2. 2. what age did you stop?

• 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7-10
    • 11-12
    • 13-18
    • still wet
    • never started
  3. 3. did you wear pull-ups / diapers to bed as a kid?

• yes
    • no
    • plastic / rubber sheets
    • 1 and 3

When i was a kid I wet the bed untill about 10 or 11. Then once in a while when in my teens. Infact the other day I did it agian. (ther other day was kinda embarassing) It never occrred to my family to put me in diapers, or I'm sure they would have. It was suggested for my younger brother once, but by then I had mostly out grown the habbit.

Anyways I was just wondering if there was any connection to being a DL and or an AB, and being a bedwetter as a kid.

At the moment I'm a DL, but have a strong dessier to become an AB(part time anyway).

Recreational AB, full time diapered.

Didn't stop wetting until I was about 8, and even then, I still had a few drips to tend to in the morning. Wetted once as a teen.

I don't think that bedwetting has a FULL affect on becoming an AB/DL later on in life, though this thread does get my mind cooking.... :thumbsup:

Interesting, most of the people who've responded so far were bedwetters. According to the Wikipedia article, bedwetting frequency falls below 10% by age 7. So this might be a correlation.

I was a bedwetter also, mostly stopped wetting in the 11-12 range, but occasionally wet when I was 13 and 14. I only used plastic sheets, no diapers. I'm now a DL, though I do prefer my diapers and plastic pants to look babyish.

I mostly stopped betwetting on the early side, around 2, but at some point I started having occasional accidents again, about once a month or so on average, and that went on until I was almost 19. (I'm not sure what age that started. Believe it or not, I didn't know I was bedwetting for a long time... I thought I was prone to sweating profusely in my sleep once in a while, and the stain on my mattress pad was from someone spilling coffee... Just complete and total denial. :) It was a real shock when I finally figured it out. I was about 12 or 13 then, and I know it had been going on for a few years before that, but I don't know how many.)

It's not possible that it could have triggered my infantilism, though, because I was fascinated with diapers from the time I was 3. If there's a cause-effect relationship, it's the other way around... I might have started bedwetting because the subconscious desire was just as strong as the conscious one. Or maybe it was just a coincidence; no way to know.

But anyway, I count myself as having been a childhood bedwetter. I know others had the problem a lot worse than me, though. My wife didn't have a dry night at all until she was 9, in fact; and my best friend didn't have one until he was 12. (It's kind of surprising how many of my close friends turn out to have been bedwetters, actually--a lot more than you'd think from the statistics. I was at a dinner once with four married couples, including my wife and me--somehow or other the subject came up, and it turned out that five of the eight of us had been bedwetters until at least 8 or 9. As far as I know I was the only infantilist present, though--I didn't ask about that. ;) )

• Like 1

I was a bedwetter until I was 6 and my parents had me in cloth diapers and plastic pants every night because of the bedwetting. They never ever treated me like a baby for wetting the bed and I believe that is why I am not an AB today and have never had any AB interests. On the other hand, I remember when I was 3 1/2 becomming excited one night as my dad was reading me a bedtime story. I was estatic that I was wearing diapers and plastic pants! I also remember many times after that when I really didn't want to wear diapers to bed. I think being diapered for wetting the bed is what hooked me on being a DL but seeing all the TV commercials for Pampers when I was a kid added to the desires. It wasn't until a few years after being oout of night diapers that I really had the desire to wear them again.

At home I did not wear diapers but had a plastic mattress cover. At some relatives, I was made to wear cloth diapers, but not plastic pants.

CDL

I wet occassionally past age 7 (I remember only because we moved when I turned 7 and I remember wetting once in a while but very rarely after the move). My parents never made a big thing about it and I don't remember it being an issue in my mind either. I don't think it's related to my wanting to wear diapers now. I think there may be a strong correlation for others - but thought it worthwhile to mention there are those like me that do not have that connection. Interesting survey and interesting responses!

diaperpt

I wasn't fully potty-trained til I was about 4 1/2 (I found out later from my Mom who graciously told everone over a game of cards)lol Anyway, I remember wetting the bed very often, but I was sneaky and would take care of the wet sheets etc.. before anyone found out. My mom caught me one time because she came in early to wake me up because a storm was coming and we had to get in the basement. I remember that day well. I didnt' even know I was wet..and my mom was in such a hurry to get me and my brother downstairs that she didn't say anything til later. But, I wasn't put into diapers or anything like that...my mom was very understanding. I've also wet the bed in my teen years quite a few times..but only I knew. I'm 28 now and I've wet the bed probably 5 times in the last 10 years. By the way...if you play with fire..you really do wet the bed. I found that out after building a big party bonfire one night.lol I remember that each time I wet the bed, I wished I had a diaper just to make things simpler...but I didnt' want to be viewed as a baby though.

I still don't know where my DL comes from...but I have an idea. I'm probably one of the few people who can actually remember being diapered or wearing one as a child. One instance that sticks in my mind is I remember I'm laying on my back being changed and my mom says "Do you wanna be in diapers forever?" I remember that very well. I'm guessing I was probably a little over 4 years old. I also remember crawling around the bathroom floor and crawling into the open sink cabinet and just wetting my diaper. Those are the only two childhood diaper memories I retain. I don't really know if that's what triggered it or not.

I rediscovered diapers at age 11 when I was at a relatives and their were 2 and 3 yr old cousins in diapers and I was pretty little and slim at 11 still and I saw a few diapers in the bedroom and tried one on and all I can say is WOW, the first time you can never get back.lol The bedwetting might have had a little to do with it...but the thought of "being in diapers forever" might have had some impact. But, I can't blame my mom...I am who I am and I'm very accepting of it and I enjoy it! By the way..Bambinos ROCK!!

Interesting, most of the people who've responded so far were bedwetters. According to the Wikipedia article, bedwetting frequency falls below 10% by age 7. So this might be a correlation.

If there is it is probably about as strong as the bedwetter/sociopath one.

I was a bedwetter as a child. Actually so was my brother at the same time. It had gotten to the point that our parents had threatened to put us back in diapers if we didn't stop. It was shortly after that that we did stop wetting our beds and the subject never came up again. However, that got my imagination going and wondering what it would be like to wear diapers again. Ever since I have been a Diaper Lover. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I was a bedwetter until age 11, and have always liked being in diapers.

My mother would diaper me every night before bed with cloth diapers and plastic pants and I would be wet in the morning about 5 days out of 7. I do remember wearing gerber toddler plastic pants until I was around 8 years old and I thing mom used 4 cloth birdeye diapers at the time.

When I was 10 or so if I wake up before mom got me up for school I would wet my diapers on purpose and remembered it feel so good to have a wet diaper.

Today I can still wear 27 x 27 birdseye diapers, I usually wear 4 birdseye diapers with toddler prefolds as stuffers and protex plastic pants. Love my cloth diapers

• 2 weeks later...

i wet the bed every night as a child and never stopped i allways wear nappies to bed i am 48 years old and still wake up wet in the morning

Not far behind you. I'm 42 and still wet the bed. Not every night, usually a couple of times a month.

I hid it from my family when I was growing up, and they still don't know about it.

I wet the bed on and off all the time and still now, but now I have my diapers.. My parents never accepted it though and I never used diapers or a plastic sheet till I was older...But by then I had many little ways of hiding it..

I wet the bed until I was twelve or thirteen. I had a brain tumor at a very young age that seemed to regress me back a few years. I would sneek my little sisters diapers and alter them to fit me. I always hoped my mom would get the hint and put me back in diapers, but alas it never happened. She would always put a plastic sheet under me. I wear now to fullfill that time that I couldn't.

Guest Craig

I'm told I was potty trained during the day about the time I was 3 which was later than hoped for. I never did get dry at night which created a lot of stress for my parents who found this problem very irritating. I was never punished for it at all, but by the time I was in grade school I was told it was my problem to deal with and was given the necessary diapers which was fine because then it didn't have to become an issue we had to discuss.

I never have been reliable dry at night.

Funny thing about all this is my father really intensely disliked being awakened in the middle of the night, so that was something I remember being afraid to do. As I think back, as strange as it probably sounds, it was probably less stressful to wet the bed in peace and deal with it myself than it would have been to get up and run down the hall to the bathroom thereby waking up the world's lightest sleeper.

• 1 year later...

I clicked "13-18" because that was as high as it went, but in truth I wet my bed at least weekly till I was in my late teens/early 20's when it finally went away(unless I'd been drinking which was often badk then :( ). I don't remember being in diapers as a child and my Dad forbid any protection for my bed andpants wetting. My childhood was a different kind of traumatic and I was a deep sleeper. The loss of sleeping deeply is why I stopped bedwetting and I thought it was better but actually it wasn't :o The plain truth is that some of us need to sleep deeply or it will show up in our waking life as mental or character problems that are often worse than bedwetting :angry: Late in life I've decided to let myself become a bedwetter again and I am sleeping more soundly than ever before. I wake up feeling better, my outlook on life is better, and in general I am happier :) As a child I hated my wetting but now I couldn't care less, in fact I like it :wub:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

I was a chronic bedwetter (2 to 3 times per week) from the time I was 7 until the time I was 11 or 12. It started slowing down then, but I still would have regular accidents until the time I was 14. It was really kinda annoying since I would regularly go camping with the scouts. Fortunately on the rare occaision that I wet whille I was out camping, I would usually be in a tent by myself, and could pass my sleeping bag being wet as leakage from the rain/dew whatever. I was never put back in diapers, but I had a plastic sheet on my bed from the time I was 8 until I was 15. I kinda got used to it, and to be honest, when I didn't need it any more it was kinda difficult for me to sleep for awhile. Mom had even put a waterproof liner on my pillow. I still have occaisional accidents when I'm under alot of stress. I'm trying to get back to being a bedwetter again, but this time, I definitely will be wearing diapers to bed.

• 11 months later...

I started wetting the bed when I was 8 (I think it was due to wearing diapers and deliberately wetting them at night from 7 to 8) and I had run out of diapers. When my parents found out I was wetting the bed they didn't do anything about it at first but after about a week mom took me to my room before bed and told me to get undressed. While I undressed she left and returned moments later with a box of Pampers and a container of baby powder and diapered me for bed. The next morning my diaper was wet but the bed was dry and that night I was again diapered for bed and I continued wearing diapers to bed for the next 6 months when I convinced my parents that I had stopped bedwetting and returned to wearing diapers discretely. My mom caught me wearing a wet diaper when she came to wake me up about 7 months later but she didn't say anything about it.

• 6 months later...

I wet the bed until I was 11 or 12. I finally realize I was having the same or similar dreams about peeing as I wet and started awakening when I started dreaming. At first, I'd be peeing when I woke up, but gradually started to wake before I peed. Sometimes I still have similar dreams, and I wish I could go back to waking after the dream.

I was bedwetter till about 10, then started again when I was 13, probably due to problems at school, was dry again at 15 and started again at 18, after my parents split up