LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Quickie: Plastic, Vinyl Or Rubber?

DailyDi

What kind of diaper covers do you prefer?  

316 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of diaper covers do you prefer?

• Pull-On
    • Snap-On
    • Plastic
    • Vinyl
    • Rubber
    • Cloth
    • See-Through
    • White
    • Colors
    • Prints
    • Lace
    • Bikini Cut
    • Full Cut
    • Boxer Cut
    • Bloomers
    • Nothing over my diaper!

I wear viynl, colored, pull-up style over my cloth diapers. I had the snap kind before a purge a while back and they have a tendency to leak. I like print style too.

I wear heavy plastic pants,the snappy type, in a white milky color, over my disposeable or a cloth. but I would like to try a pair of good rubber pants, something very durable, anyone know of a good supplier, Pm me please

I have worn cloth diapers, at night, for most of my life.

I wear plastic pants for a cover.

I remember wearing Salk, Bittners, Davol, Futro, Dura-Med, Sears and Wal-Jan. The spellings may not be 100 percent correct but I was very young at the time.

I wear Comcos, Arizona or Gary pants now.

I wear Comcos, Arizona or Gary pants now.

Oohhh, I've got a pair of Gary pants myself...I love them, though they are getting a little stiff in the crotch. I'm not 24/7 and really only occassional. I love snap-on prints, but I understand the leaking issue...wish I could get a pair of locking pants, but alas...my wife isn't a part of my fantasy and so I have no one to lock them on me (and keep the key!)

Gerber style Soft N Silents by VIP. I still have a few pairs left.

Otherwise, KINS lightweight prints.

What kind of diaper cover?

I always wear waterproof when I'm diapered, Never feels right without.

I prefer soft pull on vinyl pants with enclosed elastics.

I love the smell of a brand new pair of pants.

I own a few pairs of rubber pants too for when I fancy somthing different.

well usually wear disposibles so dont have anything over my nappy but on the odd occaison I have worn cloth I use clear plastic pull on pants to make everything waterproof. Ive had to use a pair of pink see thru ones before now as well, just glad no one saw them !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How delightful reading all the previous answers to this poll. Up to now I did not realize it was okay for me to mention the specific styles and brands I wear. Okay, now I can get specific.

Early in 1991, a couple of weeks after my kid sister told me she was using adult baby play to cope with her incontinence, suggesting I consider doing the same, I discovered an article in Fetish Times about Diaper Pail Friends (DPF) The same issue had a story about a big baby girl reprinted from "The Play Pen" published by Infantae Press. Right away I wrote to both those organizations. I might not have been the first born-that-way gal to join DPF, but I soon became super active, writing a column for several years.

When I was growing up my Mom only bought Curity 21x40" flat gauze diapers. Those could be folded in many ways to accomodate growing children. Mom would sew 2 or 3 of those together to make gauze diapers big enough to fit teens and adults. At the time Gerber still owned the vinyl pants factor in Three Oaks that makes adult pants, now called VIP. That is where Mom ordered our many sizes of panties. In 1981 when I left home for a university dorm Mom still bought from those firms, but once I returned to Los Angeles in 1989 Curity was in the process of selling out to Gerber, who wanted out of the adult vinyl pants business.

No worries for me because DPF sold a really great gauze prefold they called the baby heaven style 101. I still have a few left, but unfortunately in 2006 Tommy who started DPF had enough old-age issues they stopped taking orders.

Back in 1991 I had a long period when I adored Rubber Ducky panties, until they had severe quality control issues. I also loved Pro-Health colorfull vinyl panties, until the fire late in 1991 that melted the Pro-Health factory. Lucky for me I live in Los angeles and Gary Manufacturing is in San Diego. A gal I knew who lived a couple of miles from Gary designed a wonderful style of plastic panties, with seriously forward-facing leg holes. Gary custom made them for her, which she sold as Crissy's Creations. Bummer she divorced her husband in June 1994, thus ending that venture. Then Jensen in Whittier became a Gary dealer, selling the Crissy-style panties, until they gave up the business.

For years I knew about the super reputation of Babykins in Canada, who have their adult Kins department. I am not a fan of flannel diapers, so I have only tried their Velcro-fastening ones a few times. When Jensen went out of business I started buying Kins style V1300 soft thin vinyl pull-on panties. Those leg holes do not face forward, but as you wear them they stretch so that soon they fit like they are custom made. Take decent sensible care of Kins vinyl panties and they last a long time.

For years I have used off-the-shelf Gerber Birdseye toddler pre-folds as soakers and utility towels in my own adult nursery. With my stash of DPF prefolds wearing out, I discovered none of the cloth diapers are similar, using non-woven Kodafil as the soaker like Gerber does. ACD had been recommended by some friends. I talked to them about gauze diapers. They do make prefolds, but with terry soakers. They do offer 36" square gauze diapers in double and 4x weight. I bought 2 as a sample and washed them several times to be sure they shrunk. With a little experimentation I found a way to fold those with 1, 2 or even 3 Gerber prefolds. Those feel so much like the diapers my Mom made for decades.

Lucky for me my husband and I made good friends with sales reps in Los Angeles for both Gerber infant garments and The First Years. This way I know when a shipment of Birdseye prefolds is available. They last a long time but not forever. In 1991 I had become a major fan of The First Years style 3200 diaper pins. These are different from most in that the stainless wire is a bit heavier and the pin is slightly longer, with a generously large head. I find these pins work just fine with adult gauze diapers, causing a lot less damage than bigger blanket pins sold at high prices to the AB world. Getting word the 3200 was to be discontinued, I managed to buy a case of 240 cards or 4 each, which should last me the rest of my life.

A big baby needs more than just diapers and water-proof panties. We need outfits. I find it is a lot more comfy to sleep with something covering my vinyl panties. Up to the summer of 1992 a nice lady worked closely with my friends Don and Debbie Stanley designing nice AB garments. In Fenruary 1992 I wore one of her AB cowgirl dresses on an early episode on Montel Williams, with my plastic panties showing under the hem. It took so long to tape the segment I really wet, and only slightly stained the chair. Perhaps the most important garment Debbie designed was what we all call the "Baby Kellie" The top is babydoll length, short enough the lower portion of a diaper and panties shows. A Baby Kellie outfit includes a cloth cover for the plastic panties made to match or at least coordinate with the top. These have really gentle elastic at the waist and legs. The cut is generous enough the plastic panties do not rub against the inside of your upper thighs. The top has either a lap or peasant collar, and puffy sleeves just sort of the elbows.

In 1993 another friend from Mountain View designed what I think of as the ultimate big baby Onesies. Technically "Onesies" is a Gerber trademark, so they get pissy when we use the term. We are supposed to call these body suits. The difference to these designs is that the colors are vivid and often mixed up, so the back is a different color than the front. Also the vital thing is that the back crotch flap is long enough it snaps just below the waist, not in the middle of the crotch. That not only is far more comfy, it makes it ever so much easier to change yourself. MY husband/Daddy has less trouble snapping this after a change. I am not sure if these are available for sale. My kid sister makes them for the two of us.

Probably dentists do not approve of adults using pacifiers. Having tried many, long ago I decided the UltiMAM with a clear silicon orthodontic nipple is best for me. I loved the PUR clear silicon nipples but they were discontinued in 1996. I find nearly all the other brands of nipples slightly soft or flacid for my taste. I also prefer clear plastic nurser bottles, especially the angled style.

• 2 weeks later...

opaque white plastic panties over my diapers, please! snap on kind, because being old enough to have been raised in cloth diapers, my mom used the snap on plastic panties over my pinned on diapers.

Still my first love, although an occasional rhumba panties over my cloth OR disposable, is true greatness as well.

Cheers,

Wet

I have white, pink and yellow vinyl pull on pants from Kins but just ordered a pair of white with pink trim ruffled rhumba panties from Fetware. It's like waiting for Christmas, oh the torture. :D