LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My doctor thinks my night wetting and sleep apenia are related

that would be a new one, as a rule they have nothing to do with each other, but in some cases they can both be part of a larger over all illness

LIKE MS

that would be a new one, as a rule they have nothing to do with each other, but in some cases they can both be part of a larger over all illness

LIKE MS

i too suffer from sleep apnia i also wet the bed i have found that it is connected when i was looking it up on a web site

I have sleep Apnea, it does not cause me incontinence problems.

But it has been mentioned as a cause for bedwetting in children. My guess is when an apnea event happens, the body "freaks out" and that is a muscle that is forgotten about over the important stuff (LIKE BREATHING AGAIN)

I did however wear a diaper to my first sleep study.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 3 years ago, even though I'm sure I have had apnea a long time. It's based on my weight and ability to breath at night when sleeping. During my test, I probably asked toe testers to go to the bathroom 5 times in the 6 hour period. I do not wet the bed or have any sleep wetting problems at all. I always wake up when I have to pee, and I often pee 3 or 4 times a night. In fact, I often can't fall asleep or sleep well when I do go to bed diapered. When I do wear diapers to bed, I still wake up each time I need to pee. Because Apnea can cause you to stop breathing when sleeping, the solution is to wear the CPAP mask that forces air into your lungs and also try and lose weight. I never got the CPAP mask and I'm sure I probably would not be able to sleep when wearing it. Since I have been downsized and off work the past year, my breathing problems are a lot better! I have damaged lungs from a medical condition but I don't even use my inhalers anymore except in severe cases where I might have a bad cold. I know there was something in my office building that caused lots of breathing problems for people, but the company wouldn't admit to it and did "self testing" by the human resources department who said "Everything is within OSHA standards". So, do you call OSHA yourself and risk losing your job or just keep your mouth shut? Hmmmmmm......

that would be a new one, as a rule they have nothing to do with each other

Not true; apnea has long been known to be a cause of bedwetting in some cases. Your body makes a hormone while you sleep that slows down the production of urine (that's how the anti-bedwetting nasal spray DDAVP works), but if your sleep is disturbed by apnea and you never really get into a deep sleep state, that hormone isn't produced and you have to pee a lot more often.

My wife has apnea and uses a CPAP. (She thought she wouldn't be able to sleep with it either because it was so uncomfortable, but the first time she put it on she slept like a rock for about sixteen hours, the best sleep she could remember having in years, and felt fantastic afterward.) I remember before her diagnosis and treatment she used to half-joke that she wished she could wet in her sleep so she wouldn't have to get up several times a night. Actually maybe she was only quarter-joking. She was pretty miserable.

I was told I had sleep Apena by my doctor. I even went to a sleep study, it was the worst. I hated that sleep study. First of all the Lady, spoken broken English and I don't speak polish or russian. (Whateva she was.) Then, she was so nervous putting the cords on me, some even broke and the machine even broke, while during my study. I felt so useless. I couldn't even leave my bed, I had so many wires on me. I'm glad I had diapers on. Finally, at 5 am, I was told to get up and leave. They took the wires off and I left. It was probably the worst night sleep, I ever got. I got like a hour of sleep, for staying their for 8 hours.

My doctor says, I'm over weight and that's why I get tired all the time. That would explain, why I would always sleep with the window open. Anyways, it's a little weird. That after 24 years, one of my new doctors just told me. I can't believe it would take that long. I always thought it was due to my rare blood type.

Pyropolikilocytosis.

Anyways, THat's about it. I might have to get a machine to help me breath at night. Or work out. I dunno about that. A Machine to help my breath, why do I want a machine to do all my work for me? Anywho. That's it.

I was going to put post out about this but you beat me two it. I was dignosed with sleep Apenia in october last year i told the doctor that i had bed wetting problem and need to wear diapers for bed he told me that wetting the bed when you have Apenia is very coman thing.

I have now lost weight and don't have Sleep Apenia anymore but still wet my bed most nights.

Nappyman

I was going to put post out about this but you beat me two it. I was dignosed with sleep Apenia in october last year i told the doctor that i had bed wetting problem and need to wear diapers for bed he told me that wetting the bed when you have Apenia is very coman thing.

I have now lost weight and don't have Sleep Apenia anymore but still wet my bed most nights.

Nappyman

I have taken care of many people with sleep apnea and this is the first i have heard of a bed wetting problem with it so i leanred something new today

aww thats no fun that you have sleep apena. I know its hard to stop breathing at night and not having any control over it. I know those Cpap's things are annoying at night though. I say that cause I know if you stop breathing it makes a loud noise not quite sure how to describe it other than sirenlike. I take care of people at work that has it and uses one of those. I don't have it though. I'm just a caregiver in a nursing home.

I have taken care of many people with sleep apnea and this is the first i have heard of a bed wetting problem with it so i leanred something new today

Well, I didn't think it did either, but it makes sense. Your body goes into a "coma" state of sleep. Rem sleep if I remember, you go to bed faster and pass the sleep states faster. So, you body is in such a deep sleep that it doesn't realize it has to use the bathroom, so you end up just going in your sleep.

OK, let me clear up some misconceptions

1. the machine does not do the work for you. The machine I use is an Auto Bi-PAP with Bi-flex. Basically it runs at two seperate pressures, a lower one for exhale, and a higher one for inhale. The flex part is that the pressure down not go low to high like on/off it goes in gradual steps to make it easier to adjust for you body. The Auto part is that it is programmed with in a range to auto adjust the pressures.... so if one night I do not need the pressure of 16, it will max at 13 on its own. If i stop breathing, it will keep increasing the pressure to the max that it is set to (16 in my case) till i take a breath, I don't know what it will do if i don't take a breath by then, cause i has never once reached to the max.

2. There is no alarm if it has to help you, there may be an alarm if it detects a mask leak, or something. commonly i get woken up by the data card alarm cause the data card could not be written to - my machine keeps detailed data that can be reviewed by me or my doctor

OK some comon questions I hear

Isn't that uncomfortable, it looks so - yes it is uncomfortable to an extent, but so is the lack of sleep and headache i get when i cannot use it. If you have to use it, you got 2 choices, get used to it, or find a mask that works and you are comfortable with. I am now on my 3rd different mask. I cannot use the one that goes just under my nose, or the mask that covers just my nose cause i mouth breath. so I have a mask that covers my nose and mouth.

Is it loud - define loud. My room humidifier is louder than my CPAP, so is my fan that i use in the summer

An awful lot has changed in the last some years with sleep apnea treatment from what i can tell. Certain things that have come to be common practice were not common 5 years ago.

One of those things is heated humidifiers or a humidifer at all.... The CPAP will dry your sinuses out royally. I have a heated humidifer that is inline with the airhose. I go thru about 10 oz of water in just over night to be able to keep my sinuses from being dried out. When they dry out, i get nose bleeds, and they don't stop easily.

A great place if you have sleep apnea and want to talk to others is www.cpaptalk.com

Hey I'm new here to posting but have been lurking for past 2 years and love this web site. I'm having a sleep study in 10 days. I use full time external catheters or diapers day/night. My wife says wear a diaper during the test, but I sleep better with a catheter and less fearful of wetting their bed. Do the technicians really care about this? any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

• 8 years later...

I have sleep apnea and Narcolepsy so I'm tired all of the time

I use a CPAP machine at night and I believe that it has contributed to my bed wetting along with my back problems

On 4/7/2007 at 1:24 PM, enfant said:

apnea has long been known to be a cause of bedwetting in some cases. Your body makes a hormone while you sleep that slows down the production of urine (that's how the anti-bedwetting nasal spray DDAVP works), but if your sleep is disturbed by apnea and you never really get into a deep sleep state, that hormone isn't produced and you have to pee a lot more often.

I have been on a c-pap since 2006 after i had a heart attack caused by my sleep apnea.

My apnea is caused by small fiber polyneuropathy caused by sarcoidosis.

Between the lack of the hormone from not getting good rem sleep and diabetes i have to pee 4 to 6 times a night.

Doctors telling you to lose weight may work for some but many have other health problems that can also cause sleep apnea like autoimmune disorders and neurological disorders that can also cause sleep apnea. one thing to watch for is still having apnea while naping when setting up.

This is a sign that weight is not the problem.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have used a CPAP, and my wife uses a BIPAP, both of us have been on them for probably 10 years, and we are so used to them we can't sleep without the mask on, mine was supplemented with an O2 machine a year ago, i don't see any connection to me wetting at night being related to using CPAP, i only bed wet a few nights a week