LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Quickie: Cloth Or Disposable

DailyDi

Quickie: Cloth or Disposable  

736 members have voted

1. 1. Quickie: Cloth or Disposable

• Cloth Diapers
    • Disposable Diapers

I use disposable diaper beacause thats the only kind that daddy can afford right now and me and my daddy don't live close and i live with my parents so it not like i wear often :( wish i did i missssssssssssssss it :(

Lilone

I only wear cloth as that is my preference.

I also think I would have a harder time with my wife if I wanted to constantly spend money on disposables.

CDL

I greatly prefer cloth, for many reasons, absorbency and bulk primarily. Plus they are totally infinitely adjustable, as opposed to the tapes on disposables.

Looking at all the previous wearers who chose cloth, I seem to be the youngest at 38, so there must be something to the theory of liking what you wore as a chronological baby.

To me, the only real advantage of disposables is the smell.

I prefer cloth diapers specially for bed; cloth diapers are really the best for bedwetting as they rarely leak on you. I do sometimes wear them around the house on those raw winter days in Jan & Feb. But for convenience, etc it is disposable diapers during the day.

I dont mind cloth, but for me disposibles is the best choice for several reasons. 1. theyre free for me on NHS being double incontinent (grins) 2. being double incontinent Id sooner have to clean up a messy disposible and then bin it at the end than I would clean up a messy cloth nappy and have to go through the house with a dirty nappy to the washing machine etc.. plus Ive never got the hang of getting cloth nappies tight enough on me and always seem to end up perferating myself with the pins !!. Also I find that cloth on an everyday basis is a little too bulky to wear under jeans etc.. and I start to suffer from sweat rash if left in plastics too long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Baby Peter

disposables! since i can wear baby diapers without much trouble added... (kinda) cheap, easy and saves alot of mess :P

i wore cloth during my (real) baby period though

• 2 weeks later...

Disposables- I like because I enjoy traveling and the convenience of when its dirty you can just throw it away. Also I love how disposables are so soft and discrete these days.

Cloth- On the other hand I really like cloth as well, especially when I am sick or sleeping very heavy. Great absorbency and comfort. Cloth also produces that nice waddle although which I like although like at my house only.

There is no wrong answer! Cloth and disposable diapers have their uses.

I was born in 1964. The history section of the P&G Pampers website tells me that they were marketing Pampers in limited quantity by then. Additional research tells me several forms of paper disposable diapers for infants were being sold as early as the mid 1940's. However, my extended family hug trees. My granny, Mom and aunts would not consider any dispoable for their kids, even when the kid was sick and making runny messes. I was old enough to remember a trip when my youngest sister was not quite toilet trained and also had the runs. In a couple of hours Mom and my older sister had changed the sick baby so often they ran out of cloth diapers in the car. Mom had to stop and send my oldest sis into a supermarket to buy a bag of Pampers, a first for the family, and a secret Mom kept from her sisters for months!

The fact is younger adult babies and most incontinent adults have no cloth diaper experience. I happen to prefer pinned cloth diapers made of gauze. Just before First Years stopped making their classic Style 3200, I bought a case of those cards. Probably my stash of larger than average diaper pins will last the rest of my life. I know diaper pins are not easy to find. So I do use disposables part of most days. I can even feel babyish wearing a pull-up Depend Adjustable, and I can also feel totally adult and responsible seconds after pinning a gauze diaper on me and making sure it is totally tucked inside my vinyl panties. No problem either way!

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to be one of the youngest people here, if not THE youngest, so I missed cloth's heyday by a long shot.

I was raised in disposables. Thick, fluffy, plastic-backed, noisy, old-school pampers...today's kids have no idea what they've missed. I've never tried cloth, though I would like to--I love bulk, and bulky disposables are on the brink of extinction. I just don't know how I could launder them without any family members noticing.

I've been considering making my own cloth diaper to wear just for kicks, but not to "use," for the reason stated above. I'm also very seriously considering making my own cloth period pads to save money AND to have something designed for my needs. I have very poor "aim," and I always end up staining half my wardrobe. Commercial pads just don't give enough protection in the back, plus the wings get crumpled up and thus rendered useless.

Hell, I might as well just wear diapers on my period. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I am one of the dinosaurs, having been born in 1952. I am definitely into cloth diapers and plastic pants. I don't remember wearing them myself, but I do remember seeing other children in them, and on laundry day, clotheslines filled with cloth diapers and plastic pants. I believe that disposable diapers are better for when you are away from home,etc.

I am a daddy to an online baby girl. She is 25 years old (we were born on the same day, thirty years apart). She only wears disposables, and I would never try to change her choice of diapers. She doesn't feel that daddy's should wear diapers, and right now I don't mind since I am more in a daddy mode than a baby or toddler one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was brought up on cloth and plastic pants (I don't remember seeing any disposables until at least the late 70's). Although I don't remember being in diapers myself, I have too younger brothers (the last born 1975) and I have strong memories of my mom using cloth diapers and drawers full of plastic pants. Because it was these exact diapers that are was first attracted to (also in 1975 when I was 6) I still associate them most with being a baby, so I prefer them. I also remember the horrible smell of diapers being boiled on the hob before we had a washing machine (which I don't want to recreate,lol).

Another thing I like about the cloth is when my wife hangs them out to dry on the washing line. Yeah, I know the neighbours must think it's towels, but hey, it still gives me a kick!!

When I go out in diapers I use pull ups, as the others are too bulky. ;)

Beth

• 1 month later...

I used to be 100% for disposable but have been converted to the cloth side although the cloth nappies I use are shaped ones. I still use disposables when I wear nappies at work but have now got a slim plastic backed all-in-one cloth nappy to try. Generally I find cloth nappies can hold a lot more than disposables and have the advantage that they can take a lot of 'stuffing' to increases the absorbancy.

When I was born all there was ,was cloth.I like the 21x40 gauze curity,s. Fourtnately ,with some creative folding, I can still wear them. :P I use 6 or seven at a time,and plastic pants.Sometimes i put a white disposable over theb, It bulks them out nicely. :rolleyes:

seems like my situation it wasn't until i was potty trained around the age of 13 i started wearing disposables but up till then i wore cloth diapers and plastic pants god i miss those days when you could just walk into a drug store and see some plastic pants in the diaper isle and the funny thing i only remember there ever being one diaper isle in the stores when i grew up and that was for baby diapers hell the idea of pull ups just came out when i stopped wearing diapers ( well at least full time that is and every one that knew me i wore them ) ........

• 2 weeks later...