s head peeking over the divide. She immediately shot up from where she had been frozen, clutching her diaper from the front and back and holding it against herself.

As though she expected a useful response, Cat repeated “Um, are you o.k?” Mimi didn’t reply.

An intense silence hung in the cubicle while Cat took in the scene.

“Are you done?” Mimi reprimanded through rapidly forming tears. Immediately Cat’s head dropped back behind the wall, followed by the sound of her feet landing on the floor. Shortly afterward Cat heard the sound of Mimi’s soggy diaper also hitting the bathroom tiles, along with quiet sobbing.

“I’m sorry babe.” Cat managed, instantly regretting her choice of affectionate name.

Both girls remained in Silence for a long time, each wanting to speak but not be the first. Mimi of course wanted a chance to explain before things got out of hand. Cat was obviously curious but more than that she felt sorry for Mimi and wanted to comfort her in someway. She didn’t know quite how she would do it but still she broke the silence.

“Mimi-“

“Sometimes I pee…” Mimi immediately interjected. Even though there was a wall between them she still stared straight into the ground. She had already run through all the possible lies she could think of, and decided that her best friend wouldn’t believe any of them. Heck, she probably wouldn’t believe the whole truth if she tried to explain it.

“That’s cool.” was all that Cat could think of to say. “You should probably finish what you were doing…” she added, aware that Mimi had only stopped on account of her

A few seconds later Cat heard movement from within Mimi’s cubicle. Most of the sounds were obvious, and while it was going on she decided to step outside of the stall.

There was a short lull in activity coming from Mimi’s direction.

“Can I come in?” Cat asked.

After an awkward silence, the bolt keeping the door locked slid open. Cat stepped inside.

Mimi stood with her head at a ninety degree angle, her glasses in danger of falling off as she buried her gaze into the ground. Her skirt was hanging from the hook behind the door and her wet diaper still sat where it had fallen on the floor.

“You look cute.” Cat said, trying to be as helpful as possible. She realised that it probably wasn’t.

“Thanks.” Mimi replied sarcastically, still not wanting to look up. At least the atmosphere was breaking, with both girls feeling at least a little more comfortable.

“It sure explains a lot.” It sure did.

“It must seem really obvious now, huh?” Mimi looked up for the first time.

“Yeah, why you hardly ever hang out with us after school and never come to the sleepovers.” Lies flooded into Mimi’s conscience, of all the excuses she’d used over the years. Now she wanted to bring them all back up, to convince Cat that she was wrong, that her accidents were only happening lately because of stress…

She knew deep down that it would never work. The evidence was too heavily weighted against her. In light of all her past deception, Mimi expected her best friend to be hurt, or at least furious.

“I guess a stinky diaper would sure ruin the party.” Cat said, unhurt and un-furiously.

“I do not-“ Mimi began, but she didn’t even have to finish the lie, Cat did it for her.

“Sorry hun, I was just trying to make a joke. You know what Im like… sorry.”

“It’s o.k.”

“And before you say anything, of course I’m going to keep it a secret. That is, unless everyone knows except your best friend?” Mimi shook her head and smiled.

She couldn’t contain herself any longer and threw herself at Cat for the first proper hug she’d ever had from a friend. Cat was quite a bit taller, allowing Mimi to bury herself in her chest. All the time they’d known each other, Mimi had consistently shied away from contact, not wanting to risk her secret being discovered for the sake of affection. Affection that she so wanted.

Now that she was standing in a diaper, all her hard work was undone and holding back seemed pointless. Cat’s embrace slipped over Mimi’s diaper. It was acceptance. Mimi pressed herself against her best friend so hard that she thought she might burst. She was ecstatic to feel Cat squeezing back.

“I promise not to tell on one condition.” She said after a long and intense hug. “Even though you know your friends would not have cared, I’m not going to lecture you on why you didn’t tell us. I don’t know if I would have done either, and I think you’ve spent a long time hurting inside with so big a secret.” She didn’t know the half of it, Mimi thought, and even after all that had just happened, she would go back to keeping it all a secret from her in a heart beat.

“So I promise not to tell anyone, but only if you come to our next sleep over.”

• Like 2

No offence, but there was really no other way the story could go. Declaring that she would go to school in diapers and then skipping it altogether would make for a very poor story. So thanks for the suggestion but it was a little obvious and had already long been planned.

Girls are so lucky. They get to hug other girls and go into the girls bathroom. I've always wanted to go into the girls bathroom, but I can't because I'm a guy. I know this is way off topic, but Mimi being in the girls bathroom reminded me if that.

Chapter 12

“You’ve got to be kidding.” Mimi answered coldly. A sleep over? Was she crazy?

“Nope, now I know everything you have no reason not to.”

“I have every reason! And you don’t know anything.” This was at least true; there was a lot more to it than just seeing her wearing a diaper; a whole lot more.

“Oh come on, I really want you to be there for once!” Cat protested.

“No way.”

Mimi was having a hard time being convinced. More frustrating still, she wasn’t bowing to the unspoken threat of exposure. Cat needed to step up her game if she was going to get anywhere.

“Mimi, we talk about it you know; everyone thinks you don’t want to hang out with us.”

“I don’t!”

“You know what I mean. Yuko is convinced you don’t like her.”

“That’s silly. She’s like the nicest girl.”

“I know, but you’re always so stand-offish with her.”

“I… don’t mean to be.” Mimi felt a pang of guilt for all the times she’d ignored Yuko. She was always so chirpy and active and a little ditsy, like she could instigate a play fight at any moment. Obviously this made Mimi feel like her privacy was in danger.

“I can see now what’s been happening,” Cat said, not having to mention Mimi’s diapers since both of them realised that they were still hugging, “Yuko’s kinda sporty and you’re scared of being dragged into it right?”

Mimi nodded at what was clearly the truth. She was at least thankful that Kitty understood she wasn’t deliberately being mean.

“But Yuko doesn’t understand,” Cat said as though she could read Mimi’s mind, “she’s too cheerful to say anything but I think her feelings are hurt.”

“I just want a little bit of space. I didn’t think people took it so personally.”

“That’s why you gotta come.”

“But I couldn’t…”

“Why?”

“How can you say that? You know why.”

“Oh please! Even though no one will care in the slightest bit, you don’t have to tell the others if you don’t want to. No one will notice.”

“How can be so sure?” Mimi pleaded.

“You think we just walk around in our underwear? Believe me, it doesn’t happen. I already tried but no one else was into it…”

Even though she wanted to say it wasn’t funny, Mimi couldn’t help but stifle a giggle at Cat’s humour. She always did no how to lighten a situation, whether it was appropriate or not.

“What was that? Did I hear you laughing? Well if you really insist I can always ask again, I didn’t think you’d be into it but I guess if it means you’ll come over then I’m sure everyone else will be willing…”

“Oh stop it Kitty!” Mimi managed through laughter.

“Seriously though, you’ve got me on your side now. I can cover for you and everything.”

Mimi desperately needed an out, which wasn’t much of a problem since neither of them were really where they should have been as that moment.

“We should probably get back to class before we’re both done for truancy.” Mimi said, intentionally avoiding Cat’s demands and changing the subject.

“Meh, business as usual,” Cat dismissed, “but I guess little miss super nerd needs her study fix, right?” she checked her watch, “Yikes! We are late!”

“And we’re in the same class together, people are gonna think we were skipping!”

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll go on ahead and take most of the fall.”

“I can’t let you do that!”

“You have to; otherwise no one will believe me when I tell them that you weren’t feeling well and that I’ve been looking after you.”

“But that’s dishonest!” Mimi gasped.

“Oh really? Guess I’d better tell everyone the truth then, huh?” Cat said, lifting Mimi’s skirt from behind the door and walking out of the stall with it.

“Point taken!” Mimi shrieked, catching the skirt as Cat threw it back to her.

“Just give it a minute or so before coming to class, and try to look ill; no one should bother you then.”

“Thanks Kitty.” Mimi called out as her friend prepared to leave. Suddenly, Cat turned around.

“New rule!” She called out, “Call me Kitty again and next time you wont get your skirt back!”

It seemed that Cat’s little white lie had actually worked, since Mimi was able to slip into the class with only an “Are you o.k?” from Miss Yollie. She was a nice enough teacher. Of course Mimi had said that she was, and subsequently refused an offer to see the nurse. Again. Cat shook her head in disapproval as Mimi slid into the seat next to her.

“I hope you didn’t get too busted because of me...” Mimi whispered.

“Girl, quit worrying about it. You’ve been busted enough today for the both of us.” Mimi didn’t find that at all funny, in fact now that the initial adrenaline was wearing off she was starting to feel very uncomfortable around her best friend, like she was sitting in judgement. The feeling reminded her of how she felt around Ally.

“But if you must know, she tried to get bad ass on me but as soon as I ‘explained’ everything she couldn’t keep it going. It was actually quite satisfying to shut her up.” Mimi was relieved to hear that at least.

One more class before school ends, that’s all that she had to endure, one more class. Then she could run home and get away from her crazy feelings and back to familiarity. Right now she just wanted routine.

“Let’s meet up after school, o.k?” Cat hollered before they parted ways for final period.

“Sorry I cant.” Mimi refused, “And it’s not what you think. My mom actually does wait for me to get home; she’ll be worried if I hang around.” Besides the small lie of omission it was mostly true.

“She’s probably just protecting you. Call her and explain everything and I’m sure she’ll let you hang out with me.”

“It’s… not as simple as that.” Mimi said regrettably. She had hoped to avoid any more lies. “We do stuff together everyday after school. You see my dad works a lot and she needs a hand with chores and sometimes we have to go out and –“

“Alright, alright, I can take a hint. At least let’s walk home together then?” Mimi wished that Cat would just give her some privacy. Walking home time was her time. And, it was the most precarious time for her underwear too.

“But we live in opposite directions!”

“It’s o.k, we’ll walk to your house and then I can get the bus back. Please?”

“Sure, whatever. If you wanna take the long way to get home then be my guest.”

“Great! Even though I suspect you don’t want me there, I’ll see at the school gates after school.”

“It’s not like that, I’m just tired and a little overwhelmed you know?” But Cat was already skipping away down the hall, quite possibly having not heard any of it.

What was taking Cat so long? Mimi just wanted to go home and get away from the heavily social environment. She didn’t like standing around outside school because it brought attention from anyone who walked past, and worse still she was now messy. It was very strong grounds for leaving Cat and going home on her own.

“Hey what’s up?”Cat chimed as she casually strolled out of the school doors, waving goodbye to some boy Mimi didn’t know, “shall we get going?” Not so much as an apology or an explanation, Mimi thought.

For the first few minutes they walked home in pretty much silence, occasionally giving greetings to other students they passed who were also walking. This suited Mimi just fine since she could pretty much guess what Cat was waiting to talk about. Obviously she wasn’t quite in the mood.

Sure enough, once the migrating student populace had thinned out, Cat revealed her true intentions.

“Hey Mimi?” She said casually. Her diapered companion simply turned to her with a look of “yes?”

“More of an explanation please!”

Ugh, Mimi sighed. She had seen it coming but she hadn’t expected Kitty to be so blunt. Then again, she guessed they didn’t have much time to beat around the bush. Still, she knew there was no way out of it so she was prepared to be as dismissive as possible and only reveal enough to satisfy her friend’s curiosity. It would be very easy to make Cat feel incredibly guilty throughout the whole conversation, but Mimi figured that she was only trying to learn more. Cat was always trying to help, not that Mimi needed it, but still her intentions were probably good.

“Not a lot to explain I guess… I’m just not very well.” Of course, making her feel a little bit guilty would be o.k.

“Um, nothing serious I hope?” Cat really hadn’t prepared for that kind of an answer. She had been hoping for something a little bit more… well, scandalous. Not that she wanted to create a scandal, but everyone knows that the more dangerous a secret your friend tells you, the more they must trust you to have told you it. And that’s empowering.

“No, I kinda just wet myself. That’s it.” Mimi said matter-of-factly. “And er, I get tired a lot,” she added, realising that her fake illness would be better if it didn’t sound, well, fake, “and um, sometimes I feel really depressed.”

“So it’s like depression then?” Cat said obviously. Not a particularly well made up illness, Mimi thought, but she was willing to role with it.

“Yeah, I guess. But it’s a lot more complicated, so you can’t really label it as that.” She didn’t want cat believing it was something common, because that would risk her thinking it was o.k. to tell people. She could imagine it now, “everyone be nice to Mimi, she has depression!” was exactly the kind of thing Cat would do, and Mimi really didn’t need that.

“Oh, o.k. Well it sounds really complicated if you gotta wear diapers the whole time.” Again, Mimi hated hearing it put that way and wanted so badly to tell her that it wasn’t like that. However, she really didn’t want to make up any lies that she couldn’t maintain, like telling her she wasn’t always in diapers. Still, she needed something to raise her esteem a little.

“Yeah, I don’t always need them - but sometimes I can ‘go’ just like that, when I’m feeling certain ways, you know? So it’s mostly for just in case.”

“Oh o.k…” Cat said rather questioningly. She was quiet for a while as she looked to be pondering what she had just learned. Mimi waited anxiously to see if she was buying the story or not.

“But, if it’s not that often then why are your diapers so… er, much?” Cat said finally, punching giant holes through Mimi’s attempts at fabrication, “I mean there must be smaller ones out there. And I’m sure I’ve seen stuff in the store that looks almost like underwear. Like the pull-ups you see advertised on T.V for kids.” Mimi stared at the ground in thought, desperately trying to come up with a good answer. It wasn’t coming, and she knew that she looked obviously off guard. Cat picked up on it right away; she had been expecting an easy explanation, but since none were forthcoming she was starting to put two and two together. If Mimi were able to hear her friends thoughts, then she might have heard something a little like this:

Uh-oh, I’ve gone and put my foot right in it now! Good one ‘Kitty’ why did you have to go and embarrass your best friend? She obviously needs diapers more than she’s letting on, but you had to go and call her out on it. Why couldn’t you have just thought for a second before opening your big mouth? Her self esteem must be shot to pieces and you couldn’t even let her get some of it back. So what if you could see right through it, you don’t have to let her know! In fact, it would be better if you both secretly knew the truth but could keep up appearances. That’s what friends do for each other. Quick, think of something to say to get yourself out of this mess! It’s what you’re good at!

“Actually I guess what I just said makes no sense. That kind of stuff is for um, old people right? It wouldn’t work for an active young person very well. Thinking about it, I totally understand now.”Cat blurted, pleased that she had managed to keep talking long enough for her excuse to sound like real words. In reality, she figured it would probably be the opposite way around, but then if Mimi had always needed big diapers then she probably wouldn’t know that, right?

In reality, Mimi figured that it would probably be the opposite way around, but then if Cat didn’t know anything about diapers then she probably wouldn’t know that, right?

Both girls desperately wanted to move on or change the subject, but it was Cat who finally did so, albeit because she suddenly realised something else she may have been responsible for.

“Err… Question!” she announced a little awkwardly. “So like every time I jumped at you or tickled you, it probably made you, um…”

“Yep.” Mimi replied, not needing to hear the rest of the question.

“Ooops… Sorry!”

“You didn’t know.”

“And in physics today, that was totally you peeing!” Mimi shot her a glance that said she didn’t want to talk about it anymore. Fortunately Cat got the message.

“Sorry, it just seems so obvious now. You know, with everything.”

They both walked on in silence for a while as each friend, mentally exhausted from the conversation, thought about unrelated issues. Mimi didn’t live too far away from school so it wasn’t long before they reached the top of her street, which was coincidentally where the bus stopped.

“Guess I better wait here then.” Cat said, coming to a gradual halt.

“Yeah, the buses run pretty regular. It’ll be along soon.”

“Alright, I’ll see you later then.”

“See ya!” Mimi said, trying to hide her relief that she could finally get home. She was starting to smell.

“Oh, and Mimi?” Cat called before she could get away, “I’ll let you know about our next get together. It’ll probably be this weekend or maybe next. O.k?”

Mimi sighed.

“I’m not getting out of this, am I?”

“I’m afraid not.” Cat chuckled, “but I just want you to know that I realise this whole thing must feel harder for you than it looks to me. We don’t ever have to talk about it again if you don’t want to.”

Mimi thought long and hard as she prepared to walk away again.

“Maybe I’ll want someone to talk to… Catch you later Kitty!” and with that, she quickly paced towards her house.

• Like 2