LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Family Crisis

justagirl4fun

"Of course! I love that game!" Edith went to the bookcase in the living room and got the game off the high shelf where all the games were kept out of a certain 2-year-old's reach. She put it on the coffee table and set it up. "What piece do you want to be?"

Sean stood on the other side of the bed and frowned. "I know. I still can't believe all this happened from bumping her head." He covered her with her blankie and put her rag doll and fox on either side of her, then pulled a chair close to the bed and sat holding her hand. "Hey Scarlett, it's daddy. Everything's okay. Mommy and I are both right here," he said softly, hoping she could hear him and might be comforted by his words.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Can I be the blonde girl?" Ava asked getting comfy around the table with her bunny. "What are you gonna be grandma?"

Lillian fought back tears and moved her daughter's hair. "Hi baby. It's gonna be ok. You're a tough little girl aren't you?"

A little while later the food arrived. After dinner Edith let Ava watch a movie as promised and let her take a bubble bath after, even though it was past her bedtime. She got her ready for bed (I forgot, does she still wet the bed?) and tucked her in. "Goodnight sweetheart, sleep well," she said and kissed Ava's forehead.

(I had to look back to check. Yeah she wets the bed almost every night.)

Ava enjoyed her dinner and bath, but was sad at bedtime. She wished her parents were there to tuck her in like always. She went to bed without a fuss, and tried not to think about the fact they were gone.

(okay, so Edith diapered her before bed)

Edith tidied up the house and went to bed, a bit worried that Sean never called with an update on Scarlett.

At 9:00 the nurse came in. "I'm really sorry, but visiting hours are over. Only one of you is allowed to stay here overnight."

The next morning the doctor stopped by during rounds, examined Scarlett and read her chart notes from overnight. "She looks good. I'll have the nurse start weaning her off the sedatives this morning, and she should wake up in the next couple hours. I'll be back to check on her, and we'll see where she's at."

Edith got up and started a pot of coffee before going to get the Sunday paper. She sat down and waited for Ava to wake up.

"Hon, I got a room at the Holiday Inn just down the street. You wanna go take a nap?" Sean asked, though he figured Lillian would want to wait at least until Scarlett woke up and they knew how she was doing.

Ava woke up around 10 AM and wandered downstairs with her bunny to her chest. She frowned seeing Edith was still there and her parents weren't back yet. She climbed into her lap, her nighttime diaper sagging through her pajamas.

"Hey there sleepy head. Did you sleep good?" Edith asked as she hugged her granddaughter. "What would you like for breakfast?"

A little later a nurse came in to adjust Scarlett's meds. "She should be awake soon."

Sure enough, Scarlett opened her eyes a few minutes later. She started whimpering, then noticed Lillian was next to her and reached out to her. At least, she tried to. Her left arm lifted, though weak and shaky, but her right remained pulled in to her chest.

"Sure. What kind?" Edith asked as she rubbed Ava's back and kissed her forehead. "I'm not sure when they're coming home. I haven't heard from your father yet," she added with a frown.

Scarlett tried talking but nothing would come out right. The more she attempted to move and speak the more frustrated and scared she got and soon she was crying hysterically.

A few minutes later the doctor returned. "You can hold her now," he informed Lillian and gently lifted the girl, careful not to disrupt any of the wires.

Once Scarlett was calm the doctor examined her. When he removed her bandages, Sean was surprised to see she still had most of her curls, and the small spot that was shaved was hidden by her part anyways. Even more surprising was the incision, tiny compared what he had expected. "Well, at least she

Lillian nodded and just rocked her baby. She was happy that she looked almost unscaved. "It's okay baby you're gonna be okay. You're a very tough little girl huh?" She kept talking to Scarlett, hoping to reassure her as well as herself.

"Maybe there's a way we can do all this at the local hospital. I know she needs the care, but Ava will be miserable I'm sure...." Lillian sighed and continued to rock Scarlett. She didn't know what to do. "I don't want Scarlett's first memorable Christmas to be in the hospital."

"Well, I guess we wait and see what the therapists say and go from there. I'm gonna go call my mom, I'll be right back." Sean kissed Scarlett and went to the waiting room, pulled out his phone, And called home.

Edith was just tidying up from breakfast when the phone rang. "Oh, that's your daddy," she said to Ava as she grabbed the phone.